Playstation users losing access to digital games BUG

What's the population size of assumed affected people so far? And how much does it deviate from Sony's normal engineering incompetence of people mysteriously temporarily loosing access to parts of their libraries?

• Like 2

I'm glad it's not just me since it was happening pretty frequently the past couple of weeks. It hasn't done it since I think some time last week thankfully but yeah, at least if others are having the problem it should (hopefully) mean Sony fixes it soon.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten this disappearing game bug but I'm not getting my extra platinum status fuel reward points. I contacted support yesterday and they gave me the missing points, but today made a purchase and same thing. Why can't things just work as it should. 😑

I feel like this has happened before. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon.

I can't help but think it's an issue being caused by the PS3 and Vita stores being completely unmaintained, but still technically up and linked to people's accounts. Some kind of updated code not being compatible and causing issues. I'd be curious to see how many people affected have games from those systems and how long their accounts have been around.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 4:17 PM, ruexnimbus said:

It's barely been a week and he's writing essays. Sounds like Sony is aware of it and working on a solution.

If you read the updates, he said some people are getting their games back after a month. So that means this has been happening for over a month now.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:10 PM, poker_1987 said:

Who cares? You want your games forever get physical 

This is such a dumb reply. How does that help people that already bought digital games? What about digital only games? Why are you okay with giving a pass to a major corporation and blaming the victim consumers?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

If you read the updates, he said some people are getting their games back after a month. So that means this has been happening for over a month now.

I did read it. "But this was on the morning of March 3, and looking at the timeline of exactly where my cutoff is in terms of games I do and don't have access to, it looks like I began to be impacted three days earlier around 11:50pm on Feb 29."

They noticed it first on March 3rd in spite of it starting Feb 29. My response was March 7th, less than a week from there. I was referring directly to the text provided. I just found it a little funny they started writing all this material instead of finding an answer and waiting for the response.

6 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

This is such a dumb reply. How does that help people that already bought digital games? What about digital only games? Why are you okay with giving a pass to a major corporation and blaming the victim consumers?

It's pretty obvious you will never have life time access to games you bought digitally