Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer is out NOW!! - Discussion Thread

Troz

The GTA ship has sailed for me a long time ago. 

Rockstar Games just don't do it for me anymore. I just find their game design and control schemes extremely outdated, they just don't have a good feel on the controller for me and it really does ruin a lot of the experience with the games. 

Sure, I'll still play it at some point but I have no hype for it. Rockstar abandoned too many better franchises to basically focus entirely on GTA and that just adds to my bitterness against them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, veryrareoriginal said:

GTAV was released in 2013

Yes, and it was outdated even back then. RDR2 came out in 2018 and has the exact same core design and control scheme as GTAV. Rockstar never really adapted and modernized their design and controls with each passing game, all their games still play exactly like GTA IV and that game came out in 2008. I'm sure GTA VI will be no different. We'll still be having to tap X to run in a game in 2025 etc. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I still ‘member the day my brother introduced me to this channel 8 or 9 years ago. The claw machine upload being my personal favourite, mostly because I actually owned one of these from Aussie discount store chain The Reject Shop (only mine was a red variant, not blue like the one he had in that video).

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Sure, I'll still play it at some point but I have no hype for it. Rockstar abandoned too many better franchises to basically focus entirely on GTA and that just adds to my bitterness against them. 

same

Max Payne 4 when?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

same

Max Payne 4 when?

Max Payne seems like the one with the best shot at getting a revival. I know Remedy is remaking MP 1 & 2 currently so that'll be nice when that drops. 

I would kill for an LA Noire 2 though. It's a travesty that game never got a follow-up. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Max Payne seems like the one with the best shot at getting a revival. I know Remedy is remaking MP 1 & 2 currently so that'll be nice when that drops. 

I would kill for an LA Noire 2 though. It's a travesty that game never got a follow-up. 

I would be ok with a Max Payne 3 remake also

LA noire got an unneeded remaster. a sequel would have been better 

Honestly, I don't know what to expect. I read that many of R* workers from the past already left.  Then we have the definitive edition fiasco, then we have the fact that their greedy ass shamelessly milked GTA5 for 10 years (12 by the time 6 is out). At least to me they lost most of their credibility. I have zero hype for this game. I'll wait for some reviews and then decide if I buy it or not, especially because these days many games are more about sending a message than entertaining, and that's just not my kind of game. So I will rather wait to see what happens before blindingly throwing my money at them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

I never understood why MP2 wasn't released on the PS4 store with the first one.   I could do without MP3's online though

2 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Oh man I'd be so down with a proper sequel to L.A. Noire. I had a blast with the original game, and it is a shame that Team Bondi folded before they ever got the chance to make a sequel.

Another game that we lost due to Team Bondi shutting down in 2011 was Whore of the Orient, which would have come out in 2015 had it not gotten the plug pulled on it. A shame, since it could have been something along the lines of L.A. Noire, but set in 1936 Shanghai with the main character working their way through the corruption, political turbulence, communism, and mob crime that was running rampant in the city.

The reason I was bummed that WotO got canceled and never saw the light of day is due to the following sentence:

"The game was suggested to be a narrative action adventure title similar to L.A. Noire, and the proprietary facial MotionScan technology would also be reused."

For additional information on the canceled game, see the spoiler tab and the leaked gameplay footage below:

Spoiler

Whore of the Orient is a cancelled action-adventure video game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was in development at KMM Interactive Entertainment, a subsidiary of Kennedy Miller Mitchell that comprised employees from defunct development houses Team Bondi and Krome Studios. In 2012, the game was targeting a 2015 release,[1] but was confirmed cancelled in 2016, having not had a status update since 2013.

Set in 1936, the game would have centered around the corrupt city of Shanghai in the hands of Western powers, filled with mob crime and political troubles. The Kuomintang ruthlessly puts down labor movements in an effort to suppress communism, whilst the International Police Force attempt to maintain peace.

Following the release of L.A. Noire (2011), Team Bondi sought partnerships with other studios for their next title, similar to their former partnership with Rockstar Games.[4] It was reported that no studios were interested in forming a partnership due to prior claims of unethical working practices at Team Bondi.[5] In August 2011, Kennedy Miller Mitchell (KMM) bought Team Bondi's assets and intellectual property, and staff were given the option to join KMM.[6] The team was absorbed into KMM Interactive Entertainment, a subsidiary of Kennedy Miller Mitchell, and development on Whore of the Orient continued.[7]

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment was said to have pulled out from their interest in the project sometime in late 2012.[8] In April 2013, it was rumoured that the former Team Bondi team was laid off, and that the game was put on hold. Doug Mitchell of Kennedy Miller Mitchell released a comment stating that the company had not given up on the project, and that they were still seeking the right investor, neither confirming nor denying the status of the former Team Bondi team.[9] In June of that year, KMM received US$200,000 worth of funding for the project from Screen NSW, an Australian trade and investment board.[10][11]

The game was suggested to be a narrative action adventure title similar to L.A. Noire, and the proprietary facial MotionScan technology would also be reused.[12] Early unfinished gameplay footage was leaked in August 2013, depicting the combat-style action.[13] The title of the game was criticised in September 2013; Jieh-Yung Lo, a City of Monash Councillor, felt that the word "Orient" disgraces Chinese culture, and is "very similar to the N-word for African American communities".[14][15]

In June 2016, an interview with Whore of the Orient producer Derek Proud revealed that the game was effectively cancelled. Proud revealed that the team fought to "the bitter end", but they were unable to save the game and ultimately it was "wrapped-up" by parent company KMM

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Ok so it's clear GTAVI is bringing out the crazy in everyone.

GTAV was released in 2013

I have to agree with you here. People who aren’t able to respect others opinion really are crazy. And this thread is full of them. 

As I said, you are such hypocrites. You pat yourselves on the back about how the female characters are so much better than the male ones, but as soon as someone says otherwise and expresses that they like it the other way around and prefer to play as the male ones, it's immediately wrong, they are sexist, misogynist and you can't respect that. Pathetic really. Then there’s another, who doesn’t want to play it because they are a couple. I see nothing wrong with that and you call him crazy. Are you like okay?

I’ll gladly say it again. I hope I don’t have to play as Lucia and I can play the whole game as Jason, the male character. If you wan to play as Lucia, good for you. I really honestly don’t want to. 

Maybe I should start calling you guys misandrynists for not wanting to play as Jason because that’s how it goes around here I guess. 🤣

Edited by Lowlliet
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6