Wuppo

Rabi-Ribi

Butcher

Might No. 9

Doom (original)

Doom II (original)

Mortal Kombat 9 (Servers offline)

Mortal Kombat X

Ah thanks, I will add those to the list as we speak. Do you have a short summary on what makes them difficult? If you cannot find anything, I can look into each game separately when able. It helps a lot that you did this by the way, Kimura!

7 hours ago, x7251 said:

Fight Night Champion, Fight Night Round 4, Gran Turismo 5, Lost Planet 2, Tom Clancy's End War, and Wipeout HD are all unobtainable now, unless the person got the online trophies while those games servers were online. 

Hence why I did not add them to the list; otherwise, I would have added all of those immediately, lol.

7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Where's Max Payne 3?

Ah, it is not on there due to the Multiplayer being shutdown, thus, even if you did everything else you could not achieve the :platinum:. I am sure you are not the first to ask.

7 hours ago, Valzentia said:

Deader than Max Payne's family

nGMrD.gif

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Spelunky 2 yet. Definetly one of the most difficult platinums out there, not only does it require a good amount of skill but you also need to roll the dice for good rng. Especially with the trophy where you can't pick up any gold and beat the game, there's just so many different factors that can screw you over with just that specific challenge alone. If you're looking for a very difficult but also super fun platinum I defo recommend Spelunky 2. 

From my experience:

Badlands

Dyad

Injustice Gods Among Us

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo Sports

3D Dot Game Heroes

Superhot VR

Max Payne 3

Super Meat Boy

Wipeout HD

Wipeout 2048

Armored Core Verdict Day

Catherine

Battle Fantasia

Outlast 2

Vanquish

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE

Mother Russia Bleeds

Downwell

Wolfenstein 2

Lumo

CRASH BANDICOOT 4: IT'S ABOUT TIME

9 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

Ah thanks, I will add those to the list as we speak. Do you have a short summary on what makes them difficult? If you cannot find anything, I can look into each game separately when able. It helps a lot that you did this by the way, Kimura!

Hence why I did not add them to the list; otherwise, I would have added all of those immediately, lol.

Ah, it is not on there due to the Multiplayer being shutdown, thus, even if you did everything else you could not achieve the :platinum:. I am sure you are not the first to ask.

nGMrD.gif

Yeah but the multiplayer is not what made it hard. I thought you meant no games with MP shut down because obviously it makes it impossible to get the platinum, while the game per se is doable.

Oh well.

10 hours ago, Valzentia said:

Shiren the Wanderer is perfect for this list. The whole damn game is hard...

Neat, from what I have seen it reminds me of The Guided Fate Paradox; in addition, I have seen/read the game plays rather similar to it. If anything, once I am able, will see what I can dig up.

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

Yeah but the multiplayer is not what made it hard. I thought you meant no games with MP shut down because obviously it makes it impossible to get the platinum, while the game per se is doable.

Oh well.

You are correct, but due to the server shutdown I would not want others to think it is still achievable to :platinum: unless people prior to the server shutdown already completed the MP. So as I mentioned before, it will go into its own section, rather than on the list with games still achievable - per se. I edited my post if you did not see that already, so if not, then that is my fault.  

9 hours ago, Ptirle said:

From my experience:

Badlands

Dyad

Injustice Gods Among Us

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo Sports

Superhot VR

Super Meat Boy

Wipeout 2048

Armored Core Verdict Day

Catherine

Outlast 2

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE

Mother Russia Bleeds

Downwell

Lumo

Max Payne 3 and GTA5 will most likely be put into another section since the games are no longer achievable due to the server shutdown. I will add these later when time permits. 

• Like 1

Ran out of ideas so this is probably the last one.

Fight'N Rage (PS5)

Leap (PS5)

Mr. Run and Jump (PS5)

Virgo Versus the Zodiac (PS5)

Fantavision 202x (PS5)

Kombinera (PS5)

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS5)

Nightmare Reaper (PS5)

Ed-0 Zombie Uprising (PS5)

Exodemon (PS5)

DNF Duel (PS5)

Beat Saber (PS5)

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

On 9/17/2023 at 2:52 PM, x410xDragon said:

Key

Bolded = Updated description

Added = New

(List Updated - 9/19/2023)

Bare in mind not all games will be listed as most of this is coming from memory, so any details on what the game is/what makes the game's :platinum: (and) or 100% difficult to achieve, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Games:

• Mortal Kombat X
  •  

Did not add due to server shutdown (but still difficult): Bare in mind the list below was made to separate the games that are still in-fact hard, but the :platinum:/100% can no longer be achieved, unless the MP trophies were earned prior to sever closure.

Games

• Mortal Kombat 9 - Servers no longer active

Up for discussion: This list are for the games that either are on the list or can be removed due to grinds, or games the community thinks is a "hit-or miss" in terms of difficulty. That being the case, it boils down to whether or not it maintains a spot on the actual list or needs to be removed entirely.

Games

• Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

I will need to go back through this thread at some point and maybe add some more games not listed, or if anyone here feels obliged to help, then I'd really appreciate it and you'd be the real MVP. A lot of the games listed do not have MP or the servers for said MP games have been deader than dead, making the game impossible to :platinum:; anyways, I am going to do some spelunking when able.

Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat X, and RDR are just time consuming. Mortal Kombat only had hard 1 trophy that was Outstanding for getting 10 wins in a row. Years later 2017-2019 the online player base wasn't very populated anymore, as many of the die hard MK fans had already moved on to Mortal Kombat X. The Outstanding trophy was easily obtainable from 2017 to 2019, especially if you tried to get the 10 wins in a row in the middle of the night self boosting or with another player. 

I scrolled through everyone's responses and was surprised I didn't see anyone mention 

"Scene It! Bright Lights! Big Screen!" For PS3. (I might have missed it if someone mentioned it)

But if it wasn't. It probably wasn't mentioned because it wasn't a super popular game but it's honestly one of the most difficult games I have done. It's mainly because of 3 trophies but I struggled quite a bit with it. 

The three trophies are "Faster than Light" (Score 500,000 points in a rapid fire game)

"Spotless Performance" (get every single question correct in a long game) and "Lead Role" (Score 400,000 points in a long game)

I worked in a movie store for almost 10 years so I already had a pretty solid foundation of movie knowledge. That being said the game rotates through a ridiculous amount of questions that is impossible to memorize them all. You can't pause the game to look up an answer because the timer keeps going. 

At one point there was a guide floating around for it. I think it's even still on the page but I ran into at least 200+ questions not in the guide. It was almost like the game knew when you were on a hot streak and was like "Tough shit, here's something you probably don't know, good luck!" 😂

Only one trophy left for me and it's not even a difficult one. I wanted to take care of all the hard ones first. Will be so happy to be finished with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kimura Takahashi said:

Ran out of ideas so this is probably the last one.

Fight'N Rage (PS5)

Leap (PS5)

Mr. Run and Jump (PS5)

Virgo Versus the Zodiac (PS5)

Fantavision 202x (PS5)

Kombinera (PS5)

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS5)

Nightmare Reaper (PS5)

Ed-0 Zombie Uprising (PS5)

Exodemon (PS5)

DNF Duel (PS5)

Beat Saber (PS5)

I will add those tomorrow once able. Thanks.

5 hours ago, x7251 said:

Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat X, and RDR are just time consuming. Mortal Kombat only had hard 1 trophy that was Outstanding for getting 10 wins in a row. Years later 2017-2019 the online player base wasn't very populated anymore, as many of the die hard MK fans had already moved on to Mortal Kombat X. The Outstanding trophy was easily obtainable from 2017 to 2019, especially if you tried to get the 10 wins in a row in the middle of the night self boosting or with another player. 

Noted, I will bare that in mind. If that being the case, then Mortal Kombat, RDR, and Mortal Kombat 10 will remain where they are. I do not think adding them to the pile would be needed anyways. Thanks for letting me know!

Didn't read all the discussion, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ for PSVita deserves to be on this list imho, PSVita controls make things even harder.

Also White Knight Chronicles II has the Soul Of Evil Trophy that makes it harder than WKCI, did them both solo, WKCI took me longer but climbing Vellgander and defeating Madoras in WKCII required more effort, skill wise.

3 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Didn't read all the discussion, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ for PSVita deserves to be on this list imho, PSVita controls make things even harder.

Also White Knight Chronicles II has the Soul Of Evil Trophy that makes it harder than WKCI, did them both solo, WKCI took me longer but climbing Vellgander and defeating Madoras in WKCII required more effort, skill wise.

I see, thanks for that and will add those listed.

• Like 2

For me personally SH 2 HD from the SH HD collection on ps3 wasn't that hard but people say it's a 9/10 because of the Who needs a gun? trophy. I would rate it as a 6 or maybe 7/10.

If you put Hollow Knight on this list you could also put Celeste in it. Hollow Knight have an invincible exploit and Celeste an assist mode. without both of these both games would be a 9/10. maybe you can write it in brackets? It's up to you.

The Evil Within with 9/10 is also overrated imo. Akumu isn't that hard but it's up to you.

I heard FUTURIDIUM EP DELUXE (100%) is also hard. Can't confirm it tho because I never played it.

I would delete Lost Planet 2, because the leaderboards are hacked and it's not normally possible of being 1st in the leaderboards or whatever the requirement was.

Other than that great list. Thanks @Shadow-30031989

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

7 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

If you put Hollow Knight on this list you could also put Celeste in it. Hollow Knight have an invincible exploit and Celeste an assist mode. without both of these both games would be a 9/10. maybe you can write it in brackets? It's up to you.

I've done both HK without the glitch, and Celeste without assist mode, imo they're not even close to being the same difficulty.

HK's 9/10 difficulty entirely comes from Pantheon 5, where you have to defeat over 40 bosses in a row without dying, which on average takes over 45 minutes. A lot of these bosses are very difficult and require a lot of practice to beat consistently, especially near the end where you have Markoth, Zote, NKG, Pure Vessel, and Absolute Radiance.

Meanwhile in Celeste the hardest thing you have to do is the final room in levels 7C and 8C. No crazy boss rushes, or speedruns, or anything like that. You just have to beat a few difficult rooms that are about a minute long. Celeste's a 7/10 imo, and it would only deserve to be on this list if you had to do the golden strawberries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disaster500 said:

I've done both HK without the glitch, and Celeste without assist mode, imo they're not even close to being the same difficulty.

HK's 9/10 difficulty entirely comes from Pantheon 5, where you have to defeat over 40 bosses in a row without dying, which on average takes over 45 minutes. A lot of these bosses are very difficult and require a lot of practice to beat consistently, especially near the end where you have Markoth, Zote, NKG, Pure Vessel, and Absolute Radiance.

Meanwhile in Celeste the hardest thing you have to do is the final room in levels 7C and 8C. No crazy boss rushes, or speedruns, or anything like that. You just have to beat a few difficult rooms that are about a minute long. Celeste's a 7/10 imo, and it would only deserve to be on this list if you had to do the golden strawberries.

Hm, okay, I am sure Celeste can be something that can be discussed further. As for Hollow Knight, I am sure the people whom have completed the game would agree with your statement.

So here is the list as of now to avoid countless post: 

I am still filtering through everything so not all will be listed; furthermore, as for the OP, I will need to go through it and see what sticks out the most and (or) put them in the correct spot, unless they are still adding games? Some games that crossed my mind on the list seem to be heavy on the Multiplayer side, while others are a hybrid of both Single and Multiplayer; however, to prevent arguments between some, multiplayer games may be listed, if achievable as of 2023. Games with server closures in the main list just seems misleading to anyone who want to attempt, "said", :platinum:/100%, unless they earned the online trophies prior to closure. Lastly, comments, reasons you (or others) back-up a game for its difficulty gives me a better idea on whether or not to keep (or remove) games from the list.

22 hours ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I scrolled through everyone's responses and was surprised I didn't see anyone mention 

"Scene It! Bright Lights! Big Screen!" For PS3. (I might have missed it if someone mentioned it)

This I second. Faster Than Light is no joke...

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:58 AM, Ptirle said:

From my experience:

Badlands

Dyad

Injustice Gods Among Us

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo Sports

3D Dot Game Heroes

Superhot VR

Max Payne 3

Super Meat Boy

Wipeout HD

Wipeout 2048

Armored Core Verdict Day

Catherine

Battle Fantasia

Outlast 2

Vanquish

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE

Mother Russia Bleeds

Downwell

Wolfenstein 2

Lumo

CRASH BANDICOOT 4: IT'S ABOUT TIME

I am looking into a few of these - so if you've noticed that some are not listed, then do not worry. 

On 9/20/2023 at 10:48 PM, duncanmcleod said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about Call of Duty : World at War. For that Veteran run alone it deserves to be included !

On 9/19/2023 at 11:38 PM, SoapMacTavish222 said:

But if it wasn't. It probably wasn't mentioned because it wasn't a super popular game but it's honestly one of the most difficult games I have done. It's mainly because of 3 trophies but I struggled quite a bit with it. 

The three trophies are "Faster than Light" (Score 500,000 points in a rapid fire game)

"Spotless Performance" (get every single question correct in a long game) and "Lead Role" (Score 400,000 points in a long game)

I worked in a movie store for almost 10 years so I already had a pretty solid foundation of movie knowledge. That being said the game rotates through a ridiculous amount of questions that is impossible to memorize them all. You can't pause the game to look up an answer because the timer keeps going. 

At one point there was a guide floating around for it. I think it's even still on the page but I ran into at least 200+ questions not in the guide. It was almost like the game knew when you were on a hot streak and was like "Tough shit, here's something you probably don't know, good luck!" 😂

Only one trophy left for me and it's not even a difficult one. I wanted to take care of all the hard ones first. Will be so happy to be finished with it.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:43 PM, StandardOvation said:

I'd definitely throw Mighty No. 9 in there. Imo it's around 8-9/10 in terms of difficulty.

These suggestions have been added to the list post. Thanks. 

• Like 1