Should Sony Do This?

TheDarkKratos

Remember when you last earned a trophy on a game you were trying out for the very first time, only to realize that it wasn't something you wanted on your profile. Now you have those one or two trophies, you're stuck with them forever. Should Sony implement an option where-by you can not only delete trophies off your profile, but also give us the option to disable trophies when first trying/playing a game, so as not to earn them? I'm sure there are many players stuck with games they can't or don't want to finish. Or servers have gone down, and you are unable to complete a game. Since trophy-hunting is a big deal these days, I'm sure Sony could introduce such a feature. I saw someone mention this idea on Reddit about 9 years ago. I think it's a great idea. But naturally, it will never happen. They'd rather add more emo's to DM's🤣

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 2

The problem with that is that it could lead to people getting their trophies deleted by hackers or someone who had access to their PSN. I suppose it's possible for them to put a percentage cap, like 15% for people to still delete it after playing it for a bit. If a delete option for a 100% trophy list is implemented, it would need a verification system of some kind to make sure that it isn't a hacker or malicious action.

Hiding games is Sony answer to this question, I sincerely doubt they will ever do something different, ever since I stopped caring what others might think I started loving my profile way more, happy to not have to look at semi-empty list from games I don't even own anymore.

• Like 1

I think deleting games from a profile would be a good addition for a variety of reasons. So many people just say make an alt account, but that's just a band-aid for the problem. You make an extra account because you know you can't delete it. Being able to do everything from a single account makes the most sense to me.

Having more control over your account is always a better option. That said, I doubt it ever happens.

• Like 1

Trophy deactivation would be awesome.

11 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

The problem with that is that it could lead to people getting their trophies deleted by hackers or someone who had access to their PSN. I suppose it's possible for them to put a percentage cap, like 15% for people to still delete it after playing it for a bit. If a delete option for a 100% trophy list is implemented, it would need a verification system of some kind to make sure that it isn't a hacker or malicious action.

Maybe timed?  You got a few days to delete trophies earned and also passwords, 2 spep verification, etc.

The ability to delete trophies? Then there would be no point to the flagging system 🤦‍♂️ 

Get flagged, just delete the game(s). As with many desired options, only trophy hunters would want this, not any of the mostly casual players who are behind most of the game and console sales.

You could also have a timed trial version/demo for any game you have in where trophies are deactivated. That way you don't need to delete anything or someone able to completely fuck your account over. Would probably be way too much work and require work from actual devs of said games to ever be implemented but I think that's the route to go rather than delete stuff. 

I would say yes, but there would have to be certain restrictions i.e. paid service seeing as it involves messing about with data stored on servers, no more than 10% complete or something else low, limited use over a certain period of time or three times lifetime total per account etc. to help stop people taking complete advantage and messing things up. Sly could probably also write into the site that flags stick even if the reported trophies are deleted so cheaters can't take the piss. It probably won't happen and I can deal with having two games I don't want on my profile anyway and just hiding them.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

but also give us the option to disable trophies when first trying/playing a game, so as not to earn them?

Now there's an idea. I never considered that as a potential option. I could see the uses for people who never play games they can't/don't plan to 100%. Just shut it all off and play it like an old retro game with no achievements. I could get behind this, yeah.

Outright deleting trophies isn't going to happen, though, as the PSN currently stands.

No, no, no, no, & absolutely no.

This topic has already been beat to hell & back with both sides giving their opinions and honestly, the cons just outweigh the pros. If you're that upset about an unfinished game on your profile then just finish it. If you don't want to finish it, then don't finish it. No one is forcing you to. Stop treating trophy hunting like a job instead of a hobby

• Like 1

This comes up every few weeks or so. My stance is that I would not mind having that feature, and I get why people want it even if I likely would not use it myself, but as others mentioned there are downsides and most importantly risks involved that undeniably outweigh the very subjective benefits for pretty much anyone.

Id be open for an option to allow certain trophy lists not to be synced when you first start the game and will keep asking you each time you start the game and allowing those lists to be deleted but once you say yes and allow it to sync its forever on your profile.

• Like 1