What is the best fighting technique and form for IRL confrontations.

3 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Not sure if this was a joke, but this. "Broken pride will heal easier than a broken jaw."

As someone who has boxed, I'm inclined to say boxing, but really an extremely basic level of any marital art/combat sport training should suffice because the vast majority of people have no idea how to actually fight.

100% serious.

The MMA meta has long established fundamental striking (boxing) and fundamental grappling (wrestling).

5 hours ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

Im 15 XD

Some people don't take a kind liking to me for some unknown reason 

I'm sure you've been well informed why you're targeted. My guess is a short fuse, a smart mouth or a soft ass.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Jiu Jitsu is quite popular for self defense these days with the rise in popularity of MMA and whatnot. It also really helps with self esteem when it comes to bullying if that's the problem here. 

Only a few weeks of training will give you a significant advantage over the average person who doesn't know squat about fighting, but for somebody with no fighting experience, the best advice is defend yourself as dirty as possible which means go for the weak points. Groin and eyes mainly. Poke the eyes, knee to the groin and then split before the other guy can recover and hopefully you can pull it off before he does too much damage on you. 

But as the saying goes, you can't bring a knife to a gunfight. Don't know how serious this altercation is but considering you're only 15, it's probably something stupid that doesn't matter but you never know these days what the other guy might pull out in a fight. You kids are crazier than my generation ever was so I wouldn't even take the chance and avoid physical altercation altogether because it could easily end up really bad for you if the other guy is crazier than you thought. 

Ultimately, the bottom line is to avoid it altogether. Whatever it is you think you have to throw fists over, it's not worth it. If you can avoid and run away then avoid and run away. It's the best and safest option in the long run and you'll thank yourself later for it. 

I agree with you my generation is severely mentally messed up. I don't think running will do me good in the long term due to recent problems I've been having with my heart and breathing (For clarity idk what's causing these heart and breathing problems I don't smoke or drink) but I'll try to run as fast as possible since I used to do X-C and Track.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

100% serious.

The MMA meta has long established fundamental striking (boxing) and fundamental grappling (wrestling).

I'm sure you've been well informed why you're targeted. My guess is a short fuse, a smart mouth or a soft ass.

I'm usually kind to people so it comes as a surprise as to why I'm being targeted. I don't get angered easily. My only guesses are due to my pass and me not having a backbone.

3 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

I'm usually kind to people so it comes as a surprise as to why I'm being targeted. I don't get angered easily. My only guesses are due to my pass and me not having a backbone.

"Soft ass"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

That's a really dumb comment.

Bullies have 0 reasons to be violent, they just have insecurities, a poor childhood or a bad household.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

If you haven't read the previous post let me inform you that I'm 15 lmao. I will take any other advice as long as it doesn't include firearms. When I'm legally old enough I will get a firearm.

Ah fair enough. I didn't see that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

That's a really dumb comment.

Bullies have 0 reasons to be violent, they just have insecurities, a poor childhood or a bad household.

I'm not advocating the violent act, nor did I say their reasons were valid. These supposed bullies weren't mute though; OP can't be clueless. 

Just now, Helyx said:

I'm not advocating the violent act, nor did I say their reasons were valid. These supposed bullies weren't mute though; OP can't be clueless. 

No, I'm clueless af. I do agree with you though. There has to be a reason as to why.

1 minute ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

No, I'm clueless af. I do agree with you though. There has to be a reason as to why.

If you're genuinely clueless, I'd say it was just a case of "low-hanging fruit" or none of this happened at all.

19 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll be very real with you OP.A video game, PSN trophy hunting website might be the singular, last place I would ever ask for advice on how to deal with in real life confrontations or advice on self defense.

That's why you're in a sleeper hold right now.

q5qyPnc.gif

• Haha 3

I learned Taekwondo while growing up. As a self-defense martial art, benefited me more or less. It increased my reaction times, physical endurance and awareness of my surroundings as well as my body (when I train any other sport, I quickly develop a good resistance and understand what's best for any exercise). As a fighting method, it is incredibly useless. Anybody can grab your leg while performing a lateral kick (yeop chagi, 옆 차기) if you execute it poorly or slowly; hence, mastering some techniques, even the basic ones, requires a lot of time and effort, and you can be rapidly dominated by your opponent, leaving you at clear disadvantage and vulnerability to further retaliations.

However, I suggest, if you really want to fight properly, look for some box gym, MMA studio or even Krav Maga, as those three selections vary a lot but have more realistic approaches while being in a street fight. Which by experience, I can absolutely tell you that any technique you have learned can help you at least to survive, defend yourself and give a decent kick-ass to any idiot you potentially come across in the outer world. Especially if you are on a date, with some else or your family!

I always love this type of discussion, as there are several videos scattered through the web with so-called masters in some martial arts within a street fighter, and they just run away; they are very funny to watch. Evidently, fighting a no rule match is disadvantageous outside their discipline. There are others, but some of them are staged, so it is difficult to discern between those that are real and which not. 

Not being in any way concerned for your own safety.

The most dangerous people in the world, are those with nothing to lose, or who are willing to take the same violence they inflict.

Also - no one is ever expecting a headbutt to the nose.

IMG-4845.gif

11 hours ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

Some people don't take a kind liking to me for some unknown reason so that's why I'm asking. Just in case they try to do anything.

I’m going to suggest a more significant amount of time should be spent on some self-introspection if you consistently find yourself in situations where “some people don’t take a kind liking to you for some unknown reason.” If you’re the common denominator in situations where people want to fight you, it’s something with you. 

For some people doing that amount of self examination is harder than learning some fighting style. 

If it really is completely self-defense and you live in some kind of fictional movie universe where roaming gangs terrorize every passerby, learning a fighting style is delaying the inevitable truth that you need to leave that environment as soon as possible. 

In the meantime if you really are defending yourself, the most approachable and effective style you can pick up and reasonably practice is boxing. There’s a lot of great tutorials available and you can lean your mattress up against the wall to practice. 

But engaging should always be a last resort. The legal, financial, and physical ramifications of the things that can happen in an altercation can and likely will follow you for the rest of your life. Life isn’t video games and movies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

If you're actually looking to fight people in response to them not liking you I would suggest counselling. 

I'm not the one to pick a fight outta no where and I've had counseling twice in my life but my mum kept pulling me out because I talked about how living at my home was.

8 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'll be very real with you OP...

A video game, PSN trophy hunting website might be the singular, last place I would ever ask for advice on how to deal with in real life confrontations or advice on self defense.

I can't access Reddit anywhere. I've been using this website and a lot of other websites on this school computer. 

59 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

I can't access Reddit anywhere. I've been using this website and a lot of other websites on this school computer. 

Yeah, Reddit ain't the place for well-adjusted advice either. Methinks there's a lot more at play here than "Some people don't like for me for no reason".

In answer to your main question though, there is no outright best fighting technique because everyone is different. It's going to be a lot trickier to learn a fighting style that is catered to a different body type than your own. Not impossible - just trickier. It's going to take dedication and if that's the road you want to go down, it'll take a lot of both physical and mental strength. Becoming proficient enough in a fighting style to use it effectively takes time. Going to one hour long class won't make you a Kung-Fu master. This isn't The Matrix.

Rather than a specific fighting style, it may be worth looking into self defence classes. If you're not looking for trouble but instead preparing for it - again, there's something more to this than you're letting on - then you're gonna need multiple ways to defend/de-escalate a confrontation. Adaptation and whatnot. Again, this will take time. There is no quick solution.

Hope things work out for you, OP, and you find a way to solve whatever this is that doesn't make things worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AgentSmiz said:

Yeah, Reddit ain't the place for well-adjusted advice either. Methinks there's a lot more at play here than "Some people don't like for me for no reason".

In answer to your main question though, there is no outright best fighting technique because everyone is different. It's going to be a lot trickier to learn a fighting style that is catered to a different body type than your own. Not impossible - just trickier. It's going to take dedication and if that's the road you want to go down, it'll take a lot of both physical and mental strength. Becoming proficient enough in a fighting style to use it effectively takes time. Going to one hour long class won't make you a Kung-Fu master. This isn't The Matrix.

Rather than a specific fighting style, it may be worth looking into self defence classes. If you're not looking for trouble but instead preparing for it - again, there's something more to this than you're letting on - then you're gonna need multiple ways to defend/de-escalate a confrontation. Adaptation and whatnot. Again, this will take time. There is no quick solution.

Hope things work out for you, OP, and you find a way to solve whatever this is that doesn't make things worse.

Thanks 👍

MMA, judo, jujitsu, kickboxing/boxing & taekwondo everything else is useless speaking from someone that has practiced karate, kickboxing & boxing for a long time.

1 hour ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

I'm not the one to pick a fight outta no where and I've had counseling twice in my life but my mum kept pulling me out because I talked about how living at my home was.

Yeah, Reddit is not the best place for advice either.... I am saying this as a 31-year old man who went through a lot of bullying as well when I was your age. The internet is not the place to get help for this sort of thing. Talk to your school counselor, a teacher you can trust, the principal, your friends, or your family.

Self defense classes can help, but they won't solve the underlying issues. If you just defend yourself and beat them up, they will only come after you more...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 8:46 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

You're an American. Anyone can send anyone they want to Jesus with expedited shipping.

Thanks for the lol

Edited by Nelson_
  • Like 1