Any Advice for Brutal Challenge: Rulers of the Outer Worlds?

So I've been trying this on and off all day and can't get past round 3 consistently. It's a crap shoot if the Zantestuken goes off or not.

My strategy had been using LB amplification to spam Cloud's 3rd LB.

Party:       Cloud has the Enhanced Expeditionary Medal Equipped along with Limit Sipon Materia.

Yuffie has Gi Warrior's Charm to build LB faster

Aerith with the Limit Booster and Limit Support Materia.

I was hoping there is a more consistent method out there for this. Can't get any practice on the phases after it and losing 10-15 minutes per attempt to this is getting pretty frustrating.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CommodoreSellers said:

Don't use limit support with booster on the same char, it splits off to what aerith would start with to the others in my experience, as opposed to half of a bar with one which is less efficient, the same happens with the gotterdamerung. I used Cloud, Barret, Red. I like the latter two as Barret is a tank with good support abilities from range, same with red but obviously close range. Limit booster on barret and karmic cowl on red for extra bulk. Very similar method to the guide on here (credit to the writers for the limit siphon strat, great idea), but I changed up some materia to what i felt was a little bit better. Barret also has a limit charge +10% on his folio and on Battle Cry, so he charges limits faster just by default. I wouldn't recommend using Aerith as her dodge sucks and she builds ATB way too slow without a radiant ward, which confines her to a relatively small area, but I can't say I experimented with her much here.

From what I saw, the split is just 25 to each character so you don't lose anything, so since I am absorbing Yuffie's LB with Siphon, it doesn't go to waste.

I gave Barret a try, I do think he is better, but the main advantage of Aerith was the Soul Drain, which can absorb MP, so I basically had an endless amount of MP. I did get to Gilgamesh first try with him, but about halfway through he got me because I was trying to conserve MP because people were getting kinda low.

I would have been OK if I could build ATB with Cloud, but that Electric field prevented me from doing so. Any idea on how to deal with that?

Edit: I woke up and got it first try. I think I was just cursed last night lol

Edited by sepheroithisgod

23 hours ago, Romikot84 said:

I only chapter 7 and did not try to do hard mode or any chllanges in remake so perhpas a silly question, what level recomended to be for this chalanges?

70?

It says the recommended level on the mission itself. For the Brutal and Legendary challenges you'll want to be max level which is 70.

can I use Tifa instead red?

the unbrindled strength and rise and fall give a super amount of stagger % but this is it is really worth it instead red?

any best ap farm method?

On 3/10/2024 at 3:45 AM, CommodoreSellers said:

Don't use limit support with booster on the same char, it splits off to what aerith would start with to the others in my experience, as opposed to half of a bar with one which is less efficient, the same happens with the gotterdamerung. I used Cloud, Barret, Red. I like the latter two as Barret is a tank with good support abilities from range, same with red but obviously close range. Limit booster on barret and karmic cowl on red for extra bulk. Very similar method to the guide on here (credit to the writers for the limit siphon strat, great idea), but I changed up some materia to what i felt was a little bit better. Barret also has a limit charge +10% on his folio and on Battle Cry, so he charges limits faster just by default. I wouldn't recommend using Aerith as her dodge sucks and she builds ATB way too slow without a radiant ward, which confines her to a relatively small area, but I can't say I experimented with her much here.

I'd recommend elemental-fire (armour) on two and fire-ice on cloud, makes round one a joke as pheonix just always heals you, same with kujata half of the time as well. Sephiroth 2nd phase also is a joke as he seems to always go fire affinity first so he will keep healing you for a while before changing to ice.

For round 3, to deal with Odin I just kept dodging and using the ranged normal attack with cloud. Dodge Odins attacks and follow up with a focus thrust or braver, I'd switch to barret and overcharge or maximum fury if there was a big enough window. Doing this you should get him to sleipnir's furor quickly, then a couple of focussed thrust/shots will stagger him and hopefully he will vanish not too long afterwards. For alexander I used braver/maximum fury/overcharge on the legs, try to dodge his attacks as best you can, he can be a pain at times. I'd either use your limit just before staggering to kill him quickly, or save it for Odin right after. If you think he's gonna divine judgement then throw up magnify manaward to tank it. When Odin comes, attack him after dodging with abilities when it's safe, if you have a level 3 limit use it after he uses sleipnir or very close to stagger and you'll likely finish him off.

For Gilgamesh, he's not too bad imo. Focus on whittling him down, and throw magnify barriers every now and then. If you have fire and ice on someone you can absorb the whirlpool attack and get free hits in. I kept switching to barret to get long range attacks in, sometimes overdrive would pressure and knock a weapon away from him. Once he uses genji shield, use your limit to destroy it and pressure him, removing all of his buffs, if you poison him here he'll lose 200 or so health every time, which wears him down for a time. With some luck you'll also knock a weapon away from him as well, which also pressures him. If he gets close to using ult illusion use barrier to tank it, then heal up, personally I was able to kill him on both of my attempts without him using it once.

For Sephiroth the first phase is the hardest. Use magnify barrier immediately before he starts binding everyone with shadowy chains, I found it almost impossible to dodge. Don't use your ATB too recklessly as you'll need it for barriers and heals after octoslash. Once he finishes octoslash immediately heal up then apply barrier again shortly afterwards while trying to slowly whittle him down and increase your limit. Once you have your limit use it. Keep repeating this until you get a 2nd limit, he should be close to stagger by now, use your limit to hopefully stagger during the process and deal huge damage. He should be in phase two now after half health and the fight becomes way easier. He'll stop using shadowy chains and start shooting off firagas, which everyone will absorb with maxed out elementals. If he uses octaslash, unless everyone is crammed together he'll probably only hit 1 person with it and you get a chance to run away from it with the others, which mitigates the threat. Feel free to summon Odin here as well. I uploaded my successful attempt, only took me 2 tries and the first one I lost to sephiroth as I kept forgetting to apply barrier.

Here's a video of my run if it helps:

can I use Tifa instead red?

the unbrindled strength and rise and fall give a super amount of stagger % but this is it is really worth it instead red?

any best ap farm method?

2 hours ago, mati11120 said:

can I use Tifa instead red?

the unbrindled strength and rise and fall give a super amount of stagger % but this is it is really worth it instead red?

any best ap farm method?

can I use Tifa instead red?

the unbrindled strength and rise and fall give a super amount of stagger % but this is it is really worth it instead red?

any best ap farm method?

You can try use tifa if you want. She's a single target powerhouse. Problem I find using her for this is she's quite squishy compared to red and always has to be up close playing all out aggression to get the most out of her, I can see her going down easily and more often than red, but I'm sure it can be viable if you want to give it a try, the infinite MP synergy ability with her and cloud might be useful.

For AP post game, musclehead arena 2nd challenge, chocobo armband with whatever materia and an AP up. Doing the first round with first strike triple slash on easy and restart the challenge, you get 288ap for that materia per round, can max out elemental etc very quickly.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-rebirth-fastest-ap-materia-level-farming-method/

Edited by CommodoreSellers
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CommodoreSellers said:

You can try use tifa if you want. She's a single target powerhouse. Problem I find using her for this is she's quite squishy compared to red and always has to be up close playing all out aggression to get the most out of her, I can see her going down easily and more often than red, but I'm sure it can be viable if you want to give it a try, the infinite MP synergy ability with her and cloud might be useful.

For AP post game, musclehead arena 2nd challenge, chocobo armband with whatever materia and an AP up. Doing the first round with first strike triple slash on easy and restart the challenge, you get 288ap for that materia per round, can max out elemental etc very quickly.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-rebirth-fastest-ap-materia-level-farming-method/

Thank you for the tips,I  don't know what atb commands are good on barret and Red XII because I played whole game cloud Tifa aerith and only when I got forced to play them but don't know what ability should I spam with those to not invoke Zantestuken from Odin 

do I need only damaging him with atb commands with barret to keep him from this 1 hit move?

another question

Can I Use syphon method to all other brutal challenges too?

I'm losing my mind guys

I can reach Sephi without much trouble and also with a decent time (15 mins in-game by using the Limit Siphon strat) sometimes Gilgamesh screws me over, but I manage.

But God, Sephi just spams the bind + octaslash and doesn't really leave me time to apply Barrier or heal. It's infuriating.

I reached Sephi like 10 times already and I can't reach that damned second phase. This is slowly but surely killing my will to go on.

3 minutes ago, Attenziono said:

I'm losing my mind guys

I can reach Sephi without much trouble and also with a decent time (15 mins in-game by using the Limit Siphon strat) sometimes Gilgamesh screws me over, but I manage.

But God, Sephi just spams the bind + octaslash and doesn't really leave me time to apply Barrier or heal. It's infuriating.

I reached Sephi like 10 times already and I can't reach that damned second phase. This is slowly but surely killing my will to go on.

can you tell your experience using syphon method? it was so easy  to get too Sephiroth? wow 15 min for 4 rounds?! Cloud lv3 limit break is so OP I see?

don't worry keep trying and eventually you will get it,how with your MP leading to Sephy it was so low or maybe full?

Edited by mati11120

3 hours ago, CommodoreSellers said:

There is another challenge there which may be quicker, 2 battles back to back as well so maybe a faster cycle. The 1st battle gives you 30 AP (standard) and the 2nd battle gives you 60 AP (standard), without the AP Up and Armband. Gives you almost twice as much and maybe a great deal quicker. So 90 AP total across 2 quick battles an think its also 3 characters so even more!!!

Not had chance to really optimise the methods yet as still clearing up other stuff. But once I come back to the farming, im playing with that spot to see if its quicker.

The battle in question as i forget the name, is a battle against 10 small enemies, and then against 10 humans (2 rounds). 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I finally did it, I'm shaking.

I had to drop Tifa, the bulk and range of Barrett is too important with Alexander, Gilgamesh and Sephiroth. I had to play very conservatively during Sephi first phase and had a couple close calls, but I also had the summon available, that really did help a lot.

So, Cloud, Barret and Red with Limit Siphon. Total time at the end was 18 minutes, but basically 30 minutes in real life.

Please tell me that the Zack Legendary Bout isn't as aggravating as this. I'm gonna go slay Hard Mode with my Gotterdammerung now and maybe come back refreshed.

My god, I had a more fun time with Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight, had I known this game would be this hard I would've chosen another one for Platinum n.250

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Attenziono said:

I finally did it, I'm shaking.

I had to drop Tifa, the bulk and range of Barrett is too important with Alexander, Gilgamesh and Sephiroth. I had to play very conservatively during Sephi first phase and had a couple close calls, but I also had the summon available, that really did help a lot.

So, Cloud, Barret and Red with Limit Siphon. Total time at the end was 18 minutes, but basically 30 minutes in real life.

Please tell me that the Zack Legendary Bout isn't as aggravating as this. I'm gonna go slay Hard Mode with my Gotterdammerung now and maybe come back refreshed.

My god, I had a more fun time with Pantheon 5 in Hollow Knight, had I known this game would be this hard I would've chosen another one for Platinum n.250

I will say the Barret Solo VR challenge is pretty rough. That Admantoise you fight is the stuff of nightmares.

9 hours ago, mati11120 said:

Thank you for the tips,I  don't know what atb commands are good on barret and Red XII because I played whole game cloud Tifa aerith and only when I got forced to play them but don't know what ability should I spam with those to not invoke Zantestuken from Odin 

do I need only damaging him with atb commands with barret to keep him from this 1 hit move?

another question

Can I Use syphon method to all other brutal challenges too?

I also used Cloud, Tifa & Aerith for the whole game and managed to beat this challenge with them as well. As long as you keep Aerith topped up with Soul Drain every fight, then you should have more than enough MP for the final round against Virtual Sephiroth.

The only tricky thing is making sure you always have Barrier activated the moment he activates Shadowy Chains to ensure you'll survive his Octoslash. You can technically cast this the moment the text appears, but sometimes your caster will get caught before the spell finishes so it's very risky. I also used Limit Siphon with Cloud to help build his stagger meter. I only needed to stagger him twice to kill him, since Tifa's combos do a ton of stagger percentage increase. For Phase Two, if you've equipped Elemental Materia + Fire (or Fire & Ice) Materia then you'll be fine. 

My main strategy was switching to Tifa to take aggro, then switching to Aerith to use ATB boost, casting Radiant Ward (for safe spell casting) and getting ready to cast Barrier. I used Cloud & Tifa to attack afterwards, trying to build Tifa's ATB for Unbridled Strength x2 and using Focused Trust with Cloud to build his stagger meter. Throughout the fight, using Synergy attacks to build limit level is great since your third character can attack him for free to build ATB. Ideally, you'll have Tifa ready, Cloud with 2x ATB for Infinity's End and Aerith with 2x ATB for Soul Drain (or Ray of Judgement) during stagger. If the fight is prolonged, then Aerith can also use her Rising Fury limit break to replenish your parties limit breaks as well. I always forget about summons and didn't really use them, but summoning Odin would be ideal as a 9999 damage safety net. 

With that said, watching the video of Cloud, Red & Barret above, I think that might be the safer option if you use Lifesaver with Barret as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryoonz said:

Just finished this challenge using tips from this thread. Am gonna finished hard mode first. Is Legendary harder than this challenge?

I am looking for an answer here.

I'm almost done with hard mode (a really fun experience overall. Rufus was a pain in the ass, but still a super fun fight)

I just did the first legendary bout (Cloud) and it was manageable. Since the first 7 Legendary are all Solo fights, you need to learn enemy patterns very well and adapt your materia build to them. Cloud took a couple of tries, we'll see with the others.

From what I heard, Bonds of Friendship is the hardest one, but still it's against normal enemies and summons, so no weird new absurd bosses

On 3/11/2024 at 1:19 PM, Optinooby said:

There is another challenge there which may be quicker, 2 battles back to back as well so maybe a faster cycle. The 1st battle gives you 30 AP (standard) and the 2nd battle gives you 60 AP (standard), without the AP Up and Armband. Gives you almost twice as much and maybe a great deal quicker. So 90 AP total across 2 quick battles an think its also 3 characters so even more!!!

Not had chance to really optimise the methods yet as still clearing up other stuff. But once I come back to the farming, im playing with that spot to see if its quicker.

The battle in question as i forget the name, is a battle against 10 small enemies, and then against 10 humans (2 rounds). 

Just to elaborate on my own post for the fastest single farming spot.

90 x AP in 55 seconds by default (no AP buffs). This is a true lap as I timed my cycle from Point A back to Point A again. 

As a bonus, this method ALSO gets you Gold Saucer Point x 25 - 35 as well per lap ;)

So the bout in question at the Musclehead Colosseum is the Six-Person Bouts: The Uncouth. This method gets you TWICE as much AP as the methods floating about.

So this bout is 2 rounds, 3 party members for round 1 and the other 3 for round 2. Round 1 gives 30 AP and round 2 gives 60 AP, so put the grindier materia on the round 2 team.

The way I do this is put Barret as leader in round 1 and Cloud in round 2, raise the ATB with whatever equipment you can so its as high as you can get it to stary with (I almost always have Cloud starting with 2 full and Barret 1.5 full).

Have Barret round 1 doing Ice damage and Cloud round 2 doing fire damage.

Don't use Magnify + Spell as its severely nerfed in rebirth for some reason (now it only seems to link to 2 or 3 other enemies).

As soon as I start with Barret round 1, use Overcharge followed by Maximum Fury, first 10 enemies dead!!

Then with Cloud round 2, straight away use Triple Slash x 2, second enemies dead.

Repeat!!!

Thats it, 30+60 x AP in 55 seconds, use AP Ups to double that and then Choco Armband to triple!!!

Hope that helps ease the grind a bit ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

So the bout in question at the Musclehead Colosseum is the Six-Person Bouts: The Uncouth. This method gets you TWICE as much AP as the methods floating about.

I played in Japanese so not sure about the name, but this is the 1st 6 man mission one right?

What I did was just use Quake 2 (Quaker?, Quaka?) to 1 hit kill mobs both of the fight. 

Also, don't forget to used AP up and Chocobo Bracelet kupo!

2 hours ago, PaintP said:

I played in Japanese so not sure about the name, but this is the 1st 6 man mission one right?

What I did was just use Quake 2 (Quaker?, Quaka?) to 1 hit kill mobs both of the fight. 

Also, don't forget to used AP up and Chocobo Bracelet kupo!

Yea yea, does that hit all mobs then??? im yet try that, gotta go through experimenting with everything new.

Has anybody found anymore Speed Ups or somewhere to buy them?? Only 1 so far but the description says 'bonus can't exceed more than 100%' which suggests more than 1???

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Yea yea, does that hit all mobs then??? im yet try that, gotta go through experimenting with everything new.

Has anybody found anymore Speed Ups or somewhere to buy them?? Only 1 so far but the description says 'bonus can't exceed more than 100%' which suggests more than 1???

Thanks for the tips with the AP Grind. I don't know if it's much better than the other method, because only people who fight gain AP, so 3 members gain 30, the other 3 60.

Still, I needed the warding materia maxed, putting Cloud + Chocobos Armlet + AP Up net me 90 x 3 x 2 = 360 AP per run, so maxed it pretty quickly.

Regarding Speed Ups, AFAIK there's only 1 in the game, but I could be wrong 

Died like 4 times to Sephiroth until I finally beat him. This fight is so cheap and rng I just hate it lol. Often he just aggro every healer like madman. I wish our teammate's AI was this good lol. Everything else was pretty easy in this challenge tbh (surprisingly). One tip I can give you for Seph is whenever he finishes Omnislash already put barrier from the menu, and healing for group and switch to the last char (the one not using anything). As soon as you get the control of the character, roll to the side to aggro Seph. I found out It's pretty much safe method to put buffs/heals. Otherwise, he might interrupt either healing or putting on barrier. Other than that, just pressure the fker. Hopefully, Zack one will be more manageable without Gilgamesh and Seph. Hopefully lol. But seeing how they nerfed Götterdämmerung, it might be another pain in the arse challenge.

30 minutes ago, LadyZero__ said:

Always fail at Sephirot or sometimes Alexander going mad and spam like a crazy

Yep it was the same with me. I either kill Alexander before he even does his limit break, or it's a shitshow. I would recommend saving Limit for Alexander and not using it straight away on first Odin stagger. And unloading two limits on Alexander which will get him rekt quite fast. Sephiroth is a different story. I feel like you need to be lucky in here, and everything need to play out right. I still think my win was a fluke. I managed to get him to second phase with two people in chains and Cloud with almost no hp on him lol. And after that, I just kept blasting. You just need to have RNG gods on your side. Or be super skilled to block/dodge all his bs (which I'm sadly not).