Kairos Gate Need Help !!!

I just got this, if you're just like me who hates Gauntlet runs and are horrible at them, plus you don't care about a Leaderboard, this way will give the Trophy, did it on my 2nd try, I'll mention what I did, here's my setup:

Put it on Story Mode, not sure if it matters

Equipment:

Omega Weapon

Minwu Waistcloth +2

Minwu Arm Ring +2

Can't Use Accessories or Items

With the Eikon setup, you will need 66,815 Ability Points total, if you don't have, you should be close if you did everything in game and both DLC's.

Reset your Eikon Ability Points, now learn everything in main circle to upgrade moves like Limit Break, except Will-o'-the-Wykes & Ignition, do not upgrade these, also only upgrade the moves listed below, they are the strongest moves for that Eikon, get them to MAX and to use:

1 - Eikon Titan w/ Titanic Block

Geruda's Arial Blast

Phoenix's Flames of Rebirth

2 - Eikon Bahamut w/ Wings of Light

Ramuh's Judgment Bolt

Bahamut's Gigaflare

3 - Eikon Ultima w/ Ascension

Leviathan's Tsunami

Ultima's Ultimate Demise

When you get enough Enhancements (EP) Points, upgrade Eikonic Ability Potency, Maximum HP & Maximum Defense, it's all I needed, because you pretty much just do Eikonic Abilities.

For Boons (BP) don't start using these till Round 14, you want enough saved up for the final rounds, use everything in the green up arrow, along with red arrow Recast Timer Reduction & Damage Boost.

Permanent Boons (BP) for all floors you'll want as soon as you can are Berserker Ring, Timely Evasion & Timely Focus (these last 2 will kick you off the Leaderboard). DO NOT USE Timely Strikes, it kept using my Eikonic Abilities immediately on my first run and I didn't have them cool downed for when I needed it.

Finally, it is important to have Limit Break Potency in Boons (BP) for Titan for when he does Earthen Fury, this will save you, Titan at Floor 15 killed me with his Earthen Fury the 1st time, so immediately after, if he knocks your HP to 1, use your Limit Break immediately, you should recover lots of health. Lastly, for all fights, keep your distance if you don't have any Eikons ready, really easy to not take damage. Always constantly press L2, to cycle through each Eikon to see if they're ready. Any weak enemies with low health, just attack them regularly and if you get to half health or so, use Limit Break to regain health, with all the Abilities used, your Limit gauge fills quickly.

Sorry so long, but this is everything I did and I'm horrible at these, if I can do it, anyone can. Also, hope it helps any new players.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

Currently uploading a video in FF Mode.

Aside from using Timely assists (Torgal and Evasion).

I strongly recommend to upgrade Defense ASAP, and also Boon Duration (1 Level) and keep buying the survival Boons as needed. Also upgrade the Boon potency as well, you won’t regret this.

I only had 2 upgrade in HP and rest was Attack and Ability (mostly Attack).

You MUST get the Will-o-the-Wykes ability, it absorbs damage and will save your ass. Flames of Rebirth also helps to recover recoverable damage.

I used Ultima Eikon to clean weak groups of mobs but for the most part I highly recommend Leviathan’s Eikon and use the water Shotgun, the DPS is insane, for real, keep spamming a Square then Triangle shoots combo and use the abilities only when the enemy is staggered to increase bonus %.

I struggled but I was able to do it using the following;

Eikons:

• Leviathan - Cross Swell / Tsunami
  • Bahamut - Impulse / Gigaflare
  • Ultima - Dominum / Ultimate Demise

Starting Boons:

• Timely Evasion
  • Timely Focus
  • Timely Assist

Strategy:

During Round 1, groups of enemies I would use Cross Swell then Tsunami to beat them

During Round 2, I would then charge up Megaflare with Bahamut (Press Circle then just dodge until Level 4) deactivate it, so its stored and kill the remaining enemies with Dominum etc

During Round 3, I would unleash all my special attacks like Megaflare, Impluse and Gigaflare then use the rest

On the next round screen I leveled up attack, and Eikon poficiy first then leveled up everything else.

On the temp boons I used them on HP regain so after battle and during battle

Don't sleep on Leviathan water shotgun ability, it is a really good ability i used it for many round 3 enemies.

Edited by wardragon989

if you doesn't care about score, just equipe leviathan and shoot yourself through all 20 circle, lmao, i barely get any damage with that stragesty, just spam square attack, it has insanse range and constantly burn down large monster/boss ki

once it stagger just rotate through diamond dust > Tsunami > dancing steel > gigaflare > ultimate demise > judgment bolt, guarantee noone can survive that insanse rotation, unless boss in 5/10/15/20 with little phase lock

beat all circle kairos on final fantasy mode that way

EP:

enchantment eikonic ability (max) > boon potency (max) > boon duration (1 or 2) > maxium HP (4) > put the rest into defense and attack or just max HP

BP: you can turn it on in 5/10/15/20 boss or before that depend on how many point you put in boon duration enchantment

you don't even need these for 5/10 boss, but if you want to play safe, turn on limit break potency incase you mess up

for 15 boss just turn on all green arrow, for 20 boss just turn on everything, you will have more than enough point to do it if you don't waste your BP for trash mob

gear: doesn't really matter

eikon: i use leviathan, odin and ultima, leviathan for large and boss (anything with shiny little ki bar), odin for zantesuken, and ultima to clear trash mobs, ultima ascension can stunlock these little shit really easy and has good AoE, not mention it can pull these little mobs with it last attack ready for other combo

PS: feel free to turn on berserker ring and magic auto-charge, it help increase your damage output a liittle but, especially auto charge magic work really well with leviathan serpent's cry and ultima ascension spam

Edited by ShariusTC
  • Like 2

Getting my ass kicked by trying this on my Final Fantasy Mode save.

Thinking about doing it on my normal difficulty save. However, is Kairos Gate actually easier there? Or does Kairos Gate have its own difficulty settings.

I wouldn‘t mind playing both DLCs on my normal save again to unlock Kairos, I just want to know if it‘s worth it.

• Like 1

Guys! How hard is the 100% of trophies in this DLC ?/10? I will jump into this just after RE0. I have all weapons upgraders from last DLC ect. Reading this topic make me think it will be quite hard...

Edited by Kessarath

4 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Guys! How hard is the 100% of trophies in this DLC ?/10? I will jump into this just after RE0. I have all weapons upgraders from last DLC ect. Reading this topic make me think it will be quite hard...

With the Timely assists on it's a 4/10 imo. The Leviathan final boss was the hardest thing in the dlc imo. The Kairos Gate wasn't an issue at all for me and actually got easier the more upgrades you got. Just be patient at times and don't spam attacks against bigger bosses and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaroncharles said:

don't spam attacks

This is the key. If you are using the auto evade ring you will still get hit if you are spamming attacks. Just wait until the enemy has just finished an attack, get a few hits in then wait for his next attack and auto dodge will work perfectly. You can also spend your EP on healing boosts (green) to make sure you start each circle with full hp just in case you do get hit

• Like 1

Man, this new DLC really helped me appreciate Shiva a whole lot more than the main game (both gameplay and lore-wise). Her Cold-Snap with Diamond Dust and Garuda's Gouge made most enemies' defense look like wet toilet paper.

Edited by Not_Too_Sweet
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Kessarath said:

I didn't find the Kairos gate too bad (on Final Fantasy mode, but not sure if it makes a difference). Busted out on Circle 4 on a blind run, then Circle 10 second time, then cleaned it out on the third run after looking up some tips (basically, use Ultima Ascension 3-hit combos to gather, stunlock and clear out the lesser mobs, and Leviathan's Serpent Cry square attack to annihilate the stagger bar for bigger enemies). Like other people have noted though, I think it actually got easier as it went along; I was pretty stingy with boons until the end, but I think once you get the right techniques and get far enough in you're probably fine. The problem is just that you CAN get wiped out pretty quickly if you lose your flow or panic, and it's a fair bit of time to lose if you do; I'd be very conservative in using limit breaks (unless you really have to heal), because they can really save you if you slip up. And don't be afraid to buy some healing boons if your health bar is starting to go backwards over time. But mostly I think people are just frustrated by how stressful it is to potentially lose a ton of progress, rather than the actual difficulty (at least, the difficulty with a strong build and cheesy tactics)- but if you can keep your cool doing Leech Hunter on RE0, you can keep your cool doing this!

Re the rest of it, there's one point in the Leviathan fight that I think most people (certainly I) had to restart a few times, but the mid-fight checkpoints are so generous it doesn't really set you back. And the new chrono-trial was a lot easier than some of the others in the base game.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your advice and tips. My first playthrough of the game on normal difficulty exhausted 100% of the content. However, I

was rushing through Final Fantasy mode, even skipping the Chocobo quest.

I finished the first DLC, but I thought that now with level 82 I will

complete absolutely every quest on Final Fantasy mode (on base game). I'll get back

into the game after a break, and it'll make it easier for me to finish

this expansion. I also, found a guide, maybe it will be useful to someone:

https://tigorestips.com/guides/ff-xvi-the-rising-tide-trophi

es-guide/

PS: This DLC is officially the last expansion for FFXVI right?

Regards!

why square enix now always add too hard trophies on final fantasy games , maybe because people have complain we want more hard challenge , and now every final fantasy game i play have trophies are too hard to win...

Final fantasy 14 online

Final fantasy 7 rebirth

Final fantasy 16 the rising tide kairos gate

Oh man why there is nothing accessibility for people to unlock final fantasy trophies now? 

i think the kairos gate is too hard for what i have see on vidéos youtube...

I think they are going to always add us too hard trophies forever...

Final fantasy accessibility is dead...

It doesn’t matter if you are in final fantasy mode it says it’s on action focused! It’s not that hard, Leviathan Eikon to spam range attacks which staggers enemies fast and it gives you time to dodge since you are out of range plus you have double dodge if you press it fast! Boons after 4th cycle I was buying the same ones!

damage boost every 2 rounds 

hp recover after battle 1 round 

Hp recover with perfect dodging 2 rounds!

built: Leviathan with tsunami ( always use it in first round) diamond dust 

Phoenix with gigaflare and flames of rebirth (good for small enemies) 

Odin: dance of steel and that lighting ultimate can’t remember the name of it! Hope it helps!

Edited by totakos1

12 hours ago, Not_Too_Sweet said:

Man, this new DLC really helped me appreciate Shiva a whole lot more than the main game (both gameplay and lore-wise). Her Cold-Snap with Diamond Dust and Garuda's Gouge made most enemies' defense look like wet toilet paper.

Most people play Leviathan or Omega but Shiva, when mastered, is really OP. When you get used to dodging with her, you can freeze anyone for free. I really enjoy Shiva and Titan's gameplay because they offer great rewards for people taking the risks to dodge or block at the last moment. Against Garuda or Barnabas who keep spamming long combos, it makes a huge difference. To me, i know Leviathan is certainly stronger in terms of DPS/Staggering but just spamming Square constantly like a moron doesn't seem fun at all nor even like a good strategy in FF mode.

If you just want to get the trophy, just use Timely Focus so you get the dodge prompt + Timely Assist (Torgal)

Get the Defense and Boon Duration Enhancement early on so you can have extra circles for Boons like Damage Up + Quick Eikon abilities cooldown + Healing

I used the following loadout

Odin - Dancing Steel + Will-o'-the-Wisp

Shiva - Giga Flare + Diamond Dust

Ultima - Ultimate Demise + Proselytize/Tsunami/Dominion (or Leviathan if you're not confident getting close)

You actually don't need to stagger every enemy to kill them;

*For Mobs, Ultima's R1 + Square x3 can pile them up together. I use Proselytize coz it has faster cooldown

or use Zantetsuken and Ultimate Demise. Dominion is okay, but sometimes I get hit. Tsunami is okay but has longer cooldown.

* For damage, Zantetsuken and Ultimate Demise

* Use Shiva's Dodge Freeze with R1 instead of Circle and then Dancing Steel so you can build up the Zantetsuken Bar

* Stagger high HP enemies with Diamond Dust + Ultimate Demise

You can watch some youtube videos to see the enemies, so you can strategize how you use your abilities.

I just did what I did for the whole game on final fantasy mode, just get zantetsuken to lvl5 and one shot the entire wave, shivas diamond dust on group enemies to refill berserker mode  and save that for healing 

Though never try dancing steel, if it doesn’t connect you can die in 2 seconds in the early waves. Just spam [ ] button to fill zantetsuken and let the game auto dodge for you

The red chocobo was the only one who almost killed me(berserker mode saved me as I was literally dead already)

Honestly I found Kairos Gate surprisingly easy given what I'd read about it before hand - I am definitely not particularly good at doing the combat in this game well and live and die by the auto-dodge ring.

I got through Final Fantasy difficult main game using the Zantetsuken build that did the rounds as generally being op, but not particularly smoothly - several deaths and lots of potion chugging in boss fights.

Then I went into the new DLC and decided to ditch that build and just see what I could come up with for myself working in the new Eikons that I found fun then ran into Kairos Gate using that same build and expected to struggle pretty much walked it without too much thought.

I did turn on both the auto dodge and the auto torgal boons which definitely help a lot, mostly saved my BP for the boss waves to by Damage booster, limit break boost and recharge timer boost with an odd heal after fight boost if I'd had a rough wave. Focused my EP into Eikon, Defence, Attack and just a couple of Max HP.

Then my Eikon build that worked well for me at least was:

Leviathan - Abyssal Tear & Diamond Dust

Shiva - Flames of Rebirth & Judgement Bolt

Phoenix - Gigaflare & Ultimate Demise

A lot of the choice came down to I just decided I wanted to try to make a build using only friends Eikons other than a little bit of Ultima. (ie no Garuda, Titan or Odin)

My basic was Leviathan was basic crowd control and stagger

Charged up Abyssal Tear whenever possible and then let lose when folks where spread out or as soon as something staggered to add to damage multiplier

Diamond Dust for generally pushing crowds away from me and big stagger.

Then using the tidal attacks to spam things from a range + very good stagger without spending recharge

Shiva was then my general DPS. Shiva base as the freezing dodge is handy for creating openings, then just two big booms that can control crowds or do some serious damage to a staggered enemy.

Phoenix was mostly big boy staggered DPS. Phoenix base as the dodge is great for covering ground. Ultimate Demise great for upping damage multiplier on staggered guys & damage, also a bit of a panic button crowd control if everything else on cooldown and getting swarmed & if something needed more than 1 cycle of staggering then it could do the big stagger hit whilst Diamond Dust still on cooldown.

Gigaflare was very much exclusively big boy is staggered, hit it with other stuff to build multiplier then pop limit break and fire.

The first boss took 1 stagger cycle, the second two took 2 stagger cycles, the fourth guy died just after second stagger cycle. Nearest I got to dying was in 3rd boos fight when I failed to dodge out of his annoying big circle aoe and got down to like 200hp

Other than that it was very much mash square, occasionally break mashing when can see a big hit coming so auto-dodge definitely goes off or if a big aoe you need to actively run out of.

• Like 1

When i have read the comments i have think again square enix put too hard challenge , but not for the kairos gate i win it on my first try , with the dodge ring bonus / all powerfull attacks primal / torgal auto attack/ i have up first the defense to level 5 , life pv to level 3 and primal damage to 120% on circle 19 and 20 i have loose 0 points of life.

The only thing todo is spam your powerfull attacks primal / run away wait it's recharge / back and spam it again.

Take care of Titan on circle 15 i dont know if he can one shot you same as the story.

And one last tip i can give , use temporary bonus on boss circles 5 10 15 and use more on circle 20.

everyone can do it! 

( on final fantasy mode i have win first try)

One friend said to me before i try it it's can be done on story difficulty and more easy. 

On 4/22/2024 at 4:18 PM, Mouton33 said:

why square enix now always add too hard trophies on final fantasy games , maybe because people have complain we want more hard challenge , and now every final fantasy game i play have trophies are too hard to win...

Final fantasy 14 online

Final fantasy 7 rebirth

Final fantasy 16 the rising tide kairos gate

Oh man why there is nothing accessibility for people to unlock final fantasy trophies now? 

i think the kairos gate is too hard for what i have see on vidéos youtube...

I think they are going to always add us too hard trophies forever...

Final fantasy accessibility is dead...

i don't try hard mode on FF7 rebirth yet, but FF16 and FF14 trophy not really hard at all, it's grindy, but not hard, kairos gate on 16 can be cheese with levi shotgun if you don't care about highscore on leaderboard and if you want you can just turn on auto dodge make it a joke, and i did it on FF mode btw

Edited by ShariusTC

FF 14 have very hard trophies to unlock , eureka / palace of dead / savage / criterions are really very hard to win. FF14 is a game impossible to finish it , except for the masochist people doing think no one can do it but only a 0.01% of people in the world.

Final fantasy 7 rebirth is the same way.

I am happy they added the dodge ring and bonus ring you can use on kairos gate if you add this with powerfull attacks primal ( they are long to re casting but you is invincible when you launch it).

happy it's not same as the seraphic gate in valkyrie elysium.

Here everyone can finish the kairos gate happy with this.

This was a very easy challenge to go through, but it was boring. If this helps you, I bought all of the timely boons, except timely attacks. Every fight I would purchase the restore HP after battle boon to make sure I stay healthy. I did it in FF mode.

The strategy is simple, use Leviathan, keep your distance, and spam circle. If an attack is coming your way, double-tap R1 and you should dodge it with no issue. 

Speed up the process by using large AOE skills like Tsunami, Rebirth Flame, and so on to kill big groups of enemies.

If you happen to take damage, use your limit break to restore a little. The HP up at the end will get you back to full. As for what to buy, and focus on survival, I prioritized Defense, HP, and then Attack enhancements.

Just get the autododge enhancement and you can't be hit. There is only a few moves that might hit you but with upgraded def and maybe a point or two in HP it will barely scratch you. Just avoid big circles basically. You can just spam :square:  and watch netflix if you want to, but that would take forever.