Hardest platinum trophies EVER list

Shadow-30031989

Just now, Azure Kite said:

1 thing to also keep in my mind that people often have multiple accounts. 

Or they also play games on other systems. 

I don't have super meat boy on my profile but I have played it extensively on another account and also on pc. 

It's also possible to understand a games difficulty through research, videos ect. 

I've never played devil may cry 5, but I know it's a ridiculously hard plat. 

I also know WHY it's such a difficult plat without having ever played it. 

I know this to be true in theory I'm just coming from an angle of fairness sure I can give SMB a 9 or 10 but I don't think that's totally fair when I haven't spent time or enough time to garner a qualified opinion sort of from the horse's mouth. (I never played a single second of SMB fyi)

Difficulty is always subjective because we all have different skills. Someone who is mediocre at fighting games would give them a higher difficulty rating than someone who is a pro. They may be a FPS pro though and give Mein Leben a lower difficulty. 

People that write guides usually give a lower difficulty than said game garners because they've put in more hours than the average person would. 

In the end, everyone has their own take on what is difficult to them and what is not. I've played 4/10s and felt that it's way harder whilst also doing 8/10s with little to no problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Difficulty is always subjective because we all have different skills. Someone who is mediocre at fighting games would give them a higher difficulty rating than someone who is a pro. They may be a FPS pro though and give Mein Leben a lower difficulty. 

People that write guides usually give a lower difficulty than said game garners because they've put in more hours than the average person would. 

In the end, everyone has their own take on what is difficult to them and what is not. I've played 4/10s and felt that it's way harder whilst also doing 8/10s with little to no problem. 

All I would be asking if it were up for debate is play the game, invest the time in the game instead of just going 10,10,Ten out 10 because of some general consensus is what the game is sainted to be in difficulty. I really liked the poll system on PST.ORG it encourages players to put in a substantial amount of time before voting instead of just parrotting what the "masses" preach. 😊

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

1 thing to also keep in my mind that people often have multiple accounts. 

Or they also play games on other systems. 

I don't have super meat boy on my profile but I have played it extensively on another account and also on pc. 

It's also possible to understand a games difficulty through research, videos ect. 

I've never played devil may cry 5, but I know it's a ridiculously hard plat. 

I also know WHY it's such a difficult plat without having ever played it. 

Yup.

I was mainly a PC player before 2018. I've played a lot of other games on PC, and still do, every once in a while. I've also bought some of them again on PS, if I found them enjoyable and the Platinum/completion experience wasn't particularly annoying.

4 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Wolfenstein 2 has a very high skill requirement. Kingdom Come Deliverance has a basic literacy requirement. As long as you can actually read the trophy guide and follow the instructions, you can get the platinum. And no, you are not forced to do the DLC in order to get the platinum, regardless of the edition you own.

I hate to come off like an a hole but I have no clue how you can say that KCD does not force you to do the dlc. it does, if you have the royal edition you have to do the mission for sir hans or else he won't spawn at the place near the camp to end the game. your basically gated. Also, back on the topic of wolfenstein 2 what is not to say someone can just look up a guide? it is not really a so called high skill required if by your logic just having to practices levels over and over again on i am death is a high skill level. Then, dodging the lighting bolts in ff10 or even the skip rope from ff9 would be seen as the same level of high skill level needed.

I said my part and I think ranting on and on will just be a waste if you feel am wrong so be it but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to kingdom come. Epilogue | Kingdom Come: Deliverance Wiki | Fandom this link shows that you can't finish kingdom come without beating the dlc it happen to me and can to others it is why i say get the base game then wasting your time with dlc and so on.

• Like 2

Crypt of the Necrodancer:  There is only 17 people with the platinum on this site

also keep in mind that this in on the vita so its that low (0.06%) despite people being able to hack trophies for it

Edit: other games like SMB can be beaten by ramming your head against the wall until it happens to work but you need to above average at rhythm games to even play crypt 

Edited by SpaceIsDandy

13 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I hate to come off like an a hole but I have no clue how you can say that KCD does not force you to do the dlc. it does, if you have the royal edition you have to do the mission for sir hans or else he won't spawn at the place near the camp to end the game. your basically gated. Also, back on the topic of wolfenstein 2 what is not to say someone can just look up a guide? it is not really a so called high skill required if by your logic just having to practices levels over and over again on i am death is a high skill level. Then, dodging the lighting bolts in ff10 or even the skip rope from ff9 would be seen as the same level of high skill level needed.

I said my part and I think ranting on and on will just be a waste if you feel am wrong so be it but the proof is in the pudding when it comes to kingdom come. Epilogue | Kingdom Come: Deliverance Wiki | Fandom this link shows that you can't finish kingdom come without beating the dlc it happen to me and can to others it is why i say get the base game then wasting your time with dlc and so on.

Shit, you're totally right about the Amorous Adventures, I'm sorry. It actually annoyed me a bit having to it again on my Hardcore playthrough, but I think it's one of the best parts of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iker_01 said:

Shit, you're totally right about the Amorous Adventures, I'm sorry. It actually annoyed me a bit having to it again on my Hardcore playthrough, but I think it's one of the best parts of the game.

As I said before that is your take. I hardly see people sitting there and grinding hours of KCD. it is not worth it at all in my book it is why it is a very hard to plat game as you have to spend alot of hours doing the same things over and over again it is on the same level as far cry 2 with how boring the grind is and thanks to how buggy the game can be it can easily break missions such as the one with the priests and so on. even if a guide says it is 5 out of 10 in how hard it is that is how it is for the maker and plus alot of guides are not the best i mean take white day as a good example. the guide explains how to do all the endings but none of the puzzles other than a single video that shows how they done one or two of the puzzles if your trying to do a speedrun on other modes. 

but as i said before i said my part here and am rambling. am leaving it here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

I would put vanquish up there. 

The game itself isn't hard, but the challenge mode is what stops alot of people dead in their tracks. 

Even with the grenade exploit its not easy. 

Done this platinum myself. 

Whilst yes it is difficult, Psychotic difficulties perma death is kinda made redundant with the ability to upload your save to the cloud after completing each level. 

If you die, then you just download your save and try the level again. 

I know, but I wanted to to do it without save scum and did it. It was really pain in the ass but it was worth it.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:03 PM, Picek said:

I know, but I wanted to to do it without save scum and did it. It was really pain in the ass but it was worth it.

Props to you if you did it in 1 run. 

But the save scumming does indeed make it relatively trivial. 

Edited by Azure Kite

Tetris Ultimate is a ball breaking non-plat 100% that is still possible to finish all the way through. 

I'd say Cloudberry Kingdom is the hardest non-plat, 100%, platformer. It's probably Crypt difficult, just without a plat.

I've seen people voting to remove Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. I'd like to vote it off the island as well.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome

4 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Yup.

I was mainly a PC player before 2018. I've played a lot of other games on PC, and still do, every once in a while. I've also bought some of them again on PS, if I found them enjoyable and the Platinum/completion experience wasn't particularly annoying.

Same, PC experience is invaluable for me.

I am for some reason the #3 fastest achiever on Baldur's Gate (1 day 13 hours) without trying, and I even had a good night's sleep while going for the plat lol. I was able to do this because I played through this game every year on PC since I was 12. I could theoretically set up an alt account, take out a free day, drink a lot of coffee and do it in like 12-18 hours. 

I also blasted through Outcast: Second Contact without effort and I even wrote a guide.

Is White Knight Chronicles just a grind?  I don't really understand this one, so would like to know more.

Cloudberry Kingdom should definitely be on the list, even though its not a plat.

The hardest games I've played excluding prior to Trophies are:

When Vikings Attack!

Fat Princess

Pain

Cuphead

#KillAllZombies

Fortnite - just grindy, took 2000 hours to complete (I honestly think a person could learn and practice, and plat Crypt in less hours than it takes to finish this grind)

Xposed Reloaded and Qbert Rebooted

All of my suggestions are debatable I'm sure, just saying.

Payday the Heist I think should be considered to, since it requires a full team that knows what they are doing for multiple trophies.  Its hard as hell even with the Bag Glitch, Easy Street being the hardest trophy.

Edited by LegendExeter

8 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Payday the Heist I think should be considered to, since it requires a full team that knows what they are doing for multiple trophies.  Its hard as hell even with the Bag Glitch, Easy Street being the hardest trophy.

Several trophies can be earned with the bots and a few with no bots. 

The trophies that need to be obtained with other people are:

Left for dead

Noob herder

No photos

Easy street

Don't lose face

Technically you can earn "Don't lose face" with your AI crew but is way too easy for the AIs to get down during the heist. This was the only heist from the main six ones that I couldn't complete with the AI on Overkill. I heard/read there is also possible to earn "Easy street" solo with no AI but I think that is only possible for very seasoned masochists, just stick to co-op for this one since it's way easier and faster.

From the DLC the ones that require to be done with other people are:

Crowd control

Quickhands

Blow-out

Pacifist

According to some people "Blow-out" can also be achieved solo with no bots but I couldn't pull that off. "Pacifist" can be earned self-boosting with 2 PS3s playing with no bots on each console as far as I know.

Returning to the topic, Crypt of the Necrodancer takes the crown when ot comes to the most challenging/hardest platinum.

Added a few new ones.

Evil Within (Nightmare one shot mode)

Cuphead

Crash team racing

Beat saber

GTA IV

GTA V

Red dead redemption

Red dead redemption II

Atari flashbacks vol. 2

Spelucky 2 (first one has no platinum)

Battle fantasia

Earth defense force 2025

Time crisis raising storm

The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (SMB creators)

The Binding of Issac: Repentance (SMB creators)

Bleed 2 (somewhat harder than the first game)

Edited by Kimura Takahashi

What is hard for me is putting up with the frustration that is multiplayer trophies, this is the hardest lol. But I don't mind a challenge if it is reasonable, if it borders on bullshit most time I will drop it. People will be different but for me I find it hard not too get bored for big long grinds.

Edited by ElektrickRage

Without defining what the "hardest" means, you will get submissions from people each having their own definition of the word. What does the OP consider the "hardest"? Because I'd say there are at least a few different criteria:

• Hardest as in "takes excessive/absurd amount of time to finish" but may not be require too much skill?
  • Hardest as in "takes exceptional skill" but can also be fairly short?
  • Hardest as in "depends heavily on RNG" but also doesn't need anything else to get the platinum?
  • Hardest as in "has inordinate amount of multiplayer trophies/is fully multiplayer"?
  • Hardest as in "one trophy being extremely frustrating to get" and the rest of the list is manageable?
  • Hardest because it is a combination of two or more of the above?
  • (Any other criterion I may have forgotten)

Most of the time, I see people submitting hardest platinums from one of the categories above but if OP wants to chime in and specify what they're interested in, it would help narrow the list down. Or alternatively, when submitting a candidate, everyone can specify where the platinum falls, I would be really interested to know myself.

• Like 2

Key

Bolded = Updated description

Added = New

(List Updated - 9/22/2023)

Difficult Games:

• The Guided Fate Paradox -> Complex and requires a huge learning curve to actually understand the game.
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ (Vita) - Controls make the game very difficult along w/missions (trials) and Master Ninja ranking everything. 
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) -> due to needing a co-op partner to either twirl or be as good or better/double Ryu; Master Ninja main story/ CC Story, etc.
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3) -> Base game ultimate ninja / trials/ DLC trials 
  • Aliens vs Predator
  • Fortnite 
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • Call of Duty: World At War -> Campaign on Veteran; Zombies; Multiplayer. 
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -> Zombies; Multiplayer (?).
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (PS3/PS4) -> Base game on PS3 UN can use the Scrub Glitch, but the exploit was fixed on PS4. Trials can be a pain in the ass on PS3/PS4.
  • Mighty No.9
  • Scene It! Bright Lights! Big Screen!
  • The Evil Within -> subjective, but figured it should be mentioned. Akumu mode is the :platinum: breaker and the 100% is not exactly easy.
  • Catherine/Catherine Full body -> @LuckySlime knows their way around the game(s) and I used their judgement in the past, so, up for discussion.
  • Battlefantasia -> Just because.
  • 3D Game Dot Heroes -> Fun game, really fun, but the mini-games are/were absolute gutter trash and are required for obtaining all the swords. 
  • Raiden 4 Overkill -> I think we all know why this is listed.
  • Persona 4 Arena (Vanilla) -> Score Attack w/all characters + all character challenges.
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Someone fill the gap here, idk, but have heard it is difficult without the DLC which was delisted to make the challenges easier.
  • Payday: The Heist
  • Dead By Daylight (PS4/PS5)
  • Fight'N Rage (PS5)
  • Leap (PS5)
  • Mr. Run and Jump (PS5)
  • Virgo Versus the Zodiac (PS5)
  • Fantavision 202x (PS5)
  • Kombinera (PS5)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS5)
  • Nightmare Reaper (PS5)
  • Ed-0 Zombie Uprising (PS5)
  • Exodemon (PS5)
  • DNF Duel (PS5)
  • Beat Saber (PS5)
  • Deception 4: Blood Ties -> A little bit of everything; story, mission mode, Daemon Requests (highly missable), killing targets, knocking all the armor off, etc.
  • Deception 4: The Nightmare Princess -> S ranks.
  • Vanquish -> Hit or miss; varies person-to-person; personally, I do not think so, but others disagree so I will leave it to avoid an uproar.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence -> VR missions/DLC VR missions, S-ranking (the game), no damage boss battles (Monsoon sucks).
  • King of Fighters XIII -> Everything, presumedly. 
  • Dead or Alive 5 (PS3) -> Survival, bby.
  • (Ultimate) Super Street Fighter 4 - Titles, online, the whole nine yards.
  • Jotun -> Not 100% sure, but possibly everything. Up for discussion. 
  • Transformers Devestation -> Cannot say; may need some clarification here or if it warrants being on the list.
  • Dead Space 2 -> Hardcore mode mainly; however, not sure if that is enough to warrant being on the list.
  • Hollow Knight -> Pantheon mainly, but God Mode makes it subjective, and easier to do.
  • Crypt of the Necrodancer -> Everything (sigh). 
  • Cloudberry Kingdom -> Everything.
  • White Knight Chronicles -> Time consuming/takes even longer now to obtain due to no server access.
  • White Knight Chronicles 2 -> Soul of Evil trophy is difficult, mainly due to having to do it solo.
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition - Dark Knight mode/Living Legend/Bloody Palace
  • Devil May Cry 5 -> Living Legend (s rank every stage)
  • Devil May Cry 4 -> Practically everything, numerous play-throughs.
  • Armored Core 6: Flames of Rubicon -> (the first boss - anyways, kidding aside) - S ranks missions.
  • Wolfenstein 2: The Old Colossus -> Mein Lebin difficulty for the Main game/DLC(s). That is about it.
  • LocoRoco 2 -> In short, you will basically want to pull your hair out and there is a reason one gold trophy, in-particular, is "pure hell", according to the guide writer.
  • Super Meat Boy (PS4) -> Dark/Light Worlds, No death run, etc.
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time -> Trials/excessive runs, all relics, etc. Will leave it at that. 
  • Tetris Ultimate -> @Kittens Are Awesome says it is "ball-breaking" so, everything, I suppose. Hope you have a lot of time & like RNG!
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm -> Everyone seems to know why, so, everything. A lot of MP.
  • The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (SMB creators) -> RNG, everything. It is a mess.
  • The Binding of Issac: Repentance (SMB creators) -> RNG, everything. It is a mess.
  • Mr. Driller Drill Land
  • Super Hiking League DX
  • Fenix Furia
  • Okunoka Madness
  • The Bit. Trip
  • A Pixel Story
  • Wuppo
  • Rabi-Ribi
  • Butcher
  • Might No. 9
  • Doom (original)
  • Doom II (original)
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Shiren The Wanderer
  • Lumo
  • Downwell
  • Outlast 2
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Badlands
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC
  • Kane and Lynch 2
  • Megaman Legacy Collection 1
  • Muramasa Rebirth

Bare in mind not all games will be listed as most of this is coming from memory, so any details on what the game is/what makes the game's :platinum: (and) or 100% difficult to achieve, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Games that were not added due to server shutdown (but still difficult)

Bare in mind the list below was made to separate the games that are still in-fact hard, but the :platinum:/100% can no longer be achieved, unless the MP trophies were earned prior to sever closure.

Games

• Mortal Kombat - Servers no longer active
  • Fight Night Champion - Servers no longer active
  • Fight Night Round 4 - Servers no longer active
  • Gran Turismo 5 - Servers no longer active
  • Lost Planet 2 - Servers no longer active
  • Tom Clancy's End War - Servers no longer active
  • Wipeout HD (PS3) - Servers no longer active
  • Max Payne 3 - Servers no longer active
  • Killzone 2

Games that are up for discussion:

This list are for the games that either are on the list or can be removed due to grinds, or games the community thinks is a "hit-or miss" in terms of difficulty; that being the case, it boils down to the community as a whole whether or not it maintains a spot on the actual list or needs to be removed entirely.

Games

• White Knight Chronicles
  • When Vikings Attack!
  • Fat Princess
  • Dyad (heard mixed things)
  • Bit.Trip Complete (will need more information)
  • Pain
  • Celeste
  • Cuphead
  • #KillAllZombies
  • Fortnite 
  • Xposed Reloaded
  • Qbert Rebooted
  • Star Ocean IV 
  • Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax
  • Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
  • Read Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • The Evil Within

I will need to go back through this thread at some point and maybe add some more games not listed, or if anyone here feels obliged to help, then I'd really appreciate it and you'd be the real MVP. A lot of the games listed do not have MP or the servers for said MP games have been deader than dead, making the game impossible to :platinum:; anyways, I am going to do some spelunking when able.

Edited by x410xDragon
Added information to pre-existing games; added new row, added game to Up for discussion section.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2023 at 8:52 PM, x410xDragon said:

(Updated List)

Key

Bolded = Updated description

Added = New

List as of this post:

• LocoRoco 2 -> @czDante92 if you can provide some clarification on what makes it hard, then it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Imagine you're playing a platformer, every level is an ice level, you controller doesn't always perform the input as intended and you're supposed to 100% it, that's my experience with LocoRocos. The first one is arguably worse since you have to do both perfect runs and time trials for each level, but I chose 2 for the insanely hard secret level you have to master, keep in mind tho that if you haven't played LocoRoco before it might not seem that hard, but it's the controls that makes you pull your hair out.

LocoRoco 2 have platinum achievement rate of 3 percent and trophy guide gave it an 8/10 for difficulty, so I believe it's not just my subjective opinion.
edit: if you're asking me what to put in your list, the "perfect BuiBui Fort 3 challenge and controls overall" is my answer. To quote guide author Valtekken173, "There's a reason this is a gold trophy. BuiBui Fort 3 is a secret stage you'll have to unlock via the Smudged Maps, and it's pure hell."

Edited by czDante92

On 9/16/2023 at 12:09 AM, Kimura Takahashi said:

Added a few new ones.

Evil Within (Nightmare one shot mode)

Cuphead

Crash team racing

Beat saber

GTA IV

GTA V

Red dead redemption

Red dead redemption II

Atari flashbacks vol. 2

Spelucky 2 (first one has no platinum)

Battle fantasia

Earth defense force 2025

Time crisis raising storm

The Binding of Issac: Rebirth (SMB creators)

The Binding of Issac: Repentance (SMB creators)

Bleed 2 (somewhat harder than the first game)

How? RDR and RDR2 are piss easy. Same with GTA 5. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Imagine you're playing a platformer, every level is an ice level, you controller doesn't always perform the input as intended and you're supposed to 100% it, that's my experience with LocoRocos. The first one is arguably worse since you have to do both perfect runs and time trials for each level, but I chose 2 for the insanely hard secret level you have to master, keep in mind tho that if you haven't played LocoRoco before it might not seem that hard, but it's the controls that makes you tear your hair off.

LocoRoco 2 have platinum achievement rate of 3 percent and trophy guide gave it an 8/10 for difficulty, so I believe it's not just my subjective opinion.
edit: if you're asking me what to put in your list, the "perfect BuiBui Fort 3 challenge and controls overall" is my answer. To quote guide author Valtekken173, "There's a reason this is a gold trophy. BuiBui Fort 3 is a secret stage you'll have to unlock via the Smudged Maps, and it's pure hell."

Ah okay - thanks for that. I'll add in the pure Hell reference to, thanks!

Added some new ones.

Mr. Driller Drill Land

Super Hiking League DX

Fenix Furia

Okunoka Madness

The Bit. Trip

A Pixel Story

Wuppo

Rabi-Ribi

Butcher

Might No. 9

Doom (original)

Doom II (original)

Mortal Kombat 9 (Servers offline)

Mortal Kombat X

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, Shadow-30031989 said:

Those games must have all of the trophies available. Please don't send me game titles with closed servers where there are online trophies, or glitched trophies that are not repaired.

Fight Night Champion, Fight Night Round 4, Gran Turismo 5, Lost Planet 2, Tom Clancy's End War, and Wipeout HD are all unobtainable now, unless the person got the online trophies while those games servers were online. 

• Like 1