How many non-Platinum games did you complete?

12 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

This method of calculation will only work if you've also completed every last bit of the DLC trophies for all of your plat'd games, otherwise those games won't be included in your S-Rank total and your number will be off. So probably a bad assumption to make for most people.

Your numbers are probably too low.

You’re right - I hadn’t considered that.

Given that I have 14 games in “Platinum, Not 100%” status, then I guess my S-Ranked non-plat games are actually 152+14 then, so 166 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Could you maybe share with us whats your reason for this? I mean you do miss out on a lot of very good games this way

my backlog is literally in the 100s

I assume, like everyone else on this site, I have more games than I have time to play them

i’m already missing out on good games I actually want to play lol

also.. I guess it’s an intrinsic thing.. when the platinum pops it makes me “feel” like I’ve completed the game 

• Like 1

67 played without platinum and from those 54 are at 100%

I do prefer when a game has a platinum but I also don’t go out of my way to avoid non platinum games, If the game is of interest to me than I’ll play it. 

On 3/20/2024 at 4:42 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

my backlog is literally in the 100s

I assume, like everyone else on this site, I have more games than I have time to play them

i’m already missing out on good games I actually want to play lol

also.. I guess it’s an intrinsic thing.. when the platinum pops it makes me “feel” like I’ve completed the game 

Makes sense. I know the feeling you talk about. I just have it for achieveing 100% instead of the Platinum

Got a few, never actually counted them so might be a good chance.

- Outrun

- Twisted Metal Black

- MGSV Ground Zeroes

- Disc Jam

- Journey

- Star Wars Racer Revenge

- Kinetica

- Sly Minigames

- Monkey Island

- Monkey Island 2

- Tales of Monkey Island

So 11 games but 15 if you count Tales of MI as 5 separate lists.

I’m one of those who much prefers if the game has a platinum, not gonna lie.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

I have 19 non-plat games that are on 100% currently. I actually really enjoy playing these type of games especially between grindier/longer games. Some of my best experiences have even come from them, Firewatch, What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4), Don’t Starve, Valiant Hearts and Overcooked to name a few. 

Almost all the PS games that don't have a 100 % after several years of starting and I didn't finish I have are either due to broken trophies that were not fixed (Pinballistik's paid DLC and Friday The 13th for example), server closure, inability to play them later or just not having the motivation to finish them.

When I play just for fun and I want performance, there are better platforms for that than PlayStation. Classic PC games that were never ported or had awful ports or Xbox exclusives like Halo. When I play on PS, I start games with the intention of 100 % completion. The few games that are PS exclusives and interest me, but are locked out of a platinum, I play without signing into PS Network.

In short: the purpose of gaming per se isn't just trophies. But if it is not impossible, I aim to get all the trophies.

I think the whole trophy/cheevo system is in need of some fixing. It is paradoxical to force them on all games, but without any kind of quality control or accountability. The trophy lists should be more malleable.

Edited by Antiristus

Only 1, Taxi Simulator, I might have not realised it was shovelware until I played it (Was new at the trophy hunting, now I have nothing against shovelware, people can do what they want, but this game was bad even for that). I moved my car and got a trophy, so I just 100% since it was now stuck on my trophy list. Not what I expected, as I figured it was just driving around.

I do want to 100% Raji though, just haven't gotten to finishing it. Sadly has no platinum but I like it's an Indie game from India focused on Hindu lore, just you don't really get much games from South Asian, involving their cultures or religions (Not talking about those inspired by it but made in the west, and have no South Asian character at all)