Who is the most popular on psnprofiles?

mumik08

1. There are no reliable and/or definitive ways to gauge "popularity" on this website.

2. lmfao @ anyone that thinks Hakoom was ever popular on this website.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, effdeegee said:

1. There are no reliable and/or definitive ways to gauge "popularity" on this website.

2. lmfao @ anyone that thinks Hakoom was ever popular on this website.

867.000 profile views. Literally got a Guinness World Record. Number 1 of the leaderboard for a long time.

I mean if that's not being popular, I don't know what else is.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

867.000 profile views. Literally got a Guinness World Record. Number 1 of the leaderboard for a long time.

I mean if that's not being popular, I don't know what else is.

lol you're either a fanboy, or confrontational contrarian, but I've got time.

1. 800k views just means he's got a YouTube channel, knows how to weave his own web, and lives on a planet with 8 billion people that know what Google is.

2. It's funny how you think a Guiness World Record equates to popularity. You know you can just buy one of those, eh? Was it for platinums? Or total trophies? 10 or 12 years ago? Either way, he's long-since been usurped by the shovelware kids.

3. Leaderboards also means popularity? That doesn't matter after you realize he's had an entire team of players account-sharing and file-sharing since Day 1 of trophies. Hence why he boycotted the site after Sly layed the smack down on him over a decade ago.

4. My original point still stands.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think it depends a lot on the definition of “popularity”.

If “popularity” is “being well known around the site, but not necessarily for good reasons” (infamy, if you will), I’d say it’s probably still AJ_Radio, despite being long banned.

Why was he ever banned in the first place? I can't remember

Just now, Terra said:

Why was he ever banned in the first place? I can't remember

The second time you mean?

The one that stuck?

I didn’t see the content, but apparently for going on a rant about how sexual harassment and abuse victims weren’t to be trusted when they reported it or some shit of that ilk.

• Like 2

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

The second time you mean?

The one that stuck?

I didn’t see the content, but apparently for going on a rant about how sexual harassment and abuse victims weren’t to be trusted when they reported it or some shit of that ilk.

He was a banned a second time? Ouch. 

As for the reason, damn, that's kind of hard to believe. 

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If “popularity” is “being well respected on the site for trophy achievements and whatnot” - there are a bunch of candidates, but I suspect  SlimSanta94 would be up there.

I’d say Floriis is also pretty high up in this category, even though he retired a while back

• Like 1

I think AJ_Radio was banned for spamming 100 posts per day, for 2 years straight, where every post was either just a couple of sarcastic words and considered spam, or a 5,000-word essay, in response to a yes or no question, that always included more than two or three tangents about how everyone and everything is more crooked and stupid than he.

Edited by effdeegee

19 minutes ago, SlippiThePippi said:

I’d say Floriis is also pretty high up in this category, even though he retired a while back

For sure - I don’t mix in those circles much, so don’t recall the names as well as some, but definitely 

May I nominate @Abby_TheLastofUs for making threads and posts about all kinds of game announcements and news, Additionally it'd be a mistake to forget @Sailar91 who follows the announcements with PS Plus and reports it very quickly. Regardless of your opinions on them, most of us would agree this site would be so much lesser without them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If “popularity” is “name-recognition in trophy hunting generally”, it probably is Hakoom or Ikemenzi

Sometimes it baffles me when people try to deny that. If that were the measurement I'd say it's clearly either of those. I mean, Hakoom has either being number 1 or in contention for number 1 for over a decade, you don't fly under the radar with that kind of spotlight on you whether you personally like him or not. It's like when I see people downplay a celebrity actor because they're in movies the individual doesn't personally watch/like. Whether he's 'popular' by measure of being liked above others is one thing, but he damn sure is one of if not the most famous. Ike likewise, probably even moreso nowadays as the Hakoom era seems to be on its way out and newcomers to this scene may be more familiar with seeing Ike and not know the history of Hakoom. These names stretch to the widest audience for sure and it's reflected both on their PSNP profile views and the attention and recognition beyond the bubble of PSNP.

It's like, if you were going to play some kind of Family Fortunes / Family Feud and for some reason the question was "Name a PlayStation trophy hunter?" You're damn sure going to say Hakoom for the top scoring answer xD it's what most people know even those who are very casual into the world of trophies.

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If “popularity” is “being well known around the site, but not necessarily for good reasons” (infamy, if you will), I’d say it’s probably still AJ_Radio, despite being long banned.

I'm not even particularly that active but I definitely know that name lol, I have to admit I do miss the ramblings with the same tangents. It is an interesting thought too whether infamy counts into popularity. Is it to be just known or to be especially liked.

When I see people ask about popularity of public figures I typically associate with fame rather than being especially liked because it's just harder to measure a subjective thing like that across a mass audience. What amount of 'I like them' applies to every individual that's heard of the person? We going to start some polling for that? xD everyone rate every trophy hunter on a likeability scale 1 to 10 and we'll go get us a trophycritic score for this.

I might dismiss infamy and especially disliked individuals in the celebrity world as not being 'popular' (though not controversial figures as they still have many who do like them in addition to hate). If they're not especially disliked however and are known and followed by a lot of people then I'd consider that to be popular, for example, for a time you could certainly say Andrew Tate was popular (maybe he still is, I haven't seen or heard anything of him for some time and I don't really care to look anything up about him either).

Also, as someone who's not especially active myself, from my experience with the site I would consider yourself to be a noteworthy figure. I see quite a bit of you, and when I do I see your post headed with the 'popular post' and find myself often giving yourself a like and respecting what you have to say. I think it would be a disservice to not consider yourself in the mix for forum popularity at least. You seem well liked, active and recognisable.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Yes I know, that reputation leaderboard is filled with circle jerking likes. But I guess some doesn't get my joke. 

It’s not a circle jerk.. The people at the top of the reputation leaderboard all have upwards of 10k posts (many times higher than the average user) and also tend to post a lot of topics and/or maintain popular threads & community events which is where most reputation comes from. If you look at the patterns around the site, people always tend to upvote the original post in a topic and usually the first few visible comments in a thread, especially if they are helpful or interesting. From pg. 2 and beyond, interaction falls off significantly. Posting news about upcoming games, PS+, or new sales is also a really easy rep farm.

Upvotes on this site have little to do with popularity anyways, it’s just a random coincidence that all the top members happen to also be pretty damn cool people. 😉

• Like 1