Hardest platinum trophies EVER list

Shadow-30031989

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Pure Pool deserves a mention as well. It flies under many a radar because not too many people are into pool games.

I don’t think the platinum is tough but the 147 break in the DLC is ridiculously hard. It took me around 40 hours to do. That’s way more time than I spend on any other difficult trophy I’ve earned.

8 minutes ago, ness1216 said:

Dance dance revolution

I've done that one twice and definitely no. It's not really a beginner-friendly plat at all, but it's definitely more than manageable once you get the hang of it (particularly if you're using a controller to play). The hardest part is the grind to max out every song in Club mode and even putting aside the fact that 95% of it can be turboed out over a period of days, the part that does have to be done legit isn't too bad with some practice. I'd give it a plat difficulty of 6, maybe on the lower edge of 7 at most.

EDIT: Forgot about the Club Master and Challenger trophies as well, but also I'd argue that both should be doable by the time one gets through the Club mode grind.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I won’t speak out of turn about any of the games I’m not personally familiar with, but I will comment on one:

Puyo Puyo Tetris seems an odd one to include on that list.

Tetris Effect and Lumines Remastered both fit on there, I agree, as they require genuine mastery of the mechanics to get the full trophy list done…

…but as I recall, Puyo Puyo Tetris is a pretty easy-breezy affair, that is only made rare by a grind for puyo-pops.

TBH, you don’t actually need to be particularly competent at either Tetris, or Puyo Puyo to get that one - you just need to be patient and like playing it!

Looks like you're right. I hope someone will give it an appropriate rating) Because now the game on the site is only for two players with one vote. Or someone will complete the game and then the rarity will immediately drop and the game will fall off the list.

I'd like to second Assetto Corsa. While a majority of the list is more grindy than anything assuming you are willing to use exploits, the Faster trophy requires really strict times in a sim racer at least with controller. I cannot speak for playing with a wheel but the general concensus is that it is "easier" with a wheel. Perhaps someone who played the game with a wheel could help provide some clarity.

Edited by nashoyo68
Didn't realize it was mentioned already.

1 hour ago, HansPatat050 said:

Why? The platinum itself is not hard to get. Time consuming maybe, but with sufficient guides it's not very difficult. There's no high level skill required like top tier racing or rhytm games.

You must mean 100% completion, so including the masterminds trophy.

Yes I made a mistake, I meant the game including the dlcs.

Me and a few others have actually been compiling a list of every 8/10+ difficulty game onto a spreadsheet. The difficulties are mostly based on guide estimates for now although we slowly want to move towards estimates to remove overrated games from there (e.g. Surgeon Sim, Bound, DMC5). estimates are also handy when it comes to very unknown games that we don't really know of. once the spreadsheet has over 200 games I on it (on 180 rn!), I will make a post asking for anything that we have missed :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

I remember the days where people did say Dead Space 2 was insanely hard. Or both White Knight Chronicles (Though i personally found them to be more of a long grind rather than really hard.)

Something for the list:

Vanquish

Catherine

Devil May Cry 5

Something i'm not sure about if it counts:

Deception 4 The Nightmare Princess

Though because of my video guide it's quite easy to plat it. But without using my video guide this game sure is rather hard trying to figure out getting S ranks on everything.

Vanquish isn't something I would consider to be "difficult", but that is subjective from person-to-person. There are so many guides out there showing you what to do, how to go about each challenge, their is nothing a few attempts/redos will not fix.

One game I would add to replace Vanquish is: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence; also, you cannot forget about Deception 4: Blood Ties either as that game is not exactly forgiving if you mess up during the main story w/the requests, amongst the other trophy requirements. I do not know about Nightmare Princess, but heard it is slightly more annoying than Blood Ties, but not exactly as tedious as Blood Ties.

6 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Star Ocean IV would spur a debate as everyone thinks it is not as difficult, but is instead more time-consuming if anything. Playing through it twice myself and @dertswa687o playing it more times than my NA brain can comprehend, I'll give my hat to the game and say it is actually difficult...in some areas; plus, I am sure the person tagged can agree that you catch up on some of your favorite shows during the end-game! Because I know how much they loved doing Edge's 30k kills. @dertswa687o I had to go private investigator to find out how to spell your name, dood.

Star Ocean 4 is like a 4/10 difficulty. There's only 1 hard thing you have to do in the entire game and the rest of the stuff is just grindy. Most people spend a lot of time on the game simply because they are playing it for the first time and there's a lot to learn and a lot to potentially miss. The first time I played it I finished in 350 hours but got it optimized to 230 hours on my 3rd go.

For this thread the only plat I can personally recommend is Akai Katana Shin. I presume Deathsmiles is just as hard if not harder, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I would not put some games mentioned in this thread like N++, Crash Bandicoot 4, or Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours in the same ballpark as these games.

I have done Guitar Hero: Smash Hits on Xbox 360, and it would deserve a spot if the plat were obtainable. Guitar Hero: Van Halen seems like it would be even harder to me and it's the only obtainable GH plat. 

@OP - I noticed your list doesn't have any fighting game platinums. These fighting game are among the hardest to platinum. 

Dead or Alive 5

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Persona 4 Arena

Super Street Fighter IV

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Besides these fighting games I listed, I would add Assetto Corsa, Gran Turismo Sport, and Tetris Effect

• Like 2

While there are other hard games, I'd say these among the top tier. Are they all super meat boy? no... are they ridiculous? I'd say enough so to make a list like this... maybe?

Obviously to be left to the OPs and other's discretion. 

From my list, apologies if they've already been mentioned:

Plat

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Mirror's Edge (primarily the DLC trophies if you're looking to include those)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (again, the DLC trophies primarily)

King of Fighters 13

Warhammer 40K: Space Marines (again, the DLC trophies primarily)

Non Plat

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Capcom Arcade Cabinet

Chime Super Deluxe

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Hard Corps Uprising

Pix the Cat

Super Stardust HD

• Like 1

From the ones I did and have personal experience with, I'd add:

Gran Turismo Sport, Mainly due to the fact you can't boost the online portion.
Bionic Commando Rearmed due to the Super Hard difficulty being a giant difficulty spike. (not a platinum)
Dead By Daylight due to the horrible community and the difficulty of the trophie that are for the most part non-boostable.

and as a semi-joke entry, Umbrella Corps because getting the plat means you have to play Umbrella Corps.

The rest of my list is quite easy and arguably doable by most trophy hunters.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

@PIOTREK27-1982

I heard it is veeeery long, but is it hard? I planed to do this sometime btw

And btw, siemanko i pozdro :)

Time needed for plat beats 95% of the plats available on PSN but the real troube starts when you go after the dlc trophies. Currently only 8 people on the site have 100% trophies. Even when they stop adding new ones this number will never go above 20 to 50. 

8 hours ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

@PIOTREK27-1982

I heard it is veeeery long, but is it hard? I planed to do this sometime btw

And btw, siemanko i pozdro :)

Not so much difficult as it is tedious. The PS4 version of the game is simple enough, but both versions require some form of time-investment - more so the PS5 version than the PS4 version. Playing the PS4 version myself, the leve's take about 6 months, and the FATE grind can take some time, but the latter will come if you're actively playing/leveling different jobs. The PS5 version on the other hand I doubt will come to a halt with the trophy count due to the amount of patches, expansions, etc, the game has. Needless to say, the PS5 version does not bring anymore, other than (a lot of) trophies, and maybe makes the game more visually good looking; though, the PS4 version is fine on its own. Also, your completion % will probably tank as the game as over 100+ trophies now (and keeps growing) v.s. 39 trophies from the PS4 version. 

I'm not sure what the selection criteria is but I'll add Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1, Prototype, The Evil Within, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Them Fightin Herds, King of Fighters 13, Vanquish, Dead or Alive 5 Vanilla, Catherine, Frostpunk, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2, JWE1 100%, JWE2 100%, Elder Scrolls Online, Silent Hill 2, Sol Cresta, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter V (Potentially). By the way, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is not hard so I'd suggest removing that one. I've not heard of several games on your list so I'm unable to comment further.     

Some other games have difficult DLC trophies that also have a platinum trophy for example Dirt Rally 2.0 and Need For Speed 2015. Need For Speed 2015's platinum trophy isn't bad at all but getting the 100% is another matter entirely. As for Dirt Rally 2.0 I've heard from a friend the Colin McRae DLC trophies are a nightmare to finish. 

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 5:49 PM, Shadow-30031989 said:

Other hard 100% without platinums:

Djmax Respect 

Marvel Pinball 

Pinball FX3 

Star Wars Pinball

DJMax Respect has a platinum. It has a 7/10 difficullty rating in it`s guide. But the game has 14 dlc trophy packs (some are rated 10s and 9s out of 10 difficult wise) but you need the main game to play them.

A few recommendations:

- Battle Axe

- Huntdown

- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 3 Razor`s Edge (2 is already on the list)

For hard 100% without platinums:

- Wild Guns Reloaded

- The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors.

For clarity I don`t have any of the games completed. The nearest I am to complete any of these is Huntdown with "only" the 100% completion left to do in all 3 difficulties.

• Like 1