[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge 2024!

13 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

You sure like horrific abominations! :lol:

As for myself, I finally got my quota done for the month. My plan is to try to get a fourth of the card done each month and I finally got four out of sixteen colors for January. I won't be platinuming any more games in this category for the rest of the month as I will be too busy with my Platinum Rain challenge as well as trying to keep my unspeakables from turning into ice cubes due to this sudden cold wave that has hit most of the United States. 😛

But here is my next update:

kaleido4.png

Red: Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5 version)

Pink: Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

Light Blue: Ape Escape (PS4 version)

Deep Purple: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)

The reason I did the Vita version of LEGO Harry Potter was because I already had gotten the PS4 version of the game done and the game image was drenched in deep indigo so it made the cut. However, I do not recommend this game. You're required to complete all entries in the Dueling Club, and dueling in this game is a pile of hog sh**, requiring you to wait for the enemy to attack because they'll always block your attack and play ping-pong. If you hated Phantom Ganon in Ocarina of TIme, you'll DESPISE this game. :angry:

The only reason I tolerate this was because I played it while going on my exercise walks, so it was a fitting distraction. Sadly, the soundtrack was lackluster, recycling the same six tracks during levels. At least it was better than the Nintendo DS version of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4!

Now I have to go finish off LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga... on both versions. 😭

EDIT: I plan on replacing some games, so the card will be edited appropriately and replace the card on this post when I get to it.

I can't figure out what on your card is done, and what is just projected/planned.

could you either remove the games that are not yet finished, and only add them once complete, or add some kind of obvious "checkmark" or "X" over the ones that are done, so it's possible to track please?

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I can't figure out what on your card is done, and what is just projected/planned.

could you either remove the games that are not yet finished, and only add them once complete, or add some kind of obvious "checkmark" or "X" over the ones that are done, so it's possible to track please?

I'm sorry. I thought I put it in properly. I'll go and recreate the current card and remove the games I haven't finished yet.

To be honest, the games I had planned may be replaced so putting them on prematurely was a mistake. :(

For the record, the games I had completed had their platinum trophy icon replacing the game image but I guess that was sort of a mistake as it goes against the theme. Oops, sorry! <_<

EDIT: I replaced the image in my update post with the new card. I hope that clears things up.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cstanci said:

Can someone re-post the link with the website where it has the template and where I can link the game images to it? For some reason, I cannot find it (may be my stupidity.)

It's in the OP

• Like 1

I'm having a lot of trouble finding game images with tan in the majority of the image. The only one I know of which I would like to play is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and I am saving that for my platinum rain day challenge. What would be a good easy to do but somewhat interesting to play game with a game image that has a tan color? (I might do four cards this year, which is why I am doing four games a month.)

Also, I don't think this would count as there are too many colors in the image...

Lcf80ce.png

Edited by ProfSeajay7

1 minute ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I'm having a lot of trouble finding game images with tan in the majority of the image. The only one I know of which I would like to play is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and I am saving that for my platinum rain day challenge. What would be a good easy to do but somewhat interesting to play game with a game image that has a tan color? (I might do four cards this year, which is why I am doing four games a month.)

There's a few, but my go-to recommendation that flew under a lot of people's radar is this one:

L14db7e.png

It's an excellent Portal-like 3D narrative puzzle game, that didn't get nearly the attention it should have

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Also, I don't think this would count as there are too many colors in the image...

Lcf80ce.png

I'd recommend Call of the Sea. It's an intriguing puzzler that can be finished in 6 hours or so. The puzzles are involved but not overly difficult and the story is well told. 
spacer.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Limitedsphere said:

I'd recommend Call of the Sea. It's an intriguing puzzler that can be finished in 6 hours or so. The puzzles are involved but not overly difficult and the story is well told. 
spacer.png

Thanks, I'll look into it. Also, I am working on my Grey game because I realized that a year is divided 4x3, not 4x4, so the games I want to do for each quarter are 5/6/5. Oops, I needed a fifth game for January. <_<

14 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

[...] I realized that a year is divided 4x3, not 4x4, so the games I want to do for each quarter are 5/6/5.

No offense but why are you stressing yourself out? I also see this event as a fun way to find new games to play but don't have a certain number of cards in mind. Even though I didn't finish a single card last year I personally think it was a success.

But of course, you do you, don't get me wrong. If you want to have the extra challenge, good luck! In addition to the already mentioned games you are aware of 2023's color choice list? Might be another resource to find a game for a specific color:

On 12/31/2023 at 2:29 PM, Xylobe said:

(also linked in the OP)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

There's a few, but my go-to recommendation that flew under a lot of people's radar is this one:

L14db7e.png

It's an excellent Portal-like 3D narrative puzzle game, that didn't get nearly the attention it should have

This recommendation just cost me £8.39 :) I hope its good.

It's on sale until the end of today btw so for anyone else interested, pick it up now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

This recommendation just cost me £8.39 :) I hope its good.

It's on sale until the end of today btw so for anyone else interested, pick it up now!

Hey, that's good timing!

Hell, for that price, I'd say it's practically impossible that anyone who was a fan of the Portal games (i.e. humans), wouldn't feel like they got their money's worth and then some!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Small update from me, finished up Alan Wake II last night which fits nicely into the red section.

fuSgD6c.png

Just a quick note - I'm perfectly happy for you to use Alan Wake II for red if you wish, as it fits fine - but given that Maroon can often be a tougher colour to fill, you might want to consider using it in that spot if you don't have another Maroon planned, as it was decided last year is is good for that box too!

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Just a quick note - I'm perfectly happy for you to use Alan Wake II for red if you wish, as it fits fine - but given that Maroon can often be a tougher colour to fill, you might want to consider using it in that spot if you don't have another Maroon planned, as it was decided last year is is good for that box too!

I'll leave it as is for now but will move it over if I finish a more suitable red. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1