The original version of MediEvil is coming to PlayStation Plus Premium, apparently

blue_blur_98

4 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

Are all the medievil games with trophies the same game? 

Same story but different versions. The PS1 is the original, PSP is a reimagining so follows the same story but has quite a few changes/additions, and PS4 is a like-for-like remake so it’s the same as the original but is smoother and prettier. 

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 8:18 PM, Breakingthegreen said:

5 Game Remakes That Added A New Character For The Better (& 5 For The Worse)

This guy from the PSP version that won't shut up about camels and kebabs if you stand still for more than three seconds. He also sounds like someone doing an impression of Apu from the Simpsons but worse, (but I can't prove that it's not a real accent, his voice actor isn't revealed anywhere). I hate him more because he was annoying tbh, I expect offensive things in older games, but being irritating is a bad combination because I now struggle to ignore this dude.

He makes be wanna stick Dan's head in a river to flush him out.  

I'm pretty sure it's Simon Greenall, the voice of the Compare the Market meerkat. He voices a few characters in it doing various accents and is in the Pursuit Force games doing other accents. People just didn't really care about that sort of thing at the time, especially not in England where the talent pool for voice actors is/was a lot smaller.

• Like 1

Even tho it is a bit weird that they're launching MediEvil 1 again with more trophies to get, can't really complain. This one has a very soft spot in my heart since it was the very first Playstation game I've ever played. Definitely will play it again for the gazillionth time! 🙂 This time, knowing the answer is chicken! 😂 But c'mon... Where's MediEvil 2? 🤔

11 minutes ago, iLmIgLiOrE91 said:

sorry guys but the game comes out on the 16th? and above all I know how to make all the trophies but the only one I didn't understand is almost a hero, do you have any ideas

For almost a hero just read the guide in medievil remake. You need to heal your army in the final stage before final boss

3 minutes ago, Ravendust said:

PS5 list is up and the games are going live in a few hours - can't wait to relive the late 90's nostalgia 😁

Games went live at about 8am in UK, access them via the PS app if they aren't showing on console. 

• Like 1

I bought the original on PS3 way back when but its still showing to buy for £7.99.

Is it showing as free for others to download if they bought it back on ps3? I've heard mixed things about whether psone games bought on ps3 are free or you need to buy them again when re-released on PS4/5.

1 minute ago, Dano23-19 said:

I bought the original on PS3 way back when but its still showing to buy for £7.99.

Is it showing as free for others to download if they bought it back on ps3? I've heard mixed things about whether psone games bought on ps3 are free or you need to buy them again when re-released on PS4/5.

As I’ve said some posts ago. I did buy it on PS3 in the past and now it costs 9.99€ for me. Another friend who doesn’t have it he can download it normally.

1 hour ago, papanikolaou said:

Well.. apparently MediEvil is 9,99€ for me. Maybe cause i bought it many years ago on PS3. I hope they fix that issue soon.

Yeah, same here, bought it many years ago on PS3 and it's $14.95 here in Australia... Now granted the games page still says that it releases at like 4am on the 17th (it's like 8:30pm on the 16th right now) so I think I'll just wait until I get up for work at 5am tomorrow or just when I get back later in the day.

Also worth mentioning that only Medievil is showing on the Store on my PS5 itself, the Alone In The Dark and Star Wars games aren't even though they do show in the PS App already 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jefXfree said:

For anyone that bought the game and didn't get the emulated version free please reach out to Customer Support and they should be able to assist.

This was the response that I recieved from PS support: "PS3 Version of Medievil is not compatible with the PS5. You can play any PS4 or PS5 game on your PS5. If you own a compatible version of the game you will be able to play it."

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Did you purchase the PS1 version of your game on the PS3?

They may have misunderstood the question.

Yeah i got it on the PS3 way back when. I've gone back to them to see if they misunderstood so will see what they say.