Newest update adds Ps4 to Ps5 autopop.

SlimSanta94

1 hour ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Wow never thought I'd see the day. A whole year after release is really annoying though. 

Is the autopop one time? If I go back to PS4 to cleanup will they pop on PS5?

Will PS5 autopop to PS4?

PS5 wont autopop to PS4 i tried it last night and didnt get few dlc trophies for ps4 what i earned on ps5 version

6 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

is it a one time auto pop thing? should i download the ps4 version and try to get 100% or its fine as long as i earn on ps4 it auto pops on ps5?

It isn't one time. I loaded up the PS5 version and it popped all the trophies I had already earned on the PS4 version. I then went to the PS4 version and unlocked 2 of the DLC trophies and they auto popped the next time I went on the PS5 version.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

It isn't one time. I loaded up the PS5 version and it popped all the trophies I had already earned on the PS4 version. I then went to the PS4 version and unlocked 2 of the DLC trophies and they auto popped the next time I went on the PS5 version.

thank you so much for trying this

12 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

thanks for confirming. seems they stopped adding trophies after the last hero as well now

10 hours ago, denullz666 said:

Im wondering if they added PC to PS4/PS5.. anyone tested?

I mainly play OW2 on PC these days, so I unlocked 1 achievement (Soujorn's Taking Charge) which I don't have on PS4.

Just started the PS4 version after the patch, but unfortunately no trophy is popping. :(

Edit: It seems that only the PS5 version is able to autopop from PC, according to another thread.

Edited by da_Heino
  • Like 2

I can confirm that from xbox to play 5 it works🙂.

If anyone is interested, what I did was the following:

-updated both versions
-I opened the game on xbox until I got to the main menu.
-I opened the game in play and being in the main menu, I already had the trophies.

FINALLY, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR A WHOLE YEAR  I had 4 absolute bullcrap trophies where I would have to boost and a glitched play with friend trophy since the game came out finally I woke up my whole apartment building with the yell I let out because of the auto pop I came back to check out the collab but got this I can sleep happy 

As much as it annoys me to have the constant "Upgrade to PS5 version" screen after every match, I'm sticking with the PS4 version for now. Autopop is nice but as it doesn't work both ways, I'd have to do some of the remaining ones twice in order to get both lists full.

And being brutally honest with my gaming skill, I am never going to get even the PS4 list complete. "The Floor Is Lava" is going to evade me for all time. So to have to do it twice is worse to me than having a pop up screen.

Still, if I do switch versions, it's good to know that I won't have to luck through all the trophies I've already earned.

18 hours ago, TuindersBV said:

Can anybody confirm if u now get a trophy on PC, will it also unlock on PS5? 

I mean trophies gotten after the update and I have already popped what I got 

Nvm I misread. I didn't catch the "AFTER THE UPDATE" part.

Yes, it works. I've unlocked most of the newer heroes' achievement on PC (where I play most) and they auto-popped on PS5.

Edited by DragonSpear2462

Well, now’s the time for me to auto-pop the PS5 plat on my brother’s PSN account.

For years since launch he was a dedicated Overwatch: Origins Edition competitive player (so much so that for a few days he was #1 with Orisa in Oceania while that character was new to the game) but he rarely, if at all, touches the game nowadays for a few reasons (though mostly due to his life post-school with work etc.).

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 6:28 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

So apparently the most recent mid-season update for Overwatch 2 has added the ability to autopop the PS5 stack of the game if you have done the Ps4 version previously. I can't confirm it myself but it might be worth checking out!

I accidentally popped it last night without knowing about this update.

Edited by GeorgieBeast

• 2 weeks later...