How do you trophy hunt now?

The_Mighty_Ducks

So they're taking away games from your library..

Has this in any way changed your way of buying and playing for trophies?

For me I'm dirt poor, so I only have a PS3 and a PlayStation TV that I still play.

But if I had a PS5.. I would buy digital only games and finish the online trophies first and then the game, before I start on a game that has a physical copy. And if it has a physical copy, buy the DLC only. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I thought it was purchased movies they took, not games? Either way, it's part of the shitty future we have to look forward to right now...unless something gets mandated about digital content, then we're just headed into a world where we have no control anymore. For the time being though, I'm just trophy hunting like I always have.

• Like 1

I try to make sure I buy all the games I'm really bothered about having long term access to physically and nowadays I always check doesitplay.org before purchasing a title to see if it has a full version of the game on the disc/cart which can be played offline. If this option is ever taken away completely then I will stop buying new games and to be honest I wouldn't be that fussed as my backlog is still large enough that I don't really need new releases anyway! 

• Like 2

it's only movies or TV shows its just a matter of time when they start takes away games and DLC's off of your library, this is just the beginning.

the digital only future was already and always smells like shit!

I knew this will gonna happen, could've avoid this backlash by refunding people but Nope! glad I never bother buying digital movies or TV shows in my life.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 4

When I look at the list of things Sony is removing, I have not heard of a single title, let alone own any of them so it won't affect me for the moment. I don't use any of the playstation media stuff though and never even heard of the Discovery videos thing. I only use my PS5 to play games as I never watch TV, the only thing I watch is youtube, prime or netflix.

I just plan on continuing the way I always did, I work on 2-3 games at a time and always use guides/walkthroughs.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, StraightVege said:

This is all assuming that I don't just quit gaming altogether in the near future, since it's gradually becoming harder to find anything I really enjoy. At this point, it's mostly the occasional, interesting little indie title I happen across that keeps me going, besides stubborn habits.

This is exactly how I felt. Then I got PSVR. Trust me, if you are at this point in your gaming life you owe it to yourself to get PSVR2 and Resi4 (and Village if you don’t have the trophies), GT7, Red Matter1&2, Moss 1&2 and more. You won’t regret it.

On 12/8/2023 at 9:16 AM, VigilantCrow said:

Once a game is at 100% it holds zero value to me as a trophy hunter.

I'm guessing when you start a game, you play it till it's 100% before starting a new game? 

My problem is.. if you have a backlog and they take away a game that is in your backlog.. that's going to suck.. or you played a game and put it to the side cause it was too difficult, so you play another game to cool off. But didn't go back to it yet for awhile. 

There is also late adopters.. 

I have some digital PS4 games and PS5 games in my account. Bought them when they were on sale. But don't have a PS4 or a PS5. 

But will when i can afford it..

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 2:43 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I have some digital PS4 games and PS5 games in my account. Bought them when they were on sale. But don't have a PS4 or a PS5. 

But will when i can afford it..

PS4's been out for like 10 years at this point, you can probably get one for less than $100 on ebay now, maybe even with some games thrown in.

OT - The day that Sony take anything of value from people's libraries there will be uproar. If they haven't taken digital licenses for games that have been delisted from the PS Store (Marvel Ultimate Alliance comes to mind) then I very much doubt they're going to start now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnytomm said:

I don't really buy digital games, but if they seriously pulled something similar to the movie removal i would just sell the console and switch to PC

Naturally.

The PC games market being famous the world over as a hotbed of physical games.

• Haha 4

On 12/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

This is exactly how I felt. Then I got PSVR. Trust me, if you are at this point in your gaming life you owe it to yourself to get PSVR2 and Resi4 (and Village if you don’t have the trophies), GT7, Red Matter1&2, Moss 1&2 and more. You won’t regret it.

So, VR cured your dwindling interest in gaming, eh? Well, that's great to hear, and I'm sure there are some novel experiences to be had with the technology, but I doubt it's a solution in my case. I've already considered it, and decided I wasn't interested, for several reasons.

For starters, I'm just really averse to the idea of wearing a headset and wiggling my arms around to play a video game. Come gaming time, I only wanna settle into my chair, relax, and use the precise joypad controls I've already developed years of muscle memory for. Furthermore, I suffer with occasional migraine headaches (main symptom is that they temporarily blind me), and my intuition says wearing that device for any length of time may increase the frequency of their occurrence. Most of the games I've seen thus far don't interest me in the slightest, either, with Half-Life: Alyx being the singular exception to that. Anyhow, I couldn't justify extraneous spending on VR gear if I wanted to; even the PS5 itself is currently beyond my budget, let alone PSVR2.

I think the best option for me is to continue seeking out the unique stuff I still enjoy, and I did happen across a number of titles this year which impressed me—Superhot, Afterparty, Minit, Omno, I Am Dead, Arise, The Gardens Between and more—so I'm not done for in this hobby quite yet. Now, the day when I can't find anything so cool is the day I quit for certain. Probably, I came off slightly more negative than intended in the post you replied to, since I was in a poor mood at the time.

Your suggestion is still very much appreciated, however! 🙂 Have fun in your virtual adventures.

25 minutes ago, StraightVege said:

I did happen across a number of titles this year which impressed me—Superhot, Afterparty, Minit, Omno, I Am Dead, Arise, The Gardens Between and more—so I'm not done for in this hobby quite yet.

Do not miss Shady Part of Me, Oceanhorn, The Sexy Brutale, My Memory of Us. 👍

• Like 2

Well im one platinum away from 100 and after that still gonna platinum some stuff but for the most part waiting until I have time to beat ff7 remake and ofc the new dragon ball game and maybe tekken 8 and it sucks that we are going to have to pay to just own games or to keep them in our library just freakin lame and I only trophy hunt games of franchises I like nowadays used to just play games to kill time what I still do but since one of my close family member passed away my mind just got way darker wich is not ok but whatever some I will quit platting games but oh well anyway never sell your psychical games greatest mistake of my life all to have a ps4 

To be honest, I don't care that much. I'll plan on moving to another country and it isn't in my plans exactly to move a hundred boxes overseas. I have every game and savefile in my account, or I can download them to a USB, really cool. I'm not going to start from zero, wherever I go, I have my PS4 games, Steam, etc.

If I get banned well, I'll pirate those games lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1