100% Completion rate impossible on that account

pins_intuitif8

There is no point in you creating a new profile. There are too many good games out there and more to come, just enjoy them. I like to try for 100% on certain games every now and again but if I don't get it then it's not a big deal to me.

• Like 2

“Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it” - Salvador Dali

In other words, if you’re bothered by the fact 100% game/trophy completion isn’t an option for your profile, don’t be.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pins_intuitif8 said:

Hello, I was recently going for the 100% completion on my account slowly by slowly but I just remember that I played Fight nigth champion on ps3. And some trophies are impossible to earn. So I decided to create a new account. 

I'il change the name of this one to something dumb and use my main one on the other account.  

As of now this account is now dead.

Some people would think that It is a dumb idea but I'm a completionist so I can't handle seeing that 😭 that was a happy ride but that'll be better with that 100%.

Happy hunt fellow gamers and see you on the other side ❤️

You do you dude. Good luck on your new account

I have 3 unobtainables that were completely out of my control. I still try and maintain high completion, but it's not like I was ever at 100% for very long anyway. I wasn't about to make a new account and ignore all the effort I put into this one.

Now I like doing some of the PSNP forum challenges. They're fun ways to add variety to my account.

In the end, you're the only person who cares about your own account so you should do what makes you the most happy.

• Like 2

To add to what others here have said, 100% completion is not everything nor is creating another account worth doing. I am rather proud of my accomplishments on my account and would not 'restart' due to a few unobtainable trophies (I have 3 on my account), but as dertswa687o said: 

26 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

In the end, you're the only person who cares about your own account so you should do what makes you the most happy.

Play what you like, play what you enjoy, challenge yourself every so often (by doing forum challenges on here, play UR games, if that is your thing, etc.), but do so within your control. Not all games are equal and servers go down, it happens, but at the end of the day the only person who cares about your account: is you.

Listen, I used to be like this. Not having 100% or having games I knew I couldn't complete bothered me so I would make a new account. I did this 6 or 7 times. I had accounts with over 100 platinums twice before this one and finally realized it was stupid to even do it once. I had so many good platinums I lost and can never do again, and it's my biggest gaming regret. Lose the idea that not having 100% is bad, because you are losing out on so much more. You can always hide your games and make it look like you have 100% on here if it makes you feel better.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails

Go for it. A 100% account is very satisfying if you are into this kind of stuff. Just do a little bit of research before you start any game, it's not that hard. As to avoiding games - you can't play them all. There are so many games to choose from, I can't play 90% of games I would like to play because time is a limiting factor. So I play the ones that look interesting AND have a nice trophy list. Never felt like I ever missed out on anything.

• Like 2

I would just like to add that, at least for me, avoiding unobtainable trophies is a rather easy activity and a source of no regret whatsoever, so I disagree with the unavoidability that some people in this thread foresee. There are many many more games I wish to play than actual time to play them, and based on my wishlist alone, I am sorted for years to come without encountering a single unobtainable trophy (e.g., God of War Ragnarok and Valhalla DLC, Yakuza 7, The Man Who Erased Himself, and Infinite Wealth, Lost Judgment, Final Fantasy X, Kena, Lies of P, Wo Long and its DLCs, Spider-Man 2Like a Dragon: Ishin!, etc. etc., all games that I believe I'll enjoy a great deal playing and completing 100%). 

• Like 1

100% completion is awesome to have but what is even more awesome to have is peace of mind.

Don't feed the OCD gremlin in your brain, you will either have to avoid a ton of good/hard games or lose your mind grinding absurd mp trophies and it will never be enough because you will always strife for perfection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

I really do not like the direction this thread is taking. Of course, no one should force themself to reach a 100% account, does not make any sense, however people can have a 100% account and enjoy gaming. As if non 100% accounts do not have their own gaming and trophy issues aswell.

And to those who say that we miss on good games, guess what, there are many other great games which do not have the problem of unobtainable trophies. What exactly do you except from someone who wants to maintain his 100%, to start a game with unobtainable trophies? You all make it sound like as if we run out of good games.

Man, your profile is mad impressive. 😯

I didnt know you could hide games that were above 0%. Learned something new tho i thought if you hid these games your profile would not update? .Im fairly new here so what do i know . Shrug. Would be nice to delete games you never want to play however . Or  that you started and decided you hated game combat or game in general  but it gave you a trophy so early on that now your stuck with it there .

Edited by nyx770

4 minutes ago, nyx770 said:

I didnt know you could hide games that were above 0%. Learned something new tho i thought if you hid these games your profile would not update? .Im fairly new here so what do i know . Shrug. Would be nice to delete games you never want to play however . Or  that you started and decided you hated game combat or game in general  but it gave you a trophy so early on. 

You can hide games in the privacy settings on your console. But the number of hidden trophies will be displayed on your profile.

• Like 3

@OP - Personally I wouldn't do it. Your account is still fairly new, but you have 3 very impressive platinums on your account (Super Meat Boy, Outlast 2, and Surgeon Simulator). If you start a new account all of that hard work will be done for nothing, including the rest of your platinums and 100% PSN games that you obtained on your account. If you worked on your unfinished games, you can increase your completion rating higher. 

100% profile is nice, but you don't need a 100% to have a great profile. For example, look at this account https://psnprofiles.com/matuda-you?order=a-z . Doesn't have 100% completion, but has a more impressive profile than most 100% profiles out there have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I don't know why some people have such a grudge against completionists!

Why are completionists expected to play more difficult games than other trophy hunters?

Why should completionists start games with unattainable trophies even though most other trophy hunters wouldn't start them if they knew about them beforehand?

There are double standards when it comes to performance expectations for completists and other trophy hunters.

People who strive for excellency in any field will always attract naysayers who never could do any of it so they try to downplay the achievements somehow. I used to be like that when I was younger, by now I just realize that some people are simply beyond my own abilities, and or simply willing to push themselves much harder to achieve something, so I don't see any reason to cope and make up excuses why I haven't done something impressive that others strive for. The others will reach that stage too at some point, most of them anyway, the rest will just keep coping why their completion rate is in the shits.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2024 at 7:57 AM, pins_intuitif8 said:

Hello, I was recently going for the 100% completion on my account slowly by slowly but I just remember that I played Fight nigth champion on ps3. And some trophies are impossible to earn. So I decided to create a new account. 

I'il change the name of this one to something dumb and use my main one on the other account.  

As of now this account is now dead.

Some people would think that It is a dumb idea but I'm a completionist so I can't handle seeing that 😭 that was a happy ride but that'll be better with that 100%.

Happy hunt fellow gamers and see you on the other side ❤️

If you get enough trophies at one point it'll show 100% even though you have some missing trophies.

Like for example if the missing trohpies only make up like 0.00001% then it most likely will round up and show 100%.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:01 AM, iXanon said:

Ehhh.. 100% profiles are hugely overrated 😝

I can't achieve it due to Killzone 2, but I'd much rather keep this profile with the multiple game completions that would no longer be possible due to other server shutdowns and such.

Plus I'm never likely to reach the stage where I have just the missing Killzone 2 trophies left to unlock anyway.

Each to their own.

I will never be 100% my profile due to the GTA online trophies because of the PS+ requirement, I mean games that are mainly single player should not have online trophies requiring PS+ to platinum or 100%. Elden Ring is an example of trophies done right in mainly single player games. But also Rocket League has unobtainable trophies due to trade being phased out.

Creating a side account strictly to try out games solve this 100% completion account debate in my opinion. 

Butcher that secondary account will all the multiplayer and unotainable trophies you want so you don't miss any great titles just for the fear of never finish them and switch back to your main account for the games you are commited to complete.

Also never play games from small devolopers on release date in your main account because there have been so many cases with glitched trophies they never bothered fixing. Just wait for a week or two to see if all trophies are working fine.

Its not too hard to keep your OCD in check while also having some fun without stressing about trophies.