Anime that wasn't able to have a "Sequel" or that you feel could've still continued from where it was ended

DarknessKey92

As the title says which anime do you know that had a ending that made you feel it could have had a sequel, but probably was ended that way due to being influenced by being cancelled.

A few At the top of my head are

Shaman King

Rave Master

Bleach

Shaman King(anime) ended by them killing Zeke, in the manga he actually becomes Shaman King after everyone decides to forfeit in the finals letting zeke become shaman king. This is in part of a plan to take him down as he sleeps to become one with the great spirit, but yoh convinces zeke to become good hearted giving humanity a 2nd chance.

But as I mentioned before, since they killed him in the Anime, they kinda killed their chances on a season 2. Also the manga & anime are very different.

Rave Master's anime ended in the most worst way of the 3 listed. After meeting the king's son Lucia, and then surviving an ambush from the remaining Oracion Six. They fly off into the horizon saying their new adventure begins....and that's how the anime ended._.

After learning that's how it ended I decided to read the manga, and not gonna lie I really liked the manga it had Shuda facing White Snow, which was pretty cool especially with his new sword given to him by Gale(haru's dad). Also i can't remember the whole fight with Pumpkin Doryu, but all I can remember was being surprised about him, being strong. To the point that I asked myself if they can even beat him, and it came as a shock; due to his minions being pretty weak; thus considering him as a powerful enemy at the time pretty unlikely...but nope the guy was crazy powerful. Also a lot of indeep went in on almost all characters, with a lot of the oracion six members changing heart, to reina dying while giving musica her silver bond. I didn't get to finish reading all of the manga, but i probably should continue one day(i really wish I knew where I left off though-_-) It's been maybe 3 years since I stoped reading Rave master manga.

Well Bleach ended with the fullbringer arc, and after seeing the 1000 year blood war. A lot of fans are pretty pissed over it being cancelled not getting to see a lot of crazy stuff happening in the Manga like a lot of main characters dying.

So which anime do you know or feel could have had a sequel, but got cancelled due to I guess lack of popularity or Budgets....or just messed up from the manga's blue print?

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 1

Ergo Proxy began to end off on a good note, but then the last line spoken by one of the main characters was unsettling and made it seem like he was going to become a villain all of a sudden. Maybe I just missed something.

I also kind of wished the Devil May Cry anime continued on. But I don't think it was meant to be a long anime to begin with. Still, I would have liked to see more episodes that dealt with Sparda's past.

Other than that, I can't think of any others that ended abruptly. I remember hearing about the whole Haruhi Suzimiya fiasco with the Endless Eight episodes, but I never watched that so.

The one that immediately comes to mind for me would be Trinity Blood, but it won't be continued for the same reason the manga won't be continued, because the writer of the original novels died before he could complete the final novel, so they're keeping the anime & manga where they are out of respect of his work.

Lucky Star would be a 50/50 one, it could possibly be continued, but it might not work too well, considering it only went as far as the manga did, which was to completion. So a new series would be entirely original work.

I'm only going to say Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt because a second season hasn't been confirmed, despite the obvious hints of a second season at the end of the final episode, but Gainax are known for trolling anyway, which just leads to further scepticism.

Edited by Blanc
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head.

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control(TV anime) really needed 1 or 2 more episodes just to explain the ramifications of what the main character did in the last 4 minutes.

First Squad: The Moment of Truth(movie) needs both a sequel and a prequel to help flesh out the world it's set in.

FLCL(TV anime) needs a prequel about Atomsk, Haruko, and Medical Mechanica.

Guin Saga(TV anime) needs like 4 more 25 episodes seasons to tell the whole story of the books.

There are a ton more but I can't think of them right now.

Edited by soultaker655

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle: It would be nice If they would actually finish the anime instead of throwing in a filler season that has nothing to do with the manga and cutting the series pretty much half way through

So much yes... but i think id prefer a remake by a different studio so it could be done properly.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? (the latter just needs a budget though). 

Bleach will be back eventually, probably after the manga ends.

Btooom! & Claymore; Altough the manga continues with the story...

Accel world; there was still so much too see....

Denpa Teki Na Konojo; This had to be a full series, not just 2 episodes long...

Attack on Titan; Again an abrupt ending... Hopefully s2 will come soon.

• Like 2

Air Gear:  There is a ton of material they could used to create a few more season without making any fillers

Panty & Stocking: They mentioned second season at the end of the anime and to leave it as is seems like a major cliffhanger considering how it ended

K-On:  They could just make 1 season surrounding the year after they graduated doing the college arc of the manga and Azusa's third year at the school.

Soul Eater:  They could have a reboot that follows the story of the anime similar to what they did for Fullmetal Alchemist.

Nichijou: I didn't get enough of it and want more

D.Grayman: There is more material they can add to toe story.

Attack on Titan; Again an abrupt ending... Hopefully s2 will come soon.

The earliest i see that coming is late 2015 early 2016 as the 2 recap movies are going to air this year and next year

• Like 1

The most obvious one I can think of is this:

kekkaishi.jpg?w=500&h=194

They only covered two seasons in the anime (52 episodes); however, they could have easily kept on making anime. To put it in perspective to something like Bleach where the anime was catching up way too quickly to the manga, the manga had already ended before this was made into an anime.  It was a great anime (and a really good manga if you are interested) and the anime leaves many more questions than giving answers.

Edit:  Just realize this is my 1000th post :D

Edited by Starrk_01
  • Like 2

Air Gear. The manga went on for years, and the anime didn't even get through the full first arc, it just kind of stopped. It was bullshit.

And of course Panty & Stocking. It's obvious that a second season was planned, but I highly doubt it'll ever get made considering most of the team that made it left Gainax to make Trigger.

• Like 1

I only got one thing to say, and that's Pandora Hearts. 

It's ending is very sudden, and leaves you wondering "What now?". That said, I loved it all the way through, and it feels like they could have done so much more with it. I don't dislike the ending, but I'm not a huge fan of it either. And the manga is coming to an end too! 

In any case: my favourite manga had an great anime, even though it didn't follow the manga perfectly. The story's a little hard to understand, but it's still great nevertheless! I'd recommend it!

Here's my list (really hope they continue these someday)

Devil is a Part-timer (I need more! Lol!)

Blue Exorcist (should have followed the manga)

Attack on Titan (really abrupt ending)

Psycho-pass (good ending, but I want to see more)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Well Bleach ended with the fullbringer arc, and after seeing the 1000 year blood war. A lot of fans are pretty pissed over it being cancelled not getting to see a lot of crazy stuff happening in the Manga like a lot of main characters dying.

is it confirmed that Bleach Anime will not continue? maybe it's just like HxH or Fairy Tail that somehow put on hiatus then been continued in anime...

Some that I can think of:

Beelzebub

Kenichi

Blue Exorcist (wish there is a re-boot like what happened to FMA)

Ghost Hunt: Literally ended halfway through a case and seemed about to reveal what one of the main characters was when he became possessed.

Deadman Wonderland: Again, ended halfway through, we never saw what happened to the prison and the rest of the contestants.

Accel World: Ended what seemed to be halfway again, it sets up this big quest about getting to Level 10 and then they get distracted by some school kid. What about the illegal organization he belonged to and getting to Level 10?

Shaman King(anime) ended by them killing Zeke, in the manga he actually becomes Shaman King after everyone decides to forfeit in the finals letting zeke become shaman king. This is in part of a plan to take him down as he sleeps to become one with the great spirit, but yoh convinces zeke to become good hearted giving humanity a 2nd chance.
But as I mentioned before, since they killed him in the Anime, they kinda killed their chances on a season 2. Also the manga & anime are very different.

Sk anime sucked in comparison to the manga

Bleach anime is pretty much waiting for Kubo to finish manga so it could be finished without fillers.

mirai nikki future diary      only anime  that i have watched and liked the plot and persons are just amazing

sorry bad english im form finland  :blush:

IIRC Mirai Nikki adapted everything from manga o.O

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle: It would be nice If they would actually finish the anime instead of throwing in a filler season that has nothing to do with the manga and cutting the series pretty much half way through

Bad studio is bad studio :/ I would also love to see the ending of Tsubasa animated...

Accel World: Ended what seemed to be halfway again, it sets up this big quest about getting to Level 10 and then they get distracted by some school kid. What about the illegal organization he belonged to and getting to Level 10?

SAO got second season so AW may also sometimes...

Bleach anime is pretty much waiting for Kubo to finish manga so it could be finished without fillers.

IIRC Mirai Nikki adapted everything from manga o.O

whoa didint know that 0_0

Bad studio is bad studio :/ I would also love to see the ending of Tsubasa animated...

SAO got second season so AW may also sometimes...

is it confirmed that Bleach Anime will not continue? maybe it's just like HxH or Fairy Tail that somehow put on hiatus then been continued in anime...

I remember them Saying it was cancelled on March/May of 2012. I know people are thinking it might come back, because FF came back; but who knows.

I've heard about that being a possible reason it was getting cancelled for a time. But that was like 2 years ago. Also Kubo said "the 1000 year blood war" was going to be one of the longest arcs he's planned to make. It's going to be hard not trying to fit a filler arc in between all of that. If you look at One Piece the Anime is Catching up with the Manga, so if they can pull of still keeping up weekly; then why not bleach? Bleach has 2 years worth of content in advance now, so whether it decided to get uncancelled is not yet true Until it happens.

Over the years I learned to deal with the cancellment of the anime, and just read the manga for its true ending; but in my honest opinion if they planned to do the anime ending....then they should have ended it with Aizen. We even thought it was over with aizen back then when we read the manga. If it ended with Aizen as its last Villain, we would have been satisfied, and the series would have ended strong on a count that aizen was a huge part of the Bleach series. The extent his secret plans reached was incredible, to the point that he is the key reason Ichigo is a soul reaper.