sony has allegedly been hacked

fenrir54565

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

i think i have 3 or 4. lol never use them though 

Yeah I have like 3 or 4 alts...I made them in the PS3 days when I thought it was going to be a bigger deal to have to get certain games from other regions. Yeahhhhh...that didn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I have like 3 or 4 alts...I made them in the PS3 days when I thought it was going to be a bigger deal to have to get certain games from other regions. Yeahhhhh...that didn't happen. 

haha yeah exactly. Or to get certain games early, but ultimately didn't amount to anything

Seems more like made up PR talk to direct customers to their shady business than an actual hack. The way they show a file tree instead of actual data indicates that our acounts are probably safe.

But having said that, even a very large database can be made up of only a couple of files. So them supposedly having 'only 6.000 files' is not really an indication of the impact of the hack they claim.

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Rookie numbers XD

I have 3-400 alt accounts (seriously screw LBP's heart trophies), though I have no idea where I have the login details stored XD

4 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

So this was the final coffin nail for Jimbo. His retirement in march 2024 is official. 

Good riddance to bad rubbish, his reign has been nothing short of a disaster from beginning to end 🤬. I just hope his replacement has more sense.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish, his reign has been nothing short of a disaster from beginning to end 🤬. I just hope his replacement has more sense.

Was it? Seemed pretty successful to me.

12 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

So this was the final coffin nail for Jimbo. His retirement in march 2024 is official. 

Doubt that had anything to do with it. At His age retirement wasn’t far anyway. 

• Confused 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:12 PM, Jeanolt said:

This isn't true. Sony stopped the possibility of using our own credit cards for buying games years ago, because the older security systems of the PS3 aren't capable of defending against breachs/hackers anymore. Your only option now is adding money via PS4/PS5 or the mobile app.

Use your head!!

I don't follow your logic here, you appear to assume that the only data of value accesible from a ps3 would be financial. However PS3 is still integrated into the playstation network in a way that you can access personal account data via the console.

I can see how this would be unclear, but what I refer to as a shtdown here is not limited to the playstation store, but a wholesale shutdown or reduction of playstation network integration functionality on these legacy consoles.