[Patched] Glitch Discovered Instant New Game+ Trophy

20 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I feel bad for people who couldn't abuse the glitch. NG+ Should be added at release not as a stupid dlc.

Personally, I do not like cheated trophies on my profile. I see no point in this. I either play it and get the trophy or don't and let the game stay on the percentage it is on.

19 hours ago, DivineNocturne said:

That's the most backwards logic thing I've ever heard, you play a game that's a once and done no new game + mechanics to spice it up so youre slogging through a game you've already finished for a single trophy is not enjoyable to most.

Really? Out of everything, you choose to argue about logic with this? What about all the people triggering trophies without playing the game? I swear, each to their own, but the majority of people here just have this obsession with having a 100% profile, without anything to do with actually earning the trophies.

15 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

Funny how THIS is the thing they patch immediately. When the game launched as a buggy mess and it took months for them to do anything about it. Oh insomniac... what happened?

How is this funny? If you don't understand how important it is to patch this, I don't know what to tell you. It's a freaking debugging menu. The PS4 was hacked because of an exploit in the web browser. These things can compromise the whole console when in the right hands. A few people popping the trophies are the least of their concerns.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

Abusing this exploit that the developers (in this case Insomniac) did not consider or fact-check prior to launching is not the players fault, but more so the developers. Now - what you choose to do with this exploit is entirely up to you, but....I chose to use it. This game when it released was very buggy and it would not surprise me if it still was, however, to each their own regarding using the debug menu (or not) as that is entirely up to you. Marvel's Spider Man 2 was a good game, but....unless they do something about releasing actual DLC (or another reason for me to play the game), the game is quite forgettable compared to the first game. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Added more information
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

How is this funny? If you don't understand how important it is to patch this, I don't know what to tell you. It's a freaking debugging menu. The PS4 was hacked because of an exploit in the web browser. These things can compromise the whole console when in the right hands. A few people popping the trophies are the least of their concerns.

Other games have had debug menus available for YEARS and they aren't compromising consoles. Jak 2, Ark Survival Evolved, Conan Exiles to name a few.

Yes popping trophies is the least of their worries, but when they launched it in such a state it could be compared to a Bethesda product, new game plus wasn't there at launch plus all of the obvious DLC we are getting. It's pitiful this is the thing they stepped up on and patched out in less than a day...

2 minutes ago, CookiestMonsterr said:

I think it possible with a disc but that is all make sure to turn the console offline remove the disc when the console is online 

If it's already online when the disc on then just remove and restart the Ps5

Wait, so this bug is in both the NG+ patch, and on the original disc?

Otherwise, I don't see how anyone can do still do it unless they downloaded the NG+ patch and kept their console offline since then.

As another data point, I also was forced to update to the new patch that fixes the exploit, it wouldn't let me launch. I wasn't planning to use it as I'm down to do a quick NG+, but I was curious to test that after some people couldn't even launch the game.

6 minutes ago, CookiestMonsterr said:

I think it possible with a disc but that is all make sure to turn the console offline remove the disc when the console is online 

If it's already online when the disc on then just remove and restart the Ps5

I deleted the game when I got the platinum, I assume an update is needed for ng+? If so I would also assume the patch is now in with this? If there are two separate updates (ng and patch) maybe I can pause one? Not a massive deal but I can’t be arsed to play it over again.

2 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

Other games have had debug menus available for YEARS and they aren't compromising consoles. Jak 2, Ark Survival Evolved, Conan Exiles to name a few.

Are you trying to win an argument no matter what, or are you just ignorant? I hope it's the former since it can't be that hard to grasp the difference between a debug menu intentionally put into the final build and a debug menu being accessible without the developer's intention. You literally cannot know the level of access this debug menu can provide.

2 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

...they launched it in such a state it could be compared to a Bethesda product...

I won't be even addressing this bullshit.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Are you trying to win an argument no matter what, or are you just ignorant? I hope it's the former since it can't be that hard to grasp the difference between a debug menu intentionally put into the final build and a debug menu being accessible without the developer's intention. You literally cannot know the level of access this debug menu can provide.

I won't be even addressing this bullshit.

And you literally can't know the ramifications of it either. It's pointless arguing about it. It could have been disasterous, it could have been completely inconsequential. As usual, we get no information so it's just speculation. 

Yet you DID address it didn't you. Here, I'll drop this "bullshit" here.

Just one of MANY videos showing the plethora of bugs. Smells like Bethesda in here.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Anybody know any idea this is the first time i have seen this with any game

Restarting 
Going on a guest account offline console its offline anyway so no way to go online doesnt work 

Restarting
Console offline  
placing disc doesnt work 

Restarting 
Using a DNS server to stop sony's auto updates 
doesnt work
and using the card system  

there is a no button to continue without updating even with going online if you try to go online then offline quickly  

Edited by CookiestMonsterr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Just installing this again, can I still do this if I just install it and keep my internet connection off?

The patch is already out. You are getting the patched version without debug mode anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

If you missed this, there might be a way by installing the "debug mode" update using a proxy like Charles. Check the Final Fantasy XV topic on how you can update a game to a "lower" patch.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/68912-how-to-get-comrades-trophies-after-update-127

You just need to find out the link of the patch.

This method only work with PS4 game. PS5 game cannot.

13 hours ago, Mattiechuu said:

And you literally can't know the ramifications of it either. It's pointless arguing about it. It could have been disasterous, it could have been completely inconsequential. As usual, we get no information so it's just speculation. 

Yet you DID address it didn't you. Here, I'll drop this "bullshit" here.

Just one of MANY videos showing the plethora of bugs. Smells like Bethesda in here.

The game ran perfectly fine. Half of the things shown in the video aren't even bugs. Next time, don't waste my time with similar videos. Bye.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

The game ran perfectly fine. Half of the things shown in the video aren't even bugs. Next time, don't waste my time with similar videos. Bye.

He is right though. This game did not run as well as Spider-Man 1. I've encountered bugs which shouldn't be in a 300 mio dollar production. Falling through the ground and floating through the map felt just unfinished.

• Like 2

Wish I did this method before they patched it.

Just started my NG+ playthrough today. Didn't even make it out of the prologue and I'm already bored out of my mind. Not a game I particularly looked forward to playing again to say the least. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 11:15 PM, BloodyRutz said:

Personally, I do not like cheated trophies on my profile. I see no point in this. I either play it and get the trophy or don't and let the game stay on the percentage it is on.

Really? Out of everything, you choose to argue about logic with this? What about all the people triggering trophies without playing the game? I swear, each to their own, but the majority of people here just have this obsession with having a 100% profile, without anything to do with actually earning the trophies.

I'm not arguing about autopopping and not playing it, I'm saying that people don't want to run a game again because there's literally no fun in doing it over and over without new content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:
On 3/12/2024 at 12:56 AM, cometowner said:

Will this game have other than new game+ DLC trophies? 

DLC's are coming and is confirmed. I'm not sure, but I think is the Venom one.