Gaming goals for 2024?

MidnightDragon

Currently on a 212 Day trophy streak, just trying to hit 1 year. Need to make it to August 17th. I'll keep going after that to see what I ultimately hit, but a year is the actual goal here. 

Headed to Florida next week for my youngest sisters wedding. So I'll be bringing my Vita with me just to make sure I can keep it up. 

maybe finally get the platinum trophies for mgs2 and peace walker. id like to try some more games on my vita as well

UPDATE: after 3.5 years, with a lot of stalling and debating even continuing to go for the plat for mgs2, it is done. i can now go back to watching movies without that nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

Edited by marcdpt1
  • Like 2

My only goal is to stop with the under 1 hour games and start more challenging games and care way less about trophies. Play a little bit more for Fun. How often do I delete a game IMMEDIATLY after the platinum or 100%? I need a change of sight a bit for gaming.

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

March update

Get to at least 6,000 trophies total (5.413/6,000)
Earn a platinum on my birthday (October 23)
Reduce my total unearned trophies (768)
Have at least 90% completion (90.10%)
100% Dragon Age: Inquisition (0/100) 
Complete two backlog games for every new one bought
Games completed: 18
Games bought: 9

Due to illness and family issues, I hit a bit of a wall this month, but onward and upward.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

March update

Get to at least 6,000 trophies total (5.413/6,000)
Reduce my total unearned trophies (768)
Have at least 90% completion (90.10%)
Games completed: 18
Games bought: 9

Due to illness and family issues, I hit a bit of a wall this month, but onward and upward.

Hope things get better for you soon 🤞

• Like 1

Nothing really. After getting the plat for DOS2 there was no particular game I would set as a goal for the year.

Maybe try to get to the 20K trophy milestone but I don't think that would be an issue if I just play normally.

Quarterly Check-in:

On 12/19/2023 at 2:12 PM, DizzyDavidson said:
  • Play new PS+ Essential titles given each month that I’m interested in. I’ve been neglecting these games, just chucking them in my backlog.

If no PS+ games interest me for the month…

• Focus on PS3 backlog, hopefully play Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • Play the games I get/got for X-Mas/B-day
  • Play some of my games with online trophies (only got a handful on PS4)

• PS+: Still haven't played Sifu from last month but otherwise I'm all caught up on games I wanted to play from the monthly games.
  • PS3: Played a couple of games without trophy support (Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction/Quest for Booty) and about to wrap up my first run in Tales of Symphonia: DofNW.
  • X-mas/B-day: 0.5 out of 4??? (One of the games I got was F1 Manager 23, I played F1 Manager 22 instead as I haven't played it yet, acceptable as replacement)
  • Online: Didn't play any that was planned... Helldivers I was persuaded into. :P  Actually I did play Saints Row with a lonely online/MP trophy that was on my list.

I'd say I'm doing pretty good in the first two categories, not so much in the latter.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

Been balancing between Xbox and Switch recently. I am getting back to Playstation in about a month or so and hopefully reach 10k total trophies.

Xbox: 3 fully completed games , 1150+ achievements

Switch: 50h+ in Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE, more than half of the game completed

Playstation: 0/1657/. (will start first week in MAY)

I would also love to plat the following games: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Yakuza 8: Infinite Wealth, Granblue Fantasy Re:Link, Dragon's Dogma 2.

• 3 weeks later...

This year is flying! Time for the April update. No commentary this month. I'll let things speak for themselves.

Get to at least 6,000 trophies total (5.473/6,000)
Reduce my total unearned trophies (771)
Have at least 90% completion (90.17%)
Games completed: 22
Games bought: 15

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've completed 2 games and bought 2 games since my last update in March. I would've liked to complete more games to ofset the 2 games bought. I'm trying to run my own challenge of complete 2 old games, buy/play 1 new game. So far I think I'm 1 to 1.

12 platinums (5/12)

1 PS3 plat & 1 PS Vita plat (0/2)

Complete a bingo for the BINGO event - not even close

Plat 4 games from years past (0/4)

Edited by Edunstar84

Posted (edited)

My primary goal for 2024 is to get at least 50 platinums while keeping a 100 % completion and without playing games where you can get the platinum in 2-3 hours (Except Telltale games).

My secondary goal is to get The Evil Within platinum. I give up 8 years ago at chapter 6, now it's time to get my revenge. 

Edited by HyXkeR
  • Like 1

I've been focusing on bringing up my completion percentage for a couple years now. I remember when it was in the low 70%, now its approaching 88%. 

This year I have been finally biting the bullet and buying a bunch of PS3 DLCs to finish those games off once and for all. My wallet is not happy but I have accepted that these will likely never go on sale again so I might as well buy and finish them 😑