final fantasy 12 and ff tactics, will they ever make them?

over the years ive asked this question a few times and the answer i always get is "no they suck". but for me the only 2 ff games i kind of ever really enjoyed were the gambit system in 12 and the ps1 version of tactics. i know tactics later came out again but had no trophies.

is there a legit reason they purposely just skip right over 12. i mean theyve overdid every single game in the series by this point and 12 is almost like they wiped it off the earth from existing. now maybe i missed something and im wrong because i dont follow FF. but has anyone heard any actual response from the developers or something as to why. i put in hundreds of hours in part 12 roaming around fighting things and exploring. iwould love a remake of that game now that its years later and redo it if they dont put any whack trophies in it that make you hate the game lol.

i already know alot of people didnt like it, but is there anyone here that actually did like them like i do?

• Confused 2

Final Fantasy 12 is amazing and one of my favourites alongside 10 but they did remake it for PS4 in 2017 so I don't think it's that in need of being remade again. If anything, I'd like to see the 13 collection being brought to this gen as it's only possible to play if you have a PS3. 

• Like 3

Yeah not to pile on exactly but yeah we got a FF12 remaster lol. And it's incredible, so good it's a case where I'd never tell someone to even play the original release at this point or even the IZJS version (which is annoying to play anyway.) The remaster took an awesome game and made it even better. Dual Job is always fun.

Also the world of FF12 did get plenty of expansion after its initial release. There was a sequel on DS with Revenant Wings, though I am not a big fan myself simply because it's a weird RTS thing (story was fine though.) And Vaan and Penelo both appeared in FFTA2 as playable characters, and Balthier was in the PSP version of FFT. Wasn't really just abandoned by Square or anything.

Anyway, it's not really a game I think needs a full on remake, but on a personal level I would greatly enjoy one that used a combat system closer to FF7 Remake (but still kept the progression systems of FF12.) 12 is actually my personal favorite game in the main series but the combat system itself was always just so so soooooooo boring. Especially after FFX which had great combat.

• Like 2

The guy who leaked that Ghosts of Tsushima would get a PC port this year (officially announced today), also mentioned that a Tactics remake will be announced and launch on all platforms this year.

I don't follow leakers so I have no idea if this individual is reputable or not.  For what it's worth, he also stated that Arrowhead Studios is being purchased by Sony, Starfield is coming to PS5 and Ghosts of Tsushima 2 will be announced this summer. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Startyde said:

There's two types of people:

1. People who say the gambit system is lame and the game just plays itself.

2. People who actually played XII and realize its genius. 

The art design, characters, voice acting, everything about XII is incredible and to others points, the HD remake of Zodiac for PS4 is absolutely the way to go. That speed up comes in so handy.

We need to have more FFXII appreciation threads. It's really the most complete FF game ever made. Don't @ me

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

oh man! do i look like a tard. im going to grab this up, thanks! lmao. i heard nothing of this and even when searching i kept missing it and not finding it. ps4 will def do for me. i  should of said port, not remake i guess.

16 hours ago, Helyx said:

OP's spent too much time in their backlog recently and forgot about Zodiac Age.

dont forget the shovelware lmao

Edited by melodicmizery

4 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i look like a tard

So, how was Double Dragon Neon? I gotta go back and cleanup the last few trophies...eventually.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:02 AM, Helyx said:

So, how was Double Dragon Neon? I gotta go back and cleanup the last few trophies...eventually.

Amazing game that totally deserved a direct sequel, but it was out when the double dragon license was still a huge mess, so I doubt we will see that anyday

On topic: just a personal opinion without real facts, just mere speculation, back in the day when square soft was rocking hard at the 90s -00s, there were many many projects from them that are way different from the things they usually did I think huge points that can't let them make remake/remasters are sadly license issues like parasite Eve, or maybe they didn't achieve monster sell numbers like ff7 did, so everything under a million was seen as a fail, so they don't bother to do that because for them there is no market.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 9:02 AM, Helyx said:

ive loved that game since it first came out and tried going back to it a few times and didnt have the patience. i got stuck at level 7 for a while. i also had a problem hitting everyone with the pick trophy i spent a few hours trying to get it not realizing it already popped and i had it. i was a bit livid because i was replaying levels wasting time. for the 2 player trophy i found it easiest to spam lightning and magic regen. oh and also use the heal touch casette before going to the next section if needed and you can wait for magic to regen. some parts though are really infuriating. the tapes and mythril are a boring grind

btw spacer.png

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2