Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer is out NOW!! - Discussion Thread

Troz

Digital Foundry - "The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 has 'dropped' and we have reacted by bringing together three contributors to comb over the circa 90 seconds of footage and extract as much technological information about the latest iteration of the RAGE engine as possible. Is what we've seen here viable on current-gen consoles in real-time? Is there any evidence of hardware-accelerated ray tracing effects? How do the characters and hair rendering look so good? And is 60fps on PS5/Series X and an Xbox Series S port actually viable?"

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 4:07 PM, Riiszk said:

If it's not a created character, I'd rather play as the more interesting one, and from this very brief trailer Lucia seems more interesting. No one even knew Jason's name for a bit, and he kind of just follows Lucia as she leads. I have a feeling Jason will just be there to give Lucia more substance. He also only said 1 word in the whole trailer which was 'trust' (in what Lucia was saying).

I guess time will tell

I higly doubt one of the two playable(?) characters "will be just there" as a support, even Franklin from V, who was not part of the OG crew drama had his own friends and storyline and didn't felt less of a main character, and don't forget there was only Michael in the first trailer. Other than the opening shot from the jail/probation office they have rougly the same amount of screentime and some people pointed out that Lucia is always in front and Jason following, but that's because he'd be towering over her even more if he was in front of her. Nah, they will be equal in terms of importance, just like there's no Bonnie without Clyde and vice versa, the only question is how much will R* allow players to choose who to play with during missions.
Also Jason seems to be the designated driver, so I can imagine mission playing as Lucia, robbing something or someone, hopping in a car and the game switches you to Jason sitting behind the wheel who need to evade the cops and return to hideout.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

the only question is how much will R* allow players to choose who to play with during missions.

going by the trend of gta 3 -> gta 4 -> gta 5 -> RDR2

i think that player choice during missions should be a legitimate concern as it seems to have been getting less and less "open world" and more railroaded into specific cinematic moments which was really noticeable (and the worst part imo) of RDR 2.  

The game looks amazing, in every way, it looks like its going to be a great ride in looking at a dark part of USA, i love they just dont go full classy vice/miami, but they also show the darkness of society from a modern point of view, and yeah i consider having two main characters and as a couple its a great combo for amazing chemistry and story telling.

But yeah, talking trophies related because we are in a trophy froum, the game from rumors looks like its going to be BRUTAL to platinum, maybe 200-250 hours with multiplayer doing legit without any kind of boosting? And maybe lots of story "hey you make this mission right here right now or you and your plat can GTFO"... but the game honestly looks like  its going to totally worth it

Also unpopular opinion, having the trailer leaks and throwing the trailer earlier i think adds a special different vibe to the game itself, the topic around social media goes well and it made more powerful the moment, yeah it sucks that it got released without creators permition, but man, everyone will keep talking GTA 6 in the years to come because how powerful the game looks and its delivering itself, few studios have the guts to throw a date so close yet so far.

Edited by Don_Chipotle

1 hour ago, czDante92 said:

I higly doubt one of the two playable(?) characters "will be just there" as a support, even Franklin from V, who was not part of the OG crew drama had his own friends and storyline and didn't felt less of a main character, and don't forget there was only Michael in the first trailer. Other than the opening shot from the jail/probation office they have rougly the same amount of screentime and some people pointed out that Lucia is always in front and Jason following, but that's because he'd be towering over her even more if he was in front of her. Nah, they will be equal in terms of importance, just like there's no Bonnie without Clyde and vice versa, the only question is how much will R* allow players to choose who to play with during missions.
Also Jason seems to be the designated driver, so I can imagine mission playing as Lucia, robbing something or someone, hopping in a car and the game switches you to Jason sitting behind the wheel who need to evade the cops and return to hideout.

Yes, it's even quite obvious as Jason is on the main artwork with Lucia, representing two main protagonists as in GTAV. If somebody is saying Jason won't be important, he's out of his mind. 

If anything the trailer is saying at the moment, it is that it's Bonnie & Clyde situation and it seems like they don't completely trust each other in the trailer. Pointing that maybe they are gonna betray each other later in the game and maybe kill each other at the end? And you can choose, who's gonna survive and that character stays alive post-game. But I guess that would be like GTAV then. Although protagonists or main characters killing each other at the end is kinda Rockstar's thing. Or it is just early in the game when they just met. Who knows.

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Confused 2

Day 1!!!! Getting 2 copies of it👍 and yes this will be 100%ed right away! Dont want to missout on a trophy like on the ps3 ver of the game 👍 a trophy like the bounty one

Cant wait for this, its gonna be epic exploring jason and lucia story 👍

Also i think they are very inspired by a movie called " the place beyond the pines" 

Edited by DividedByMankind

5 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I'm starting to think you people have a crayon in your head like Homer or something like that, really, it's not that complicated to make sense around that concept.

NO ONE in the entire eight pages of the thread said they don't want to play as the man. You were the only one ever that said that, refering to the woman. Why would someone use the worst excuses on earth, like not feeling "inmersed" in a game where you can literally help a cannibal cult or find aliens in a mountain, to not play as a woman. Curiosly, in the only ever installment of the series with one, and a latin one. And you haven't even tried it.

If someone had the same opinion on the man I'd say the same but, SURPRISE, no one does. Ever.

Yours is an opinion, yes, a sexist opinion. You don't like me calling you that? Then you need to deconstruct yourself and question why you view things the way you do. I'm not doing that job for you.

Hey Jean, call me sexist, misogynist. I don’t care at all. It says something about you, not me. But maybe you'll find that out when you grow up. 😁

It’s funny because I was just stating my opinion and personal preference in non-agressive completely normal way.  I even said I’m looking forward to the game. But you guys had to show up and started calling me that I’m wrong, crazy, sexist and misogynist. You were the ones who started making scenes and the namecalling, not me. Just for saying that I don’t like games forcing players to play as a girl when there’s a male choice and that I’m able to immerse myself in it just with male protagonist because guess what, I identify as a male and I want to play as a male. That’s it. What is wrong with that? 

This whole thread wouldn’t blow up like this if guys like you would be able to respect others and their preferences/opinions, which may differ. But you can’t handle that. So if there’s anyone, who needs to look at themselves, it’s you guys. Grow up and try to look at things from perspectives of others. You may learn a thing or two. 😉

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

If someone had the same opinion on the man I'd say the same but, SURPRISE, no one does. Ever.

Most people here are guys and nobody had the same opinion on the man, SURPRISE.

6 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

Yours is an opinion, yes, a sexist opinion. You don't like me calling you that? Then you need to deconstruct yourself and question why you view things the way you do. I'm not doing that job for you.

Preferring a male protagonist makes him a sexist, really? Are you that brainwashed? And this comes from somebody who generally prefers a female protagonist, not that it should matter anyway. People like you are just making things worse desperately looking for something that is not there just to participate in yet another internet drama.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

It’s funny because I was just stating my opinion and personal preference in non-agressive completely normal way.  But you guys had to show up and started calling me that I’m wrong, crazy, sexist and misogynist. Just for saying that I don’t like games forcing players to play as a girl when there’s a male choice and that I’m able to immerse myself in it just with male protagonist because guess what, I identify as a male and I want to play as a male. That’s it. What is wrong with that? 

This whole thread wouldn’t blow up like this if guys like you would be able to respect others and their preferences/opinions, which may differ. But you can’t handle that. So if there’s anyone, who needs to look at themselves, it’s you guys. Grow up and try to look at things from perspectives of others. 

So do we, why are you crying? People can also state their opinions about your preferences can they not? If the first thing you look in a game is the gender then there is something wrong with your opinion, simply as that. If you dislike the personality of a character who happened to be a woman, sure that goes.

You want to know how you sound like? Andrew Tate. And stop using the "forcing to play as a female" sentence Andrew, that does not make it better. Also, you would be surprised that Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 had also playable female characters. Senator Armstrong would be disappointed in you.

1 hour ago, Laxus-0 said:

So do we, why are you crying?

How is he crying? 

If you dislike the personality of a character who happened to be a woman, sure that goes.

I generally prefer female protagonists and this is solely based on looks. I don't need to judge the personality of the other character to justify my preference. The same should apply to somebody who prefers the opposite gender. Stop pushing your perception of what is acceptable or not on others.

You want to know how you sound like? Andrew Tate.

Seriously? Lmao. I'm not a fan of the guy - well, not really the guy himself, more like his brain-dead followers he capitalizes on - but that's a wild take. I suggest you quit social media, you wouldn't even know Tate brothers exist. You're part of the problem.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, veryrareoriginal said:

Ok so it's clear GTAVI is bringing out the crazy in everyone.

Sure is…

…Then again, the Grand Theft Auto franchise as a whole always has and seemingly always will.

Edited by Dry

On 12/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, Ashbo said:

Wonder how many folks will be listening to Tom Petty's - 'Love Is A Long Road' off the back of the trailer and the album 'Full Moon River' that it's off?

R* have a way of selecting tracks that just work with their trailers. I guess it's part of the hype with the build up etc why they work and add to the buzz, but for me I always enjoy the music/soundtracks they include in their games.

For anyone interested, I just read that streams of this track on Spotify rose by nearly 37,000% off the back of the trailer this week, compared to previous weeks! 👏👏

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

You want to know how you sound like? Andrew Tate.

Ah yes, the good old "Everybody I don't like is Hitler: Gender Edition"

6 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

So do we, why are you crying? People can also state their opinions about your preferences can they not?

It's funny you still claim that yet mods had to delete half the replies.
The normal, reasonable reaction would be "too bad, you'll be playing as woman or not playing at all" or "that's pretty dumb, how the character is written is more important than gender", but what I saw was "WOW OKAY WE GET IT, YOU HATE WOMEN YOU (my lawyer (mods) recommended me not to finish this sentence)".

23 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

My dad beat me up with a belt when i was younger.

I fixed that for you, you are welcome. Also don't even bother replying to me, i blocked you. Just wanted to say thank for you wasting my time reading your post.

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Preferring to play as a male doesn’t make him sexist but complaining about being forced to play as a woman is 

How is it different from let's say Spider-Man where a lot of people prefer the action-oriented parts of the game, hence they complain about being forced to play stealth sections to be able to finish the game? Just because the Spider-Man example is about gameplay styles, and not tied to gender representation doesn't mean the guy is a woman hater, despite the efforts of many people to paint him in that light.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

I fixed that for you, you are welcome. Also don't even bother replying to me, i blocked you. Just wanted to say thank for you wasting my time reading your post.

No argument, childish nonsensical ad hominem (shouldn't it be my mom who beat me if I am the woman hating evil incarnate Andrew Tate as well?). smugly announcing the blocking since I wrote something you disagree with, well, can't say I am too surprised, but what happened to the "People can also state their opinions about your preferences can they not?". I just stated by opinion about your opinion and blocking me seems awfully like crying about it. If it wasn't for double standards some people wouldn't have any.
Also sorry for wasting your time with my post, reading those 3 sentences took its toll I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

How is it different from let's say Spider-Man where a lot of people prefer the action-oriented parts of the game, hence they complain about being forced to play stealth sections to be able to finish the game? Just because the Spider-Man example is about gameplay styles, and not tied to gender representation doesn't mean the guy is a woman hater, despite the efforts of many people to paint him in that light.

Unless the Lucia parts of the game are completely different than the Jason parts of the game, then your example makes no sense. Take GTAV for instance. The 3 protags played largely the same. Their individual stories were different and the businesses they could buy was mostly flavor. 

Of course, at this point in GTAVI we don't even have a list of minor differences between the two except for gender. Which is the only difference causing these rather obvious posts.