[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge 2024!

Happy new year everyone! I wasn't able to complete my rainbow last year due to being super busy towards the last half of 2023. ;c 

I'm going to try again this year! I look forward to seeing what everybody plays this year ^^ 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A Short Hike [...] is a great little game - a short, easy-breezy, feel-good affair, that feels like going on a nice holiday [...] It's simple and sweet, but funny and charming, doesn't wear out it's welcome, and has some surprisingly satisfying flying/climbing controls!

This is a pretty good description. This game surprised me how good it was. I never knew how to describe the experience but your mini-review is spot-on!

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Carto is an unusual combo of Lite Adventure game and geometric puzzler, where the player can shift sections of a map around, to shuffle the real world around them - and discover more of it, with a view to solving puzzles as they move from biome to biome as Carto - the young, ostensibly mute but very endearing and lovable young girl, looking for a way to refine with her cartographer Grandmother.

It's "cosy gaming" of the highest order, and worked perfectly for me - both as a puzzle game, and as a game I can play during this holiday period, where I try to stick to games that aren to all blood and gore, since I'm playing during the day, and my kid might be around!

That sounds interesting, will put it on my watchlist! Reading your last paragraph it could be that you would also like inked. It was one of my 2023's Kaleidoscope games and you left an interested comment, but probably forgot because of all the other games that are out there to be played. So if you don't have a game for Purple in mind, this could be it. 😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

That sounds interesting, will put it on my watchlist! Reading your last paragraph it could be that you would also like inked. It was one of my 2023's Kaleidoscope games and you left an interested comment, but probably forgot because of all the other games that are out there to be played. So if you don't have a game for Purple in mind, this could be it. 😉

Cheers - I did pick up Inked then, and it’s in the to-play pile! 👍

• Like 2

A potential list for my card this year:

Spoiler

3gLV9Mt.png

White: AC Liberation

Yellow: Hardspace Shipbreaker

Tan: Voice of Cards #2 (aka not Isle Dragon Roars)

Orange: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Red: Megaman Zero/ZX Collection

Pink: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Maroon: Marvel's GotG

Purple: ???

Deep Purple: Life is Strange: True Colors

Blue: Gungrave GORE

Light Blue: Crosscode

Green: Gravity Rush Remastered

Light Green: Islanders

Brown: The Outer Worlds

Grey: Assault Gunners

Black: Stray

Looking for any suggestions for Purple (or Deep Purple and I can move Life is Strange)

...and looking at it again, I should probably switch Crosscode and Gungrave

• Like 2