Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer is out NOW!! - Discussion Thread

Troz

23 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Unless the Lucia parts of the game are completely different than the Jason parts of the game, then your example makes no sense.

I see your point, but this is why I mentioned in my post that I understand the Spider-Man example is about gameplay styles, and not tied to gender representation.

19 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Im so fucking exhausted 

If this is so exhausting, just do not reply. Additionally, consider quoting the entire post next time instead of extracting a single part out of context.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

Unless the Lucia parts of the game are completely different than the Jason parts of the game, then your example makes no sense. Take GTAV for instance. The 3 protags played largely the same. Their individual stories were different and the businesses they could buy was mostly flavor. 

Of course, at this point in GTAVI we don't even have a list of minor differences between the two except for gender. Which is the only difference causing these rather obvious posts.

But is still boils down to personal preference. If someone said they didn't want to play as Trevor, the psychopatic junkie who murdered Johnny for no good reason and is objectively bad person, or as Franklin because they don't like the gang stuf, it would be still valid opinion and I wouldn't go crazy despite I liked both and I don't think these reasons are enough to not want to play as these characters.
Our Andrew Tate Jr. has no power to change the game characters, he didn't create any petitions or went to protest in front of R* HQ, he just stated his (unpopular) opinion without any hate, insults or slurs and the only reason I'm here defending him and his view is the insane amount of vitriol he received (now mostly deleted, but it's still going on).

38 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

I fixed that for you, you are welcome. Also don't even bother replying to me, i blocked you. Just wanted to say thank for you wasting my time reading your post.

This is the second time I see shit like this here. If you genuinely value your time, it's safe to assume you wouldn't want to squander everyone else's time either. I believe engaging in insults and promptly hitting the block button, instead of making an actual argument, is a prime example of how to effectively waste everyone else's time.

8 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Hey Jean, call me sexist, misogynist. I don’t care at all. It says something about you, not me. But maybe you'll find that out when you grow up. 😁

It’s funny because I was just stating my opinion and personal preference in non-agressive completely normal way.  I even said I’m looking forward to the game. But you guys had to show up and started calling me that I’m wrong, crazy, sexist and misogynist. You were the ones who started making scenes and the namecalling, not me. Just for saying that I don’t like games forcing players to play as a girl when there’s a male choice and that I’m able to immerse myself in it just with male protagonist because guess what, I identify as a male and I want to play as a male. That’s it. What is wrong with that? 

This whole thread wouldn’t blow up like this if guys like you would be able to respect others and their preferences/opinions, which may differ. But you can’t handle that. So if there’s anyone, who needs to look at themselves, it’s you guys. Grow up and try to look at things from perspectives of others. You may learn a thing or two. 😉

You keep referencing your "preferences" and "opinions", but what you post is suggestive of how you interact in the world and how your brain operates. I know it's hard to sit back and evaluate your own feelings and beliefs, but when you say, "I'm not able to immerse myself in it, if I play as a girl...If you can, good for you, but I can't and I don't want to.." people read that and takeaway that you can't relate to women, so much so, that you can't even enjoy (or whatever "immerse" means to you?) playing as one in a video game. Not only can you not relate to women, you don't want to? Lol how do you think that sounds to people when they read it. Sure, it's your opinion and preference, but why do you think that is? It's fine if that's how you feel, but don't pretend it's not from bias that you feel. Be honest and don't run from it. 

Also, women are gamers too buddy lol. Imagine women had as big of a problem playing as male characters, as you do playing female. You'd tell them to kick rocks wouldn't you? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Except this is a constant issue offline and online -these incredibly stupid arguments to allow what is obvious blatant problematic remarks . 

i prefer to play as men in games with character creation because i am a men - especially if it allows romance because im a bisexual who would like to play as a man who can romance men- an important part of me coming out . 

So i dont have a problem with the user saying they prefer to play as men in their games .

but if you’re going to come and complain about being FORCED to play as a woman well good golly gosh you might  be a little sexist and you probably should  reevaluate why palying as a woman is such a problem .

Wasn't this like the ultimate argument for A LOT of people why they didn't play certain games in the past, where they could only play as a man, hence they were FORCED to play as a man? Or they were forced to have a white skin instead of black? And that's why inclusions and stuff like ESG happened? You can really see the hypocrisy here. When somebody says they just want to play male characters and not play women, it's sexist and everybody loses their mind, but when you want to play a girl and don't want to be forced to play as a man, it's okay. God forbid if I said I want him to be white or something. That would shutdown the site.

In the end, I must say, after seeing several profiles here with guys having girls as avatars (there's nothing wrong with that ofc), I completely understand you guys that you feel like I'm personally attacking you.. But that's your problem, really, not mine, if you feel that way. I was just stating my opinion and personal preferences. 🙂

88kzjz.jpg

I just had too.

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

In the end, I must say, after seeing several profiles here with guys having girls as avatars, I completely understand you guys that you feel like I'm personally attacking you. But that's your problem, really, not mine, if you feel that way. I was just stating my opinion and personal preferences. 🙂

I hope you don't consider mine to be one? It's pretty clear they aren't even human given half their brain is out but I guess half a brain is still more than some.

I also don't think any of the mods who have removed your posts have female avatars? 🤔

• Like 1