[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge 2024!

I'm doing a sort of 'platinum rain' challenge where I get all the trophies except for the last one to get the platinum and then, on a certain day in summer, I will get all of those platinums in one day. Can I count any of those games I am prepping for that day for the challenge or do the percentages need to be low? (I already have nine games prepped.)

2 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

@pelagia14 I appreciate the shoutout :)  but you've placed it in 2024's event, (not that I don't think @DrBloodmoney wouldn't be merciful). Best to C & P the post, just to be safe ;) 

Was about to mention that myself. Hate to see someone miss out on a Rainbow prestige because of accidentally posting in the wrong thread!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Was about to mention that myself. Hate to see someone miss out on a Rainbow prestige because of accidentally posting in the wrong thread!

Actually - are you able to use your Mod powers to shift that one across to the 2023 thread?

I’m on my phone right now, so not updating the 2023 stuff, (as trying to deal with copypasting and hyperlinks on a phone screen is like trying to play pool with a length of rope for a cue!)…

… but I 100% guarantee I will forget about this when I get around to turning on the computer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I went through all of the completed rainbows from 2023's event (barring any stragglers that come in today) and put together a reference list of the games and DLCs that were used for each color, in case anyone ends up struggling with a color and needing some ideas.

I enjoy looking through this and seeing ones that I know only I did, it gives me the weirdest sense of power.

YARN | I made him say "comfy chairs"! | Doctor Who (2005) - S05E05 Flesh  and Stone | Video gifs by quotes | d0b2d3e7 | 紗

Edited by Breakingthegreen
somehow, multiple typos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I went through all of the completed rainbows from 2023's event (barring any stragglers that come in today) and put together a reference list of the games and DLCs that were used for each color, in case anyone ends up struggling with a color and needing some ideas (this is what I messaged you about the other day @DrBloodmoney) :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UZtAHZuZYSZP3fkxS0D1Q069yT_lkgG4xND55mFixKs/edit?usp=sharing

Wow, that's really cool, definatly will help the newbies for the 2024 event.

May i submit some games to be added to the spredsheet for more options for people? If so, here's some ganes in no particular order

Spoiler

L50d97e.png

Fallout 4 (+ dlcs as they are the same image)

Platform: PS4

Colours: Yellow, Light Blue

L8efad2.png

Hitman: Absolution

Platform: PS4 (PS3 version has unobtainable trophies)

colours: Maroon, Red (possibly)

L5b103c.png

Five Nights at Freddy's

Platform: PS4

Colours: Red, Maroon (maybe)

L9678f2.png

Streets of Rage 2

Platform: PS3

Colours: Maroon, Light Blue, Blue (maybe), Red (a strecth)

Lc054c1.png

Namco Museum Essentials

Platform: PS3

Colours: Red, White

(May i ask @DrBloodmoney to look over these submissions to see if all of the colours could work and if any others could work)

will post my list for this year in the other thread later

• Like 1

@Breakingthegreen @Beyondthegrave07 @DrBloodmoney

Omg, this is what I get for having multiple forum tabs open as I go through all my alerts! //facepalm 😅

Thanks Grave for using your mod powers to move my post over to the other thread! 🥰

@Xylobe I love the spreadsheet resource that you made! I also think all of your caveats are completely fair. 😉 

Seriously though, there were a few times I went to DrB's initial post with the Rainbow Prestige club to open up like 25 completed card images to try to figure out ideas for Deep Purple, the color that constantly haunted me 😂, so I will definitely be consulting this spreadsheet for 2024~!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I went through all of the completed rainbows from 2023's event (barring any stragglers that come in today) and put together a reference list of the games and DLCs that were used for each color, in case anyone ends up struggling with a color and needing some ideas (this is what I messaged you about the other day @DrBloodmoney) :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UZtAHZuZYSZP3fkxS0D1Q069yT_lkgG4xND55mFixKs/edit?usp=sharing

It should be self-explanatory, but a few things I feel the need to note:

• I took a few liberties with regard to omissions, chiefly abject shovelware (e.g. jumping food) and some of the more egregious stretches (e.g. a black and white image being used for grey). Those are fine for the event - it's subjective, after all - but since this is meant to be a bank of suggestions, they didn't feel appropriate to include. I also left off unobtainables like Rumbleverse for the same reason.
  • I listed platforms based on the game image rather than actual availability. That explains why, for example, Stray is listed as PS4-only for red and PS5-only for black. In cases where they're the same (or similar enough, at least), this doesn't make a difference, and I opted to prioritize the square PS5 images.
  • Once again, I only went through rainbows that were completed. There were tons of games that only appeared on partial rainbows, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I don't have that kind of time!
  • Most importantly: this list isn't prescriptive! If a game is listed as a color, it doesn't mean that's its color; it just means someone who participated in last year's event used it for that color. You wanted to use a game for pink, but it's listed here as light green? Pink away, sis!

Now, with that out of the way: I forgot about the part where I actually sign up to participate! I had a lot of fun with this past year's, especially with trying for (and not quite reaching) an all-Annapurna card, so I'm thinking of trying for some other "themed" rainbows this time around. Right now I'm looking at any of an all-DLC card, all-PSVR2, and/or all-RPG; I'm not sure if the first two will be possible based on game selection, or the third based on time, but I'll at least give them a try!

Actually insane! Will definitely use last minute to complete my card next December. 😂

• Like 1

Count me in! After failing 2023's challenge I will try my best to get a full rainbow this year. 🌈

7 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I went through all of the completed rainbows from 2023's event (barring any stragglers that come in today) and put together a reference list of the games and DLCs that were used for each color

Awesome! Will definitely use it for further inspiration! Also interesting to see that most of the games I picked for my last year's partial rainbow didn't make it on the spreadsheet, meaning it was only me who played them (or used for that color)... 😅

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

- I'll just need to play a bit of catch-up once I'm done dealing with the ABSOLUTE FUCKTONNE of late entries in the 2023 event 😂

As someone who has ran several events on PSNP... I would expect nothing less from our beloved members. As I always say, "It gets done when it gets done" so be sure to enjoy the start of the new year - even if it is just for a few moments!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2