Trophy Thoughts?

1 hour ago, SeedersPhD said:

Wait, the Auger WS is a gun, isn't it? What does it mean to "use" a gun?

Kill 100 enemies?

Pick it up 100 times?

Use its shield 100 times?

I got the platinum right now (Ps5 version) and I also don't know how it popped. I used the shield whenever it was available and tried to get as many kills I can with this gun and I got the "use 10 different guns" when I unlocked the "Advanced Auger-FS". I used it once and the trophy popped. You unlock it in the end of "Complete 'River Approach" when you kill a boss in the end of level.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 4

The trophy list is easy, but so far playing through the game is a grind in and of itself. The shooting is completely unsatisfying. The same enemies over and over again, each one taking half a clip to kill. The cover system is janky - no snap to cover, just walk against the wall and maybe you'll take cover. The protagonist is extraordinarily unlikable. I honestly haven't been so disappointed with a PS Classics title as this one. Everyone seemed so hyped for Resistance but sometimes dead is better. 

Thank god there's no Hard mode trophy, no one should have to subject themself to that. 

53 minutes ago, SupergiantStarr said:

The trophy list is easy, but so far playing through the game is a grind in and of itself. The shooting is completely unsatisfying. The same enemies over and over again, each one taking half a clip to kill. The cover system is janky - no snap to cover, just walk against the wall and maybe you'll take cover. The protagonist is extraordinarily unlikable. I honestly haven't been so disappointed with a PS Classics title as this one. Everyone seemed so hyped for Resistance but sometimes dead is better. 

Thank god there's no Hard mode trophy, no one should have to subject themself to that. 

Enemies are easy to kill if you shoot them with alt. fire (any alt. fire).

Default machine gun is good for some enemies (exploding ones), but not the generic grunts, that's why they give you alien machine gun in the third or second room and tell you to use alt-fire).

It's a good game, despite all the jank (cover system works fine with waist-high walls, but yeah, high cover is pretty bad). Story goes places, protagonist goes through character development, too.

It's easy to say "it was 6/10 back in the day, now it's 3/10" (like someone said in this thread earlier), but I'd say it's a shit take based on first few levels (which are the worst ones, admittedly).

And trophy list is, as always with Bend games, disappointing. Gold trophy for dying once, really?

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SeedersPhD said:

Wait, the Auger WS is a gun, isn't it? What does it mean to "use" a gun?

Kill 100 enemies?

Pick it up 100 times?

Use its shield 100 times?

I just got it before. Its just shoot a bullet so shoot 100 bullets.

-

Overall, and honestly I'm happy with this list. I wanted to revisit this old gem of a game but I also don't want to have it ruined in the pursuit of trophy difficulty.

In the end I see a trophy list as a companion piece for the experience.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

For those who have played it, how are the controls? I'd love to try this out again but didn't want to be fighting a bad control scheme the whole time.

The deadzone for the aiming is very high but after few missions it's manageable. 

But it's far away from "accurate headshot quick aiming". :lol:

1 hour ago, ZodiacWolve said:

How do you activate aim assist? I can’t do it in the options menu and my aim is goddamn awful in this game.

It's locked cause this feature was for the PSP auto aim control's. 

You can't play this control variant in this port. :)

1 hour ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Can anyone tell me if it is Cross Buy with PSP/Vita or not ? 😬

Yes, if you bought the digital PSP Version before the Port will be "free" for you. :wub:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Evilzone-DE said:

I doesn't had any issues with the trophies. Everything worked as it should. :):platinum:<3

Huh?

These two forum members say that trophies are bugged. 👇

21 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Some story trophies and 50 kill trophies not unlocking for me

14 hours ago, javenjeroh said:

The trophies is bugged?

2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Huh?

These two forum members say that trophies are bugged. 👇

I just played the first level of the game and got the 50 kills trophy and the trophy for beating the first level, so they are not bugged.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evilzone-DE said:

I doesn't had any issues with the trophies. Everything worked as it should. :):platinum:<3

2 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

I just played the first level of the game and got the 50 kills trophy and the trophy for beating the first level, so they are not bugged.

54 minutes ago, J2VLegacy said:

I just got it and everything popped with no issues. This is the PS5 version that I did. 

Thanks, dude(s)!

2 hours ago, Doodlebawp said:

Does difficulty matter?

No, it doesn't since there's no difficulty-related trophy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

Need to find what cause those trophies to glitch. You can check my Resistance trophy, I finished game without 50 kills trophy

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

Need to find what cause those trophies to glitch. You can check my Resistance trophy, I finished game without 50 kills trophy

Maybe it is the version you are playing on. I have been playing on the PS5 version and haven't had any issues.

1 hour ago, Jermster_91 said:

Maybe it is the version you are playing on. I have been playing on the PS5 version and haven't had any issues.

No because a lot of people already got 100% on PS4 version. Something is broke trophies counter. Maybe multiple saves/ maybe language/ maybe when you make photos in the game. 
I changed all to English and played in chapter select and still trophies not popping.

Very strange because all Bend Studio Syphon Filter games worked very well with trophies.