Hardest platinum trophies EVER list

Shadow-30031989

It's a great idea for a topic, especially for those who like a challenge, it'll make a database. 

I'd like to specify something about Trials license. They're obviously very skill-dependent games, but the level of difficulty between the three is incomparable. As anyone who's played all three knows, Fusion is far more complicated than Rising and TBD, and in my opinion, only this game deserves a place in this ranking. 

If we want to have a precise list that's not 10 kilometers long, in my opinion we should limit ourselves to games that are unanimously complicated (there's the word EVER in capital letters in the topic title 😄). 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 3:52 PM, Walt the Dog said:

I've done that one twice and definitely no. It's not really a beginner-friendly plat at all, but it's definitely more than manageable once you get the hang of it (particularly if you're using a controller to play). The hardest part is the grind to max out every song in Club mode and even putting aside the fact that 95% of it can be turboed out over a period of days, the part that does have to be done legit isn't too bad with some practice. I'd give it a plat difficulty of 6, maybe on the lower edge of 7 at most.

EDIT: Forgot about the Club Master and Challenger trophies as well, but also I'd argue that both should be doable by the time one gets through the Club mode grind.

I'd say it's even easier if you're already familiar with Dance Dance Revolution. Played the series a shitload on PlayStation 2 so that one was pretty easy for me to pick up.

Speaking of music games, Green Day: Rock Band, The Beatles: Rock Band and Rock Band 3 (which are all doable offline with the correct peripherals) are absolutely punishing if you aren't prepared. So is Shiren the Wanderer; that's one i've been playing for a while now and that shit is no joke. I've heard PowerGig: Rise of the Six String is also a pain because the peripherals are garbage, and Tony Hawk: Ride is in a similar boat, only that one I can definitely confirm; game is so broken it corrupted my PS3!

while I do agree hollow knight is insanely hard it can be cheesed by a glitch the developers have no intention to fix. by that same reason wouldn't you say bloodborne is on the list because the queens' trophy requirement is also insanely hard if done legitimately? 

in my opinion if were looking at the hardest platinum ever list, glitches should be considered. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valzentia said:

I'd say it's even easier if you're already familiar with Dance Dance Revolution. Played the series a shitload on PlayStation 2 so that one was pretty easy for me to pick up.

Speaking of music games, Green Day: Rock Band, The Beatles: Rock Band and Rock Band 3 (which are all doable offline with the correct peripherals) are absolutely punishing if you aren't prepared. So is Shiren the Wanderer; that's one i've been playing for a while now and that shit is no joke. I've heard PowerGig: Rise of the Six String is also a pain because the peripherals are garbage, and Tony Hawk: Ride is in a similar boat, only that one I can definitely confirm; game is so broken it corrupted my PS3!

Speaking on Power Gig, the plat itself is actually fairly easy. Finding the peripherals for a decent price can be a pain in the ass (unless you're like me and you got them back when they were cheap), but once that's over with, it's an easy sub-1% UR if you have decent rhythm skill.

• Like 1

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - because of its imfamous "Mein Leben" trophy
The Long Dark - an absolutely brutal survival game

N++ - a difficult platformer with thousands of levels
The Quiet Man - the "Win at Life" trophy requires the player to beat the entire game without being hit a single time, which is extraordinarily difficult.

For an obscure choice, I wanna vote for Mad Rat Dead

From all the plats I've gotten, it's what I consider to be the hardest one, even if the plat itself is very forgiving all things considered.

Here's a video of me beating the final stage on Hard. One of my greatest accomplishments in life frfr

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, Lonemankane said:

Kingdom Come Deliverance

I will say that I have others I got done like wolfenstein 2 but i feel it is not a fun game and it is poorly made same can be said about Kingdom Come but that is mostly tied to the fact if you own the royal edition your forced to do all the major dlcs even if you don't want to. Your better off if your going for that plat to just get the normal game and do the base game then think about if you want to suffer more. The part that can easily turn you off is mostly the shitty realism it adds to the game as in money has weight. you have to keep cleaning yourself and clothes and fixing things and yeah it becomes a chore. My best advice on this is use the dup glitch to make money easy for yourself so you can make some of the problems easier to deal with and to buy the save drinks as this game uses owned beds and save drinks as means to save the game. you might want to do grinding in the start of the game before the main game starts as that is the best time to make a kind of master save that you can go back to if you feel your ready to do another playthrough of the game.

Kingdom Come Deliverance's platinum is not hard, only tedious. Hell, not even the Hardcore mode is particularly difficult, as long as you understand how the game works and can navigate the world without using the map.

So...to get a summary of some games played in this thread below is a list of sorts to kinda help OP out (if they are still adding games).

Feel free add/remove games listed as these are some that come to mind, but hey, saves some time for OP (or someone else, idk). Some of these are based from this thread/personal/what comes to mind. Some games will not be listed, so, feel free to re-add them or do not, your decision. 

• The Guided Fate Paradox -> Complex and requires a huge learning curve to actually understand the game.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) -> due to needing a co-op partner to either twirl or be as good or better/double Ryu; Master Ninja main story/ CC Story, etc.
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3) -> Base game ultimate ninja / DLC trials 
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • The Evil Within -> subjective, but figured it should be mentioned. Akumu mode is the :platinum: breaker and the 100% is not exactly easy.
  • Catherine/Catherine Full body -> @LuckySlime knows their way around the game(s) and I used their judgement in the past, so, up for discussion.
  • 3D Game Dot Heroes -> Fun game, really fun, but the mini-games are/were absolute gutter trash and are required for obtaining all the swords. 
  • Raiden 4 Overkill -> I think we all know why this is listed.
  • Persona 4 Arena (Vanilla) -> Score Attack w/all characters + all character challenges.
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Someone fill the gap here, idk, but have heard it is difficult without the DLC which was delisted to make the challenges easier.
  • Deception 4: Blood Ties 
  • Deception 4: The Nightmare Princess
  • Vanquish -> Hit or miss; varies. Personally, I do not think so, but others disagree so I will leave it to avoid an uproar.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
  • King of Fighters XIII -> Everything (?)
  • Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) -> Survival.
  • Jotun (?) -> Not 100% sure, but possibly everything.
  • Transformers Devestation (?) -> Cannot say; may need some clarification here or if it warrants being on the list.
  • Dead Space 2 (?) -> Hardcore mode mainly; however, not sure if that is enough to warrant being on the list.
  • Hollow Knight (?) -> Pantheon mainly, but God Mode makes it subjective, and easier to do.
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer
  • Cloudberry Kingdom
  • White Knight Chronicles (?) -> Time consuming/takes even longer now to obtain.

So yeah, this is what comes to mind off the top of my head, or from this thread. Star Ocean IV was not added due to....well, being controversial.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Kingdom Come Deliverance's platinum is not hard, only tedious. Hell, not even the Hardcore mode is particularly difficult, as long as you understand how the game works and can navigate the world without using the map.

it is hard, as a single thing can make you mess up very very easily. i mean your forced to do all the major dlc if you got the royal edition like i do. I mean by your way of thinking any game can end up being easy. take for example wolfenstein 2. if you just keep making test runs on i am death and so on. same goes for ff10 or 9 and all others. just because you understand the game and how it works and so on does not mean it can be for the others in the game. it is why i class them as hard per say.

2 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

it is hard, as a single thing can make you mess up very very easily. i mean your forced to do all the major dlc if you got the royal edition like i do. I mean by your way of thinking any game can end up being easy. take for example wolfenstein 2. if you just keep making test runs on i am death and so on. same goes for ff10 or 9 and all others. just because you understand the game and how it works and so on does not mean it can be for the others in the game. it is why i class them as hard per say.

Wolfenstein 2 has a very high skill requirement. Kingdom Come Deliverance has a basic literacy requirement. As long as you can actually read the trophy guide and follow the instructions, you can get the platinum. And no, you are not forced to do the DLC in order to get the platinum, regardless of the edition you own.

Just now, Iker_01 said:

I have platted and 100% Kingdom Come Deliverance. I have played and got my ass kicked in Wolfenstein 2.

My question still stands if you haven't platted it how can you give a fair judgement you might just suck at the game? Maybe I'm being unfair but I think people should only label a difficulty if they have beaten it, that's my opinion and you are free to yours.

• Like 1

Just now, JAK-KRIEG said:

My question still stands if you haven't platted it how can you give a fair judgement you might just suck at the game? Maybe I'm being unfair but I think people should only label a difficulty if they have beaten it, that's my opinion and you are free to yours.

So, if I try to get Crypt of the Necromancer's platinum and fail, I cannot say that it has a very difficult platinum? If I invest 10, 20, maybe 50 hours, I still cannot give a legitimate judgment on its difficulty? That seems like a weird logic. If only the people who have a platinum can have an opinion, the results will be very biased.

I am not being a contrarian here, there's a reason why KCD has a 5/10 platinum, according to it's trophy guide, and Wolfenstein 2 has a 10/10. Hardcore Mode is the only "difficult" part about KCD, and it's still nowhere close to Wolfenstein 2.

• Like 2

Just now, Iker_01 said:

So, if I try to get Crypt of the Necromancer's platinum and fail, I cannot say that it has a very difficult platinum? If I invest 10, 20, maybe 50 hours, I still cannot give a legitimate judgment on its difficulty? That seems like a weird logic. If only the people who have a platinum can have an opinion, the results will be very biased.

I am not being a contrarian here, there's a reason why KCD has a 5/10 platinum, according to it's trophy guide, and Wolfenstein 2 has a 10/10. Hardcore Mode is the only "difficult" part about KCD, and it's still nowhere close to Wolfenstein 2.

You know what good for you for standing firm on your opinion I'm not gonna argue over something like this. I said my piece enough, have a good day.

I would put vanquish up there. 

The game itself isn't hard, but the challenge mode is what stops alot of people dead in their tracks. 

Even with the grenade exploit its not easy. 

On 9/12/2023 at 10:26 PM, Picek said:

I would say Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. It is really pain in the ass to finish game on Psychotic difficulty because of permadeth.

Done this platinum myself. 

Whilst yes it is difficult, Psychotic difficulties perma death is kinda made redundant with the ability to upload your save to the cloud after completing each level. 

If you die, then you just download your save and try the level again. 

Edited by Azure Kite
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Iker_01 said:

One last thing I just wanna add it's fine to give an opinion on a plats difficulty if you put in a substantial amount of time I can totally agree with that, I was just curious regarding Wolfenstein 2 when I couldn't find it on your profile is all and you were talking about what was required in skill level.

51 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

One last thing I just wanna add it's fine to give an opinion on a plats difficulty if you put in a substantial amount of time I can totally agree with that, I was just curious regarding Wolfenstein 2 when I couldn't find it on your profile is all and you were talking about what was required in skill level.

1 thing to also keep in my mind that people often have multiple accounts. 

Or they also play games on other systems. 

I don't have super meat boy on my profile but I have played it extensively on another account and also on pc. 

It's also possible to understand a games difficulty through research, videos ect. 

I've never played devil may cry 5, but I know it's a ridiculously hard plat. 

I also know WHY it's such a difficult plat without having ever played it. 

• Like 2