DARK SOULS II PS3 servers will shut down on March 31, 2024

ziggypossum

55 minutes ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

The only trophy that get's a bit grindier is all miracles, since you need 30 sunlight medals for it.

They're farmable, but I always liked to just place my sign in front of boss gates for a few attempts of jolly cooperation

Can't you just buy the last miracles on NG +2 at Wellager in Drangleic Castle?

Edited by Paleblood

Yes, but for the PvP covenants, those you normally get by winning 500 arena matches IIRC.

You can't buy the Sunlight Miracles and you can't buy Hidden Weapon, those two have to be done "legit" 

Hidden Weapon is farmed easily in the Belfry Sol, if you're offline, so that's actually a good thing, no need to sign out anymore,  you can farm an NPC invader that spawns over an over again.

Edited by JayDeLosDioses

See, I wonder about the plat being obtainable after this...I HOPE it is, but to my knowledge, DS2 is the only Soulsborne title with an "always online" component to its coding - unlike Demon's Souls, the original Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and so on, you have no way of setting the game to "play offline" from the menu, and at least on PS4, if the game can't connect to the server from the main menu, it'll boot you back and force you to retry. The only way I've found to play offline (again, on PS4) is to get the game running with that server connection, then putting the console to sleep while it's still running before turning it back on again, which brings up the "Failed to connect to server, now playing offline with no shades or messages" note. Again, I hope I'm wrong on this, but I don't see how people can play offline from boot-up once this happens.

9 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

See, I wonder about the plat being obtainable after this...I HOPE it is, but to my knowledge, DS2 is the only Soulsborne title with an "always online" component to its coding - unlike Demon's Souls, the original Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and so on, you have no way of setting the game to "play offline" from the menu, and at least on PS4, if the game can't connect to the server from the main menu, it'll boot you back and force you to retry. The only way I've found to play offline (again, on PS4) is to get the game running with that server connection, then putting the console to sleep while it's still running before turning it back on again, which brings up the "Failed to connect to server, now playing offline with no shades or messages" note. Again, I hope I'm wrong on this, but I don't see how people can play offline from boot-up once this happens.

Have you tried disabling your PS3's network connection in the Network Menu?

1 minute ago, Xillynoc said:

I'm playing the PS4 version on my PS5, but no, I haven't. Guess I'll experiment with that tonight

You can play vanilla DS2 on PC without internet. I blocked the game from accessing my network and that let me automatically go offline anytime I started it. I assume PS3 works the same way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, chellesan said:

I cannot go online anymore, are the servers shut down allready?

I'll check for you. I'll verify with an edit.

EDIT: Can confirm that the game is offline.

image.png?ex=660759fd&is=65f4e4fd&hm=5c0

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 3

Worked perfectly until yesterday.  The vanilla ds2 online is completely dead if you don t have a partner.  I have only seen 1 random summon sign in 2 week.  

Edited by maisie666

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went back to the game to get the plat before the server closed in case I'd need to play online to get the medals. 

Turns out I never got summoned and never saw a summon sign so I decided to farm the medals. I already had 7 from when I played the game at launch (I stopped playing just after getting the king's ring). I did everything I had to do before going to NG+ where I farmed the remaining 23 medals in Things Betwixt without using the bonfire to make respawning and getting to the falconeers faster. I'd say it took me a day to get them.

I was playing the base game with no dlc btw.