FF16 DLCs: Echoes of the Fallen (Out Now) + The Rising Tide (Spring 2024)

PostGameBlues

8 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

That's 10 hours too many when you hate the game. 

Didn't like the game by the end. FF mode was such a boring slog too. Rising Tide looks mildly interesting though.

This. It was just so monotonous, dull and utterly joyless. And I would've forgiven it if the game at least had a good story, like FFXV (and almost every other Final Fantasy starting with FFIV), but the writing fell off a cliff after the second time jump and never recovered, turning a solid political story into generic run-of-the-mill fantasy drivel.

But uh, the trophies are here and, other than this game, I've been in love with the series since 1997 (yes, even FFXIII and FFXV), so I guess I'll get the DLC on sale later and see what they did with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

but the writing fell off a cliff after the second time jump and never recovered, turning a solid political story into generic run-of-the-mill fantasy drivel.

I am actually baffled they decided to include Vivienne to explain the story and political situation. But then after the events at Twinside all of this doesn't matter anymore. Story lost all the interesting characters and plotlines at that point and become generic jrpg plot. 

Titan and Bahamut boss battles are still one of the best gaming moments of 2023 though. A spark of joy on NG+ and crazy gun on the first playthrought. A shame that game as a whole did not deliver.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laikaros said:

Any info on the best approach for the dlc? Do it on normal campaign or do it on ng+?

I do not have the dlc yet but you want to do it in NG+, since there is a trophy related to 'Final Fantasy Mode'.

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I don't want to have to get my 100% back. I don't want to always go back to games I finished, even if I liked them. I don't want to always be buying dlc. 

And the opposite for you is true: they could add countless extra content and dlc and you could still play it even if there weren't additional trophies right. You have your preferences, I have mine 😊

But your completion rate isn’t high🤣why bother this one?

Just making fun, don’t take it seriously. Maybe don’t first-day the game is the strategy for now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

A nose hair over 3 hours. Mostly because I was also reading the new lore entries at every given interval.

Damn that is short as hell. Not that i am complaining but for 10€ i expected a bit more from the dlc.

fr THIS and the shitty Tales of Arise DLC remind me why I should never buy my games Day 1 ..... I guess I should have done like I did for Cyberpunk and Elden Ring and just wait till the game is finally complete to start it to avoid losing muscle memory, losing tracks of the story after few months/years and paying my complete game 90-100$ ....

I just hope the second DLC will bring some story plots and not the usual lazy and boring battle arena/ coliseum / score attack bosses .....

1 hour ago, Laxus-0 said:

Damn that is short as hell. Not that i am complaining but for 10€ i expected a bit more from the dlc.

Nowadays, it's pointless to expect any value for money from these DLCs. In 99% of the case, the dlc is overpriced and barely brings enough new content to justify being priced over 10$ .... Last month I paid 29 euros for ToArise DLC : what i got was a 3 hours long story and more battles for the already existing Coliseum ..... We are so used to buying shit nowadays than 3 hours of gameplay for 10$ almost seem like a good deal.

26 minutes ago, Virtua_Vince said:

It’s strange people complaining losing a 100%?  Isn’t that the point of hunting trophies or being a trophy enthusiast that you now have more trophies to hunt to achieve your shiny 100% again.

No, because 

1) A lot of people prefer to complete a game and move on. A random DLC popping after release, especially when developers told before release that this is a finished product and nothing is planned is annoying.

2) You might end up disliking the game, grit your teeth and put on with it for 100%. Then end up with DLCs popping every now and then pestering you to go and complete them.

19 minutes ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

shitty Tales of Arise DLC

Well, you can't really predict a random jumpscare DLC almost 2 years after initial release. 

I certainly won't play ToA DLC. FF16 - maybe a year later on a sale, when the memory and fatigue of original game will fade away. 

• Like 2