FF16 DLCs: Echoes of the Fallen (Out Now) + The Rising Tide (Spring 2024)

PostGameBlues

Finished the dlc. Omega was really cool, but not worth 10€ to be honest. There is one thing that annoys me a bit. The reward is omega weapon and it has the exact same stats as the ultima weapon, which kinda sucks.

Edit: For anyone interested, the current level cap is level 105.

Edited by Laxus-0

14 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Short but sweet. Extremely fun DLC. That boss on FF mode was up there with Odin and the final boss on FF mode.

The new Soken music, especially when fighting the final boss of the DLC, was more of the same. High octane and incredible. Fantastic all around.

EDIT:

You answered my questions in like 3 posts below. I was so exited that I should have kept reading.

Hope you had fun, now its my turn :D

Edited by veinte-justo
Question was already answered

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

One trophy requires opening chests for accessories but if you miss any you could probably use stage replay

Awesome. That means I can enjoy the DLC without a guide just like the main game. It was a pleasant surprise to see this DLC.  I didn’t know we were gonna get any. I loved the maingame. Side quest was kinda meh, mostly just fetch quest and such. But I have high hopes for the DLC. 

45 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Awesome. That means I can enjoy the DLC without a guide just like the main game. It was a pleasant surprise to see this DLC.  I didn’t know we were gonna get any. I loved the maingame. Side quest was kinda meh, mostly just fetch quest and such. But I have high hopes for the DLC. 

Yeah the 6 accessories for the trophy aren't hard to find.  Most are in your path, or can be spotted just by looking around as you're going through areas.  A few are automatic drops from mini bosses.  Not too hard to find without a guide if you look arround a bit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

That doesn't include having to do all the prerequisite side quests I assume? I blitzed through the game game the second time on final fantasy mode just to get it done so I surely didn't do any of that.

How long do all those side quests take?

Yeah it doesn’t include the pre-requisite side quests, as those were already done when I loaded up my save.

8 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

That doesn't include having to do all the prerequisite side quests I assume? I blitzed through the game game the second time on final fantasy mode just to get it done so I surely didn't do any of that.

The 4 prerequisite sidequest should take you 15-20 minutes at most.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I did the exact same for my Final Fantasy mode run.

I just loaded up my save, and the four prerequisite sidequests took less than one hour.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I took me like 3 hours to do the required quests. I had done only one (chocobo) side quest in my FF playthrough. 

None of the required quests had spawned for me forcing me to do random hideout quests until they finally spawned. Seems like there’s a limit to how many quests can spawn in the hideout at one time and it also seems random which one spawns after you’ve completed one. But it shouldn’t take you very long at all. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vanqishd said:

The 4 prerequisite sidequest should take you 15-20 minutes at most.

I too ran through he Final Fantasy Mode and basically did no side quest.
Now it seems I cannot find/start the prerequisite (from my save file after completed it in Final Fantasy Mode)?
I see Joshua at the dock but not the "quest" Where There’s a Will"

Any tip in what order or what quest that needs to be done to unlock them?

Found a Guide on the good old Internet!

Edited by Stedde

2 hours ago, Stedde said:

I too ran through he Final Fantasy Mode and basically did no side quest.
Now it seems I cannot find/start the prerequisite (from my save file after completed it in Final Fantasy Mode)?
I see Joshua at the dock but not the "quest" Where There’s a Will"

Any tip in what order or what quest that needs to be done to unlock them?

Found a Guide on the good old Internet!

The DLC guide for FFXVI was published yesterday on this site, you can check that one out too! The prerequisites are listed in there.

Edited by Vanqishd
  • Like 1

Some fun comments in here. 🤪

i may wait for the Leviathan DLC to come out to go back to this. I’ll have to relearn the game and I don’t feel like doing it two times. I’m personally excited to get back to it though, I loved the game. It has its flaws, but I found the story for the majority of lame sidequests made up for the lack of interesting things to do in those quests. And that was the only real thing that bugged me. I can see why some don’t like the lack of more in depth things you usually see in JRPGs but eh 

whoa very harsh opinions on this game here :D

Im still glad we can all agree almost every story is better than XV's

I dont think at all that the game was bad, but i think story wise it was at its highest right until the end of garuda, it was just more interesting to have a "regular" guy beating eikons but it turned into gundam fights after that point. I hate the ending bc i dont like that narrative device they used in ffXV too, also makes the added story through dlc kinda obsolete and unimpactful.

About the DLC: This was some of the best/most fun fights I had in a while and the music is just incredible.

Tbh, I even liked that I had to get back into the game a bit rusty and some time passed after the Platinum fatigue.

• Like 1