Assassin's Creed Infinity (Launcher for all upcoming AC games) coming later this year

raulbalarezo

2 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

The games as dlc trophy list is one thing. But the real reason why i hate this single launcher crap is that after 2-3 games the filesize will balloon to multiple hundreds of gb. I like to delete games after i finish them and having to delete the launcher after finishing ac red and redownload it to play hexe without red just to save space is annoying af as what benefit does a single launcher give for games that are largely single player games that after getting all trophies ill be done with them completely. I understand the benefits of a single launcher for call of duty as certain mw2 multiplayer unlocks and maps carry over to mw3 but i prefer multiple games to each have thier own launcher.

Perhaps you'll be able to install and uninstall games individually? That's what HITMAN: World of Assassination does. Hell, individual levels can uninstalled at a moment's notice, it's quite modular. 

Crash N'Sane Trilogy, Spyro, The Ezio Collection, all of them work as a launcher/hub from where you select the game, and play individually. All of those games have separate trophy lists.

Trophies are always a selling point (even for a small minority), so I don't see this changing anytime soon. The launcher could work exactly as every collection mentioned.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dry said:

If the Spyro Reignited Trilogy got a PS5 release, the Ripto's Rage and Year Of The Dragon trophies would appear as add-on/DLC trophy packs.

PS5 launchers' inability to support more than one trophy list, unlike PS4 launchers, is entirely SIE's fault.

That's kinda my point, there's no need to throw the blame on Ubisoft when it would be Sony's fault if we aren't getting multiple lists. They are doing something they've planned to do for years, and won't change it only because one specific console doesn't allow separate lists.

Maybe the games can install separately, like in Nioh or the GTA Trilogy where they do have separate lists.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don't understand why Ubisoft wants to turn AC into a live service thing. I mean I literally do understand in the sense it's because they want $$$, but, I feel like this launcher + game module thing is just going to confuse a lot of casual players who just want to buy a new single player AC game and play it. I feel like having a launcher where they just constantly release new games/dlc/"content" is just going to over saturate the AC brand and cause people to tune out news for the game.

Also I am guessing this probably means all these games will be always online (especially seeing as Ubisoft keeps sticking online only in games where it doesn't even make sense like the Crew.) That's a deal breaker for me, if you're gonna do online only just rip the band-aid off and make the game f2p. That's the only way online only is acceptable to me these days personally.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

The thing is most (sane) people aren't really complaining about the trophy lists, they're complaining because adding a launcher for a single player series releasing games all at different times is just a stupid idea & waste not only Ubisofts time, but the players as well. The reason those games you listed above worked is because they all released at the same time, located all on 1 disk (Or in Spyro's case, gives you the update that lets you access 2 & 3).

This just sounds like extra steps for you to spend more time in dogshit Ubisoft interface launchers so they can advertise more of their own products. I desperately hope this fails because it is one of Ubisofts worst ideas they've pitched in a long time, trophy lists aside since at the end of they day, those don't really matter.

You sound really negative while this is like the most first world problem ever lol. 

They could release it on cd if they wanted, as long as their games are good, I don't really mind.

• Confused 1

There really isn't any need for a launcher. No one is hopping from one AC game onto the next AC game so it's pointless. The size is going to be so big that it's the only thing that will fit on the PS5 in the end as games like Valhalla are near the 100gb mark without DLC. It only makes sense for games where you hop in between and save on loading times but even then, there's still the file size issue.

Do they really think anyone will download the launcher if it becomes a choice between fitting this or GTA VI on the console.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah they figured thats selling their game! By adding it as DLC because of completionist like myself will buy it to maintain completioni!👍

It's got nothing to do with trophy-minded-people - it's ludicrous and ego-centric to assume devs care in any way about that.

For starters, every additional sale they gained from the tiny fraction of completion-obsessed trophy-people who might be willing to buy a game they otherwise wouldn't just to maintain a stat, they will lose 2 to the "no-plat, no-play" crowd...

...but more importantly, there are not enough of those people to matter.

On a sales chart, completionism-obsessed people would make up only a tiny fraction of generally trophy-interested customers, who themselves are a tiny fraction of the general player-base. 

They are - to a sales team - a non-factor. A statistical zero. 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's got nothing to do with trophy-minded-people - it's ludicrous and ego-centric to assume devs care in any way about that.

For starters, every additional sale they gained from the tiny fraction of completion-obsessed trophy-people who might be willing to buy a game they otherwise wouldn't just to maintain a stat, they will lose 2 to the "no-plat, no-play" crowd...

...but more importantly, there are not enough of those people to matter.

On a sales chart, completionism-obsessed people would make up only a tiny fraction of generally trophy-interested customers, who themselves are a tiny fraction of the general player-base. 

They are - to a sales team - a non-factor. A statistical zero. 

Yes it has yo do with trophies! Why do you think they added mw3 as a dlc list. 

Dont comment my comment!!! I have my opinion you have yours!!! Nuff said!!!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yes it has yo do with trophies! Why do you think they added mw3 as a dlc list. 

Dont comment my comment!!! I have my opinion you have yours!!! Nuff said!!!

It has nothing to do with trophies and yeah we are on a trophy website and I love to unlock trophies too but the majority of gamers or players aren't trophy hunters or completionists. This is fact.

Why is MW3 added as a dlc? Because it's Sonys fault not Activisons. The PS5 trophy design choice is the problem. That one application can only have 1 list on the PS5. It has nothing to do with Ubisoft, Activison or any od these developers or publishers. Developers could have different applications for different games in a collection too but the purpose of 1 collection is to have them.. *drum roll* in 1 applicaton. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix