Hardest platinum trophies EVER list

Shadow-30031989

Diablo 2 deserves a mention. Battlefield: Bad Company (will be unobtainable on December), Ninja Gaiden Σ2, Persona 4 Arena, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Outlast 2, Elder Scrolls Online, Tetris Effect are some missing from the top post.

Gran Turismo 5 , some of the Guitar Hero games like Metallica, Van Halen, Hits etc., Lost Planet 2, most NBA 2K games, Fight Night Round 4, Tom Clancy's Endwar would have made the list if they were obtainable.

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

It's not as rare as a lot of games mentioned, but I would add Call of Duty World at War. I haven't played Black Ops 3 and 4 so I can't personally compare to them. 

I did WaW and it was brutal. In my opinion it was the hardest CoD there was when it comes to campaign. Many say that BO3 was harder, but I don't agree. I'll add WaW

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadow-30031989 said:

Hello there 

Recently I wanted to aim at the hardest games there are when it comes to trophies and I've been searching for a list of hardest games and could not find any. I know I'm a masochist when it comes to gaming xD So I know that once in a while, I'll try and finish a hard game (my wife hates me then xD ) and that's why I'm making this topic to make a list of:

The hardest platinum trophies EVER 

In alphabetical order

Call of Duty Black Ops III 

Call of Duty Black Ops 4

Crash Bandicoot 4 

Crypt of the Necrodancer 

Deadbolt 

Hollow Knight 

I am Bread 

Jump King 

N++

Splasher 

Super Meat Boy 

Super Meat Boy Forever 

Surgeon Simulator

The Binding of Isaac 

The End of Nigh 

Trials Rising 

Wolfenstein 2

Other hard 100% without platinums:

Djmax Respect

Star Wars Pinball

Verlet Swing

Please help me make this list bigger :D

I'll edit this list with your propositions.

Those games must have all of the trophies available. Please don't send me game titles with closed servers where there are online trophies, or glithed trophies that are not repaired.

Black ops 3 is not a hard platinum. I platinum this game on my other account. White-knight-914.

Edited by Remain-Vigilant

51 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I’d add Marvel Pinball and Pinball FX3 to your 100%’s.  I think they are both still attainable.  I know Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade are not if don’t already own the tables.  

I’d also add Fight Night Round 4 and Fight Night Champion to your platinum list.  I think the servers are up for both, they definitely are for Champion.  There are probably some other good sports game choices that still have active servers as well.  

• Like 1

The only COD that deserves to be on this list is BO4, mainly because of Blackout. BO3 is not that hard, especially considering that you can play the campaign with friends, and if you're planning on adding World at War, you should also add COD Classic, because the campaign is much harder imo.

17 minutes ago, Remain-Vigilant said:

Deep rock galactic is a very time consuming game to platinum, it took me 400 hours to platinum and 100%.

That's true, but it's not hard.

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 2

This list is formed simultaneously taking into account two parameters: the difficulty score from players who own the game and the percentage of the rarest trophy in the game. That's why there are no pop souls games with high difficulty ratings, but every third player wins platinum. Nor will there be just long games a la Black Ops 3, which have a small percentage of rarity but a slightly above average difficulty rating. Only really difficult games, complites in which a minimum percentage of players knock out. Also, there are no games with unattainable trophies on the list.

What do you think?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

The only COD that deserves to be on this list is BO4, mainly because of Blackout. BO3 is not that hard, especially considering that you can play the campaign with friends, and if you're planning on adding World at War, you should also add COD Classic, because the campaign is much harder imo.

That's true, but it's not hard.

I forgot about COD Classic. I never did the veteran play through. I have heard many saying it was difficult. Mainly because of not having regenerating health and checkpoints depending on your health, if I am not mistaken.

I remember the days where people did say Dead Space 2 was insanely hard. Or both White Knight Chronicles (Though i personally found them to be more of a long grind rather than really hard.)

Something for the list:

Vanquish

Catherine

Devil May Cry 5

Something i'm not sure about if it counts:

Deception 4 The Nightmare Princess

Though because of my video guide it's quite easy to plat it. But without using my video guide this game sure is rather hard trying to figure out getting S ranks on everything.

Edited by Tosmasta00
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I forgot about COD Classic. I never did the veteran play through. I have heard many saying it was difficult. Mainly because of not having regenerating health and checkpoints depending on your health, if I am not mistaken.

Yep it's the hardest CoD veteran imo .. even harder than the infamous W@W.

1 minute ago, Tosmasta00 said:

I remember the days where people did say Dead Space 2 was insanely hard.  

It was challenging, indeed, because of the hardcore mode with only 3 saves given. Still it was like a 7/10 plat maybe 8 max. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kinnswaget said:

This list is formed simultaneously taking into account two parameters: the difficulty score from players who own the game and the percentage of the rarest trophy in the game. That's why there are no pop souls games with high difficulty ratings, but every third player wins platinum. Nor will there be just long games a la Black Ops 3, which have a small percentage of rarity but a slightly above average difficulty rating. Only really difficult games, complites in which a minimum percentage of players knock out. Also, there are no games with unattainable trophies on the list.

What do you think?

I won’t speak out of turn about any of the games I’m not personally familiar with, but I will comment on one:

Puyo Puyo Tetris seems an odd one to include on that list.

Tetris Effect and Lumines Remastered both fit on there, I agree, as they require genuine mastery of the mechanics to get the full trophy list done…

…but as I recall, Puyo Puyo Tetris is a pretty easy-breezy affair, that is only made rare by a grind for puyo-pops.

TBH, you don’t actually need to be particularly competent at either Tetris, or Puyo Puyo to get that one - you just need to be patient and like playing it!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

i know of 5 plats that is very hard i only own 2 of the 5 plats but are working on the others.

Dmc4

3D Dot Game Heroes

Far Cry 2

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Ninja Gaiden 2

I will say that I have others I got done like wolfenstein 2 but i feel it is not a fun game and it is poorly made same can be said about Kingdom Come but that is mostly tied to the fact if you own the royal edition your forced to do all the major dlcs even if you don't want to. Your better off if your going for that plat to just get the normal game and do the base game then think about if you want to suffer more. The part that can easily turn you off is mostly the shitty realism it adds to the game as in money has weight. you have to keep cleaning yourself and clothes and fixing things and yeah it becomes a chore. My best advice on this is use the dup glitch to make money easy for yourself so you can make some of the problems easier to deal with and to buy the save drinks as this game uses owned beds and save drinks as means to save the game. you might want to do grinding in the start of the game before the main game starts as that is the best time to make a kind of master save that you can go back to if you feel your ready to do another playthrough of the game. 

As for 3d dot. Reason I bring that up is mostly due to the fact it can be annoying the side missions that fail easily and cheating the splonker mode with the running into a wall to be unkillable for a time is an ok idea but it falls apart when your doing the boss rush as sometimes you won't have any walls to run into or there is too many things happening at once to stop you. My best advice is becareful and use try and get a US copy of the game so you can get the patch that lets you carry over on other playthroughs your King Block swords such as Excalibur as doing it all in one playthrough is a real pain in the ass more so if you mess up one little thing.

DMC4 (Devil May Cry 4) reason that is there is mostly tied to the fact you have to do alot of things that can be annoying to do, mostly the orbs rank and the hell and hell mode will be the most annoying part of the whole game for you as you die in one hit but the enemies don't and are set to dante must die mode. The only mode you can relax on is mostly heaven and hell and normal and hard mode but even then if your too good at the game mostly for chapter one you might fail alot at getting the S rank needed for the mission. Your best bet for this game is just use Lady and Trish as they are the best for mostly all modes. But bear in mind you will need to use all characters so get used to switching alot.

Far Cry 2 takes a spot due to the fact your going to suffer online trophies that can mess up and the grind is very very boring the single player is another story of it own. The game can bug out and mess with you it is why am making back up saves alot for it and trying to do a main save for myself in terms of getting all the collectables in one go then doing the faction missions but making sure i make a save before i do any mission to save myself time to having to do another playthrough. The odds are stacked in the games court and you have to bash your head on that wall till it finally breaks abit to make any real dent.

Lastly Ninja Gaiden 2 is the one that I feel is a real pain due to the online and lastly the main game as well. as you need to do all collectables in one go and then do another lot in another run in another mode. it is like a stack of things on things in this game. The online is annoying and one of the major problems but the game itself can also be another and be warned. if you end up with unlimited load screens like me then you might need to remove your settings save but be warned that it will also remove your set of controls and other things you messed with and can mess with your stats on weapon kills and so on. it is much like far cry 2. For what I plan to do is mostly use the online mode/ missions to grind out the weapons kills as I done most of all kills needed but it is a slow slog and pain in the ass.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

I would add GTA V platinum to all the ones people said in the replies

Why? The platinum itself is not hard to get. Time consuming maybe, but with sufficient guides it's not very difficult. There's no high level skill required like top tier racing or rhytm games.

You must mean 100% completion, so including the masterminds trophy.

There's quite a few games being suggested here that are only moderately difficult, and some not even difficult at all, just a little time consuming.

As far as really hard games, there's only 2 that I've personally earned the Platinum that I would consider actually difficult (and plenty of others out there I've never attempted, so I can't comment on them).  I have a lot of Plats that looked hard on the surface, but in the end they were only a little challenging or simply a long grind and not actually difficult.  As for the two I'm referring to, only 1 is still possible to Platinum, the other has at least one unattainable trophy.  Those two games are Gran Turismo 5 and Sports Champions.

GT 5 is unattainable, but man that one was a challenge.  Yes, it had a grind, but it had numerous races that made my eyes bleed playing them for hours upon hours on end just to complete them.  There's a reason this Plat is only 0.55% on a trophy hunting website, lol.

Sports Champions isn't quite as hard as GT 5, but it is still very hard.  Couple that with the fact you have to use the PS3 camera and move controllers (which are anything but precise) and play against AI in the Gold and Champion cups that are infallible and it makes this Platinum insanely frustrating at times.  Unless you have absolutely mastered using move controllers on PS3, this game will give you nightmares.  Even if you have mastered it, it may still break you.  Also keep in mind that it's not just the difficulty of the trophies and different cups that you need to consider, it's the fact that you can't just sit in a comfy chair and press buttons on a DS3.  You have to stand and move your body constantly.  You will sweat... a LOT.  You will finish a long gaming session, barely making any progress towards your Plat, and there will be a pool-sized puddle on the floor where you were standing and your clothes will be soaked through and you'll need a shower.  But, if you have a PS3 and an Eye and 1-2 move controllers, and want both a mental and physical gaming challenge, then give this one a try.  It will be loads of fun in the beginning during the bronze and silver cups.  After that, the challenge begins.

• Like 1

how about:

The Evil Within.

Cuz akumu mode, is, literally, evil.

(But I still had a blast playing/beating it)

Guide on here says 9/10 difficulty. Does that count or are you talking 10/10s only? 

Some people here are mentioning games I really dont think are difficult at all, like 5/10 difficulty max.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I am just going to leave this here;

https://psnprofiles.com/series/328-evangelion

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh...

As much as I'd like to call these actually hard (with exception to 激アツ!! パチゲー魂MAX; that one's genuinely easy in every sense of the word), they're moreso soul-sucking RNG grinds than anything. Probably worse than any other grind out there in the case of Volume 2 since you can't just leave the game running in 13-hour spurts like you can with Volume 1, but still lacking in actual skill-based difficulty. I will say that they're definitely memorable plats in their own right and they will leave you with something hardly anyone else can lay claim to if you want a unique profile, though. Admittedly, I probably think about my Volume 1 plat more than pretty much any other plat I've gotten. :lol:

As far as contributions, I'd say Superbeat Xonic would warrant a spot here. While it's at least a bit overrated in general (mainly due to people who've barely even tried to get good at it just automatically giving it a 10), it's still a solidly difficult rhythm plat (probably the hardest rhythm plat on Vita aside from the cross-platform Crypt, its only real competition being a JP-exclusive touch rhythm game that I can't comment on) and it's definitely one to be proud of. I'd argue the Vita version is slightly harder than PS4, though either version is a solid contender for the list.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1