Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer is out NOW!! - Discussion Thread

Troz

I was 17 when GTA 5 released, I will be 29 when this game comes out...damn.  Still already this has me excited, really want to see more story hopefully it will be better then 5's.

Edited by Cal

Wonder how many folks will be listening to Tom Petty's - 'Love Is A Long Road' off the back of the trailer and the album 'Full Moon River' that it's off?

R* have a way of selecting tracks that just work with their trailers. I guess it's part of the hype with the build up etc why they work and add to the buzz, but for me I always enjoy the music/soundtracks they include in their games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I will say...unpopular opinion...I don't like that it's in Vice City. Not that I have anything against Vice City, I was just hoping for a new location. The constant circle of Liberty City to Vice City to San Andreas, was hoping to see something new in this Universe. Lucia being hispanic...Rockstars version of Mexico could have been interesting. 

why do Americans think the only Hispanic country is Mexico lol 

• Like 3

I love VC, but I think it's the nostalgic, younger side in me that leans towarda this as I loved it when it released and being a child of the 80's the setting, music, colours, vibe etc it just hit different.

A modern version of VC will definitely be and feel different and am looking forward to seeing how this evolves following the trailer.

I think a GTA in Tokyo or Beijing as examples would be really interesting as something different and could work really well, but I guess rhat's for GTA VII...😅

Looks incredible. Looking forward to it. Also it seems it won’t be as woke as I feared as some of the stuff seemed politically incorrect in the trailer. That’s some really good news that GTA is still as it should be. 

Hopefully we can play the whole game as the main male character. I really don’t like games forcing players to play as a girl. 

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7

First off I think it looks absolutely gorgeous, like seriously one of the most impressive looking games I've seen. But then again, Rockstar's games always look amazing. It'll probably be the greatest, most detailed open world they've ever created, something they somehow seem to surpass with each new game. I'm sure the single player at least will be good. I've yet to be let down by a GTA story. I'm assuming we'll be playing as a couple, which could be interesting. I'd be down for a cool Bonnie & Clyde type story. I think it's also safe to assume that it will recoup it's rumoured $2b development cost (and then some) within the first 24 hours, and it will print money for Rockstar for the next 10+ years. But... am I hyped for it? No. Ask me 10 years ago and I would have a very different perspective. I think the trailer looked great, Rockstar always put out banger trailers, but I also think they could have shown a literal turd with '2025' written on it and the reaction would be exactly the same. People just wanted to see ANYTHING.

Personally I just can't get past how shitty Rockstar have been in the past decade or so since GTA V released, and I know once this eventually releases the focus once again will quickly turn to the online mode and shilling shark cards or whatever they go with this time, and all of their other IP will continue to be abandoned (if we're lucky we might get another Red Dead around 2030). Couple all of this with the fact that most of the main guys have bailed from the company (which could be a good or bad thing I suppose) and it's difficult for me to get excited unfortunately. I'm happy for everyone else who's hyped though. I'll probably pick it up eventually just for the single player, but it definitely won't be a day 1 purchase. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, poker_1987 said:

To be honest the ps5 will be so dated In 2025 the performance will be terrible.

Might as well give it 2 years more development and have it as a ps6 launch title. Instead of rushing it out the door unfinished 

I pretty much never agree with any of your takes but there is some truth to this. The PS5 is already dated by today's technological standards and that will become even more apparent in 2025 (when folks will probably be defending 30fps by advising to buy a PS5 Pro 🙄).

GTAV was released at the twilight moments of the 360/PS3 era and pushed those consoles to the absolute limit. That is why it's so ahead of its time.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was released mid last gen and while it's impressive in many ways there are arguably other open worlds that give it a run for its money.

All that being said, trailer was very good and I'm glad R* has made a point of it being next gen only. Sad that it even needed to be said but can't blame them when you have companies retroactively making PS4 ports now. 😑

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I pretty much never agree with any of your takes but there is some truth to this. The PS5 is already dated by today's technological standards and that will become even more apparent in 2025 (when folks will probably be defending 30fps by advising to buy a PS5 Pro 🙄).

GTAV was released at the twilight moments of the 360/PS3 era and pushed those consoles to the absolute limit. That is why it's so ahead of its time.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was released mid last gen and while it's impressive in many ways there are arguably other open worlds that give it a run for its money.

All that being said, trailer was very good and I'm glad R* has made a point of it being next gen only. Sad that it even needed to be said but can't blame them when you have companies retroactively making PS4 ports now. 😑

The game is gonna be a basically PS6 game on PS5. As you said, GTAV was basically a PS4 game on PS3 and it showed. It ran and looked TERRIBLY on consoles when it released. I think it is a good thing because that means it’s not gonna be slowed down as much by the HW and it is really gonna be next-next-gen experience. 

• Haha 1

That trailer was wild. I’m not gonna lie, I haven’t really been that interested in the GTA franchise since San Andreas and haven’t even played GTA V yet, but I am still excited to see everyone else riding the wave up to its release. This will almost certainly be the biggest video game launch in history and smash all the records GTA V set so it’s going to be interesting to follow it’s development over the next year to say the least. I might even get in this one at launch so I can reacquaint myself with GTA and be a part of gaming history. 😁

I haven't got into the hypetrain yet. The trailer looked graphically great, but that's what I was expecting from Rockstar. I also do like the fact that the game takes place in Vice City, but yet there's something missing and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I get more excited when the launch day gets closer.