100% Completion rate impossible on that account

pins_intuitif8

Hello, I was recently going for the 100% completion on my account slowly by slowly but I just remember that I played Fight nigth champion on ps3. And some trophies are impossible to earn. So I decided to create a new account. 

I'il change the name of this one to something dumb and use my main one on the other account.  

As of now this account is now dead.

Some people would think that It is a dumb idea but I'm a completionist so I can't handle seeing that 😭 that was a happy ride but that'll be better with that 100%.

Happy hunt fellow gamers and see you on the other side ❤️

• Confused 8

You can't use the exact same name. Even with name changes, your account still owns all previous names its had and only that account can change back to those names, no other account can use them.

I'm hoping Sony will make old names available if an account with that name hasn't signed into psn in 10 or however many years. Otherwise, with name changes being a thing now you'll need to get way too creative just to make a name within the next 5 to 10 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

If I ever get an unobtainable, I'll move on. I've done too much to go back. Still, you do you.

This^

I have at least a dozen unobtainable Plats and 100%s on my profile but there's nothing I can do about them so I just shrug my shoulders and move onto other games I can finish.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Unobtainables are like scars.

They might seem unsightly at first, or like blemishes, but they are just the marks of time.

Too many might make you look careless, but too few just make you look over cautious and timid…

…and no one trusts someone who has none 😜

Cautious maybe, but timid not really. 😉 All it took me in these 14 years is just to play a game (that I want to play for its qualities regardless of the trophy list) at a time until full completion, after having made sure that all trophies are obtainable. I can't really envision any other way of playing and I enjoy it very much. 

• Like 4

You will miss a lot of good mp games for doing only 💯, it looks good in a profile, but its not the main reason of gaming, i have a lot of games that i dont started yet and a lot of ones that i miss the countdown of the server, but the fun part its keep moving foward to the next game. I will miss a milestone with spyro on my 300 Plats because i dont want to buy any new easy plat so i can be on time for the chinese new year and im 24 Plats low, so shit happens, it will be my 300 Plats only that will be the year but not in the way i like it

Edited by Evers_cl

33 minutes ago, tanonero said:

Cautious maybe, but timid not really. 😉

No I'd agree with @DrBloodmoney's use of the word timid. Someone with a 100% profile is far more likely to avoid a game than someone without, be it because it's an unknown quantity, has unobtainable trophies or looks too hard and they can't guarantee they'll be able to do it.

You said it yourself, you only tackle a game once you've done research to confirm all trophies are obtainable, so take a couple of my recent games: Jump Challenge and Project Edge: Cube. Neither had a platinum achiever and had no information to assuage any fear. Would you have gone for either? I don't think so, which in hindsight would have saved your 100% profile because Jump Challenge has a glitched trophy, but it would have been your timidity that saved you.

• Like 2

I get it, but I would like to remind you that, if your player habits somewhat regularly contain any, and I mean ANY, games that have online servers, or games that still might get DLC's, it is not a question of if, but a question of when you will get your next unobtainable trophy. The gaming industry is chock full with dumbass developers and even dumber office people in charge either not having a clue, or simply not giving a single solitary fuck about players in general, let alone trophies.

Multiplayer games can and will suddenly get shut down, servers dying without any warning, making all trophies you haven't unlocked at that point unobtainable, it has happened in the past, or they come around with super short deadlines while you do not have the available time to marathon that shit. Unless you develop the habit of getting mp trophies out of the way asap with any mp game that you start, you will experience this sooner or later, hell even if you try to do that there is a small leftover risk of it happening anyway with bad luck and timing.

DLC is another trap. Developers have, in the past, released DLC nobody wanted, for a game barely anyone was playing anymore and that point. Lo and behold, as a free token of appreciation for the loyal player base the DLC came with it's own set of trophies, with at least one of them being broken, entirely unobtainable, therefore giving you an unobtainable in a game you had already finished, with the dev usually not bothering to ever fix it.

There is also the very real risk of any of your children ending up casually playing with your account one day, or you simply not doing enough research to figure out that a game has a, by now, unobtainable, or you may even just get a super rare glitch or bug that stops you from getting a trophy alltogether, all things that have happened to poor fellas.

As someone who obsesses about getting back to 100% himself, like I said, I get it, but think about whether you actually want to get a new account every time something like this happens to you, because honestly, no matter how much it would annoy me to see an unobtainable on my profile, I went through too much effort to unlock some of these platinums that I have to just abandon it all for what would probably be just another temporary account that gets thrown into the trash the next time something fucks with the 100%.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

No I'd agree with @DrBloodmoney's use of the word timid. Someone with a 100% profile is far more likely to avoid a game than someone without, be it because it's an unknown quantity, has unobtainable trophies or looks too hard and they can't guarantee they'll be able to do it.

You said it yourself, you only tackle a game once you've done research to confirm all trophies are obtainable, so take a couple of my recent games: Jump Challenge and Project Edge: Cube. Neither had a platinum achiever and had no information to assuage any fear. Would you have gone for either? I don't think so, which in hindsight would have saved your 100% profile because Jump Challenge has a glitched trophy, but it would have been your timidity that saved you.

I'd avoid them on the premise that trophies may be glitched or unobtainable, which can still be read as cautiousness. For me, timid entails that I'd refrain from playing something based on its difficulty upon the fear of not being able to get 100%, and I don't think I do that, but it's semantics really. 

I choose to take pride in the unobtainable trophies I get because it’s an indisputable “I was here!” moment. Yes I was there for that weird Arkham Origins multiplayer, I was there in the dying days of Rumbleverse, and I was there for SIDE BULLET even though all common sense says I shouldn’t have bothered.

I did think of starting a new profile but then I saw my current list and I don't want to go through hell with some of the platiniums again (hello MGS2 on Vita) and I don't have a PS3 or Vita anymore.

So decided to stay with the current profile.

Do what makes you happy. I can tell you, that the games you can't get 100% in are the games you think about the most. By the point I realized 100% was impossible, I felt I was way too deep to create a new account. I do wish they allowed us to remove games from our profile, but I doubt it ever happens.

1) Resistance 2 (Didn't know the servers were closing)

2) Burn zombies Burn (The final DLC was never released)

3) Zen Pinball (All of the DLC was Delisted)

4) Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (Delisted DLC Again.)

Technically 3 & 4 are still possible, but finding someone willing to share the DLC is never gonna happen.

• Like 1

There is also the case where a patch might broke a game and there is no way of going back unless the game is fixed.

- Hyperballoid (PS3 game that you can't downgrade to a DLC playable version)

- FC 4 (was fixed)

- Friday 13th ("Thank you" patch that broke the tracking of the game after the shutdown announcement)

I simply hide the games that I know I won't finish (like unobtainables, games I didn't like, all Guitar Hero and Rock Bands etc), but only if I have few trophies.

Edited by fenris-lima

I'm glad I already had a bunch of unobtainable trophies when I started to care about completion a couple of years ago, I'll try and complete as much as I can now but I'm also not worried about things like difficulty or server shutdowns before choosing what to play

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iXanon said:

Ehhh.. 100% profiles are hugely overrated 😝

I can't achieve it due to Killzone 2, but I'd much rather keep this profile with the multiple game completions that would no longer be possible due to other server shutdowns and such.

Plus I'm never likely to reach the stage where I have just the missing Killzone 2 trophies left to unlock anyway.

Each to their own.

This, whenever I see someone with a 100% profile I just don't even feel like it's any type of accomplishment. People with these type of profiles often keep themselves away from playing games with unachievable trophies & i think it's just silly. Not even mentioning the fact that many of them have a second account where they "try" the game out before deciding if they want to platinum it, like lol, just play it once on your main profile

I myselft try to reaching 100% right now, had it 2 times already, but put so many gigantic MMO that takes 500+ hours to 100% that I still getting there agian. But I can feel you, getting a stain on my account would hurt a lot, but like others said, it's your story, and other accomplishments you did would also be in vain, so think twice before doing it, if it's for only one game.

In my opinion you will never be happy with that. I tried 100% too so hard many years. For example in 3 weeks ff7 rebirth is coming out. You wanna play it so hard but then 3 DLCs releases and your obsessed brain is like „ oh I MUST 100% it first „ . Just play what you want and f*** on trophies. Try to earn then but if you don’t want, can whatever let it be. That’s the only way you can have fun with gaming again