What is the best fighting technique and form for IRL confrontations.

Any decent karate school will teach you that running away is the best option and they'll show you throws and grabs to control an overwhelming situation. But, to answer your question I'm pretty sure Muay Thai is the most deadly of martial arts. Think Sagat from Street Fighter.

• Like 1

Depending on what's legal in your state, I'd say either pepper spray or a Tazer in combination with a swift kick to the nuts should see off anyone who gets any funny ideas. Otherwise, I'd recommend looking up some local self defence classes run by a trained professional who knows what they're doing.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

Fighting is pointless. That's what conceal carry is for. 

Im 15 XD

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

What situations are you getting yourself into?

Some people don't take a kind liking to me for some unknown reason so that's why I'm asking. Just in case they try to do anything.

If you actually mean techniques i would probably say the Crane, Monkey or Drunken Style. If you mean martial arts I'd say there is not one, you'll have to combine.

In my opinion the best basis to have is (actual) wresting. Maybe combined with kickboxing because it teaches you to use both your hands and your feet. For example something like Taekwondo which although is a fun martial arts to learn puts too much emphasis on kicks and therefore is not really effective in irl combat unless you're up against a non practitioner of course. Many people forget the importance of being able to use your fists. Now if you only have time to learn one martial art, the most easily accessible and effective ones to learn are probably Jujutsu or Judo. Although wrestling gyms might be more prevalent in the US than over here. One thing about Judo is that it will also make you really strong. I don't like rolling with those guys, they have that re.. farmer strength. Learning martial arts is also not a quick solution and will take dedication, to be good you'll need to build that muscle memory. If you choose to go for something like boxing for example, please go somewhere where they care about your health, you don't want to get CTE from sparring. But on the other hand I'm personally from the school of thought that thinks wearing headgear is actually more dangerous than not wearing it but that's something that will obviously be completely up to you.

• Like 1

Just get a gun.

Traditional karate is more about a way of life than the practicalities of a street fight, especially if it's crowded or uneven ground. You'd want to join an MMA studio, ask around on what will be your strength for someone with your stature or the build you can work into.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Just get a gun.

Traditional karate is more about a way of life than the practicalities of a street fight, especially if it's crowded or uneven ground. You'd want to join an MMA studio, ask around on what will be your strength for someone with your stature or the build you can work into.

You are telling a 15 year old to get a gun? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

Step one - walk away

Step two - boxing

Not sure if this was a joke, but this. "Broken pride will heal easier than a broken jaw."

As someone who has boxed, I'm inclined to say boxing, but really an extremely basic level of any marital art/combat sport training should suffice because the vast majority of people have no idea how to actually fight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Just get a gun.

If you haven't read the previous post let me inform you that I'm 15 lmao. I will take any other advice as long as it doesn't include firearms. When I'm legally old enough I will get a firearm.

• Like 1

Note: all of this is in case of bullying/unsavory classmates. If there's actual adults trying to hurt you, I do recommend local authorities, because that's an entirely different matter/scale

As everyone mentioned, running and actually avoiding the area is the best and healthiest way to get out of trouble. Pride ain't worth a damn when you're missing a couple teeth.

If confrontation is inevitable, ye olde nut punch/shove finger in ear should do the trick. Eventually eye poke buuuut it can lead to awful repercussions so I wouldn't go that route if you are from the US.

If it's on the streets, it's never too late to go Flinstones mode and grab a rock. Just try to not severely hurt anyone, because it can go wrong very fast.

If you insist on learning a sport, boxing or MMA could work. Hell even if you aren't in danger I'd recommend those because sports is good for you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Note: all of this is in case of bullying/unsavory classmates. If there's actual adults trying to hurt you, I do recommend local authorities, because that's an entirely different matter/scale

As everyone mentioned, running and actually avoiding the area is the best and healthiest way to get out of trouble. Pride ain't worth a damn when you're missing a couple teeth.

If confrontation is inevitable, ye olde nut punch/shove finger in ear should do the trick. Eventually eye poke buuuut it can lead to awful repercussions so I wouldn't go that route if you are from the US.

If it's on the streets, it's never too late to go Flinstones mode and grab a rock. Just try to not severely hurt anyone, because it can go wrong very fast.

If you insist on learning a sport, boxing or MMA could work. Hell even if you aren't in danger I'd recommend those because sports is good for you!

"Pride ain't worth a damn when you're missing a couple teeth"

I have braces so it'd be way worse for both parties. Thanks for the advice though.

I will take everyone's advice (EXCEPT THE FIREARM ADVICE) with sincere consideration. 

A good demonstration of Krav Maga is in Jennifer Lopez's movie Enough. You see J-Lo train in it, and use it in battle later on. The script originally called for Taekwondo, but she decided to study KM instead. After a little research, she found that it was easier to pick up and learn fast.

Jiu Jitsu is quite popular for self defense these days with the rise in popularity of MMA and whatnot. It also really helps with self esteem when it comes to bullying if that's the problem here. 

Only a few weeks of training will give you a significant advantage over the average person who doesn't know squat about fighting, but for somebody with no fighting experience, the best advice is defend yourself as dirty as possible which means go for the weak points. Groin and eyes mainly. Poke the eyes, knee to the groin and then split before the other guy can recover and hopefully you can pull it off before he does too much damage on you. 

But as the saying goes, you can't bring a knife to a gunfight. Don't know how serious this altercation is but considering you're only 15, it's probably something stupid that doesn't matter but you never know these days what the other guy might pull out in a fight. You kids are crazier than my generation ever was so I wouldn't even take the chance and avoid physical altercation altogether because it could easily end up really bad for you if the other guy is crazier than you thought. 

Ultimately, the bottom line is to avoid it altogether. Whatever it is you think you have to throw fists over, it's not worth it. If you can avoid and run away then avoid and run away. It's the best and safest option in the long run and you'll thank yourself later for it. 

Edited by mega-tallica