Fallout 4 To Be Exclusive To Xbox One?

Parker

So there are some rumors around that Bethesda and Microsoft are in talks to make Fallout 4 exclusive to the Xbone.  

Several details may have been revealed in regards to the upcoming rumored video game, “Fallout 4,” being exclusive to the Xbox One. According to a post from the NeoGAF forum on May 24, a user claimed that there has been some industry chatter around Bethesda Softworks signing a deal with Microsoft. As a result, “Fallout 4” could end up being one of the 15 exclusive titles that are being planned for release within the first year of the next-generation system’s lifespan. You can take a look at some screens from the predecessor, “Fallout 3,” in the slideshow at the top of this article.

The aforementioned Bethesda Softworks is the company that will be responsible for publishing “Fallout 4.” They previously handled the releases for “Fallout 3” and “Fallout: New Vegas.” The potential exclusive deal wouldn’t be the first between Bethesda Softworks and Microsoft as the two previously teamed up for the timed exclusive releases of the expansion packs for “The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.”

“Fallout 4” currently does not have an official release date.

Source: Examiner

Personally, I don't think this will happen. EA have already said it was a bad idea to make Titanfall a Microsoft exclusive so I don't imagine other companies would want to make that same mistake. Plus with the PS4 and Xbone being so similar to develop for the Sony console wouldn't be getting a shitty port (hopefully) like we did in the 7th generation so for a little more work Bethesda will have over 7 million extra potential customers just by releasing it on the PS4 as well. If anything I think it will be like last gen and Microsoft will pay to get DLC early.

Parker 

• Like 1

Yeah something like exclusive or early access to DLC seems more probable, I highly doubt Bethesda would be stupid enough to screw over the Sony guys (again) and the PC players especially. Doing something like that would be a PR disaster for them. 

Well if it was exclusive it would be console exclusive. Either way, it'd NEVER happen. Look at how much the last two Fallout games sold on PS3 even though they ran like garbage. It would cost a fortune for MS to offset. I can guarantee no one is happy about how Titanfall turned out, so I seriously doubt any big dev with a proven IP is going to go exclusive like that again. B Tier and niche games maybe, but not something of this magnitude. Timed DLC at best.

I just hope the rumors of Dragon's Dogma 2 being exclusive aren't true. I loved the first and Capcom is probably dumb enough to do it. 

Edited by graf1k
  • Like 2

I don't mind if it's an exclusive since I own a One and I see no problem with Titanfall being an exclusive. How else are they supposed to try to get people to buy their system?

Edited by Deth
  • Like 1

I agree with you i dont think this will happen, fallout is such a majour title that is anticipated by many and from what i've read on the internet ps4 is where the majority of players are at so i cant see bethesda making it an exclusive.

If microsoft could make this happen i dont know whether id be more made or impressed, fallout 4 on xbox one would pretty much be the only way id buy one but taking a new shiny fallout platinum from me would most likely cause me to riot haha.

Fallout 4 is one of the games I'm literally begging for being Fallout 3 was just mind blowing. Like most said about Bethesda they won't be stupid enough to follow in EA's direction.

Also I don't know why people make exclusive games in general, I thought it's not as rewarding/profitable that releasing the game on most platforms.  :| 

Can't we all just care and share for the love of gaming (slowly looks up to the sky and thinks to himself. What a beautiful sky  :rolleyes: )

• Like 2

More likely that it is adeal to get dlc earlier than Playstation - just like they did with Fallout 3.

If I was mirosoft I would be trying to tie up Fallout 4 as am exclusive, but I cant see it happening in the current climate - though its all about the money, and Microsofthave that...

It's not impossible. But M$ would have to throw a hell of a lot of money at Bethesda to make them consider missing out on all those juicy PS4 owners out there, who - lest we forget - some estimates say outnumber the XBone owners 1.5 to 1. I give Bethesda more credit than that but weirder things have happened.

• 4 months later...

I feel it might be timed exclusive but hope this isn't true.

Lets hope not. If anything I think it will be like last generation where the Xbox gets DLC first, I don't think they'll delay the whole game for the PlayStation. Of course after the Tomb Raider debacle I suppose I shouldn't be saying that...

Parker

Clickbait 101: Practical Application. I simply can't take this seriously considering the vapid nature of journalism in the industry. This just reeks of clickbait... most likely The Examiner picked it up from one of those sites with less emphasis on artistic integrity *cough* Kotaku *cough*.

Let's be real. An unnamed user on NeoGAF can talk all he likes but this is baseless rumour.

I don't mind if it's an exclusive since I own a One and I see no problem with Titanfall being an exclusive. How else are they supposed to try to get people to buy their system?

Not if its a big game like fallout. I didn't mind Titanfall because it was a new game and It started on Xbone and X360, but fallout.. fallout 3 was on all systems so if its sequel, or the next installment (however you want to call it) comes out on one system and one system only that would be a backstab to all the fans from multiple platforms. Same thing can be said if it were to be exclusive on ps4 only.