a little bland

Cordially_Tom

I don't want to bag on the game because I am enjoying it, but for how long they worked on this game you would expect more out of it. I'm not surprised by the multiplayer being poor because ubisoft always makes poor multiplayer (in my opinion).Its fun at first but it gets old quick because there really isn't much to it.

You contradict yourself so many times, you say multiplayer is poor, then say it's fun , you say you don't want to 'bag' on the game, but then proceed to 'bag' on the game.

2/10 would read again if desperate

Edit: Don't know why, but I found myself back here, looking at this post. Ever look back and cringe at the shit you used to post? Well, that's how I feel looking at this. I was out of line and apologise to the OP for being a twat.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

I never get this 'I don't want to grip on the game' If you've got a problem with the game just say so lol. The game looks well below it's level of hype warranted. Having poor driving mechanics in a open world GTA-esque game is criminal.

You contradict yourself so many times, you say multiplayer is poor, then say it's fun , you say you don't want to 'bag' on the game, but then proceed to 'bag' on the game.

Have you even played Watch Dogs or are you just here to mock the OP?

I kind of agree with what you are saying. The MP is extremely boring and I find it hard to sympathize with Aiden's problems.

He said it was fun.. at first. He doesn't want to bag on the game, but there's things he feels like need mentioning. You never felt that way? I don't want to say this.. but and you say it anyway. Same principle. Hardly contradicting himself.

Not sure why you even made that post, but what ever bro.

Tom I don't have a ps4 so I haven't played it and I honestly can't pay the same price for it on the ps3 knowing I'm getting an inferior product, so I'll wait.

Seems like the game was all talk and no action anyways. I think a lot of people agree with you.

Imagine racing with hacking things to fall and stuff

A game like that Does exist. Split/Second. It's a racing game set as a TV event, where you race around and trigger things to explode or drop or sweep across the track, even things that change the layout of the track like an airplane crashing, a train derailing, a dam bursting and more.

I see it's not on you're trophy list, but you should give it a look. It's very fun. Does get repetitive after a while once you've seen everything, but yeah, I found it a real joy to play. Too bad Split/Second Season 2 got cancelled.

Now, to say something on topic of this thread. I don't find the multiplayer to be bad or boring. I really enjoy it. The driving could be better, and the driving camera could definitely use some work. I've learned to take my thumb away from the right stick when driving. I'm still going through story so I can't comment on that til I've seen it all. But overall, I'm really enjoying my time on Watchdogs. I give it a solid 8/10.

• Like 1

A game like that Does exist. Split/Second. It's a racing game set as a TV event, where you race around and trigger things to explode or drop or sweep across the track, even things that change the layout of the track like an airplane crashing, a train derailing, a dam bursting and more.

I see it's not on you're trophy list, but you should give it a look. It's very fun. Does get repetitive after a while once you've seen everything, but yeah, I found it a real joy to play. Too bad Split/Second Season 2 got cancelled.

Now, to say something on topic of this thread. I don't find the multiplayer to be bad or boring. I really enjoy it. The driving could be better, and the driving camera could definitely use some work. I've learned to take my thumb away from the right stick when driving. I'm still going through story so I can't comment on that til I've seen it all. But overall, I'm really enjoying my time on Watchdogs. I give it a solid 8/10.

I loved every second of Split/Second, one of my favorite racers on the PS3.

Watch Dogs is basically the open world version of it :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've only played about 3 hours of it so far, but I am bored.

Also, is it just me or are all the controls bass-ackwards from what you expect? Muscle memory is causing me to leap out of moving cars when I want to hack things, leap over cover when I want to hide behind it, and enter cover when I want to hack something. It's like someone took the normal configuration of buttons and moved everything over by one button. My brain needs time to adapt I guess, but it's really annoying so far.

And yeah, 3 hours in and Aiden already comes across like a giant, mopey d***head who I really don't care for. I hope he lightens up. Jeez - who writes this stuff? It's not like there aren't talented authors out there.

And I am finding the driving ridiculously shonky, to the point where I groan out loud whenever a mission requires me to drive anywhere.

Like I say, this is all based on just 3-4 hours with the game, so I sincerely hope it improves the more I get into it.  And yes, I am ranting because, so far, I feel like I have fallen for the hype and wasted my money.

Put it this way, if what I have played so far was a demo for the game - I wouldn't buy it. 

Rant over. Hopefully, if I get the chance to play it again tonight, it will change my mind.

I remember playing it against my bro then something happened to me and after that '' Something '' happened I always started to finish last...  :unsure:  After about 10 more races I rage quitted the game and never played again :P Although I would love to play it now to avenge all my previous losses to them   :rolleyes:

Edited by Scorpions444

Well I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's not quite at GTAV standard for me, but the hacking mechanics are very fun and the missions are great. The online is also great fun for something different and as a distraction.

The only issue I have with it is how repetitive all the mini-games/collectibles are; the gang hideouts and fixer contracts are always good, but you can only do so many ctOS breaches... haha.

Overall it's an 8.5 for me personally... I could go into a lot more details about what I do and don't like, but seems like a fitting score for me :D

• Like 1

Originally I was really looking forward to this game, and actually enjoyed the campaign while playing it, but when I was done with it I realized it wasn't that great after all. Not really much of a story, strange main character, difficult to understand Aiden's deep voice, while he is overly focused on revenge. On top of the bland single player, the multiplayer was just pure and utter trash, nothing to do in free roam, with just two online game modes. Not to mention the crappy driving mechanics I encountered quite a few glitches, many of them online. Id say its a fairly easy plat, if thats what your into, if your not I wouldn't recommend it.

Really fun at first, gets a bit repetitive to complete, and then for those of us stuck at 98% it loses another point.  Currently I'm not interested in a sequel.  7.5/10

They really botched it with the money aspect, totally pointless having $2 million dollars and only charging $50 for supplies.  Thought the driving was fine, if not too easy, like most of the game.  Short campaign, and no replay ability is gonna hurt sales.  Once I did the online stuff I disconnected my internet, that about says it I guess.

Edited by audiopile

It's a decent game...but nothing exceptional. A lot of people described it as "GTA except you can hack stuff" and it's pretty much true. The story is acceptable but the characters are a dull bunch and there's not much reason to care about them or to become too invested in their stories (ESPECIALLY WHEN AIDEN IS SMILING THROUGH MOST OF THE BAD STUFF, EVEN VISITING HIS NIECE'S GRAVE, WHAT). The real highlight of the story was the Defalt chapter, and that was awesome - but much like my criticism with a lot of open-world Ubisoft games, the story never really achieved any points of amazing brilliance that wowed me (I've felt the same about Assassin's Creed since II).

The tutorial was clunky but the blackout was great. Side missions are in INCREDIBLE abundance but it's too bad that most of them either involve the hacking mini-game (which is kind of fun) or driving a vehicle from point A to point B. Criminal convoys are sometimes stupid because they ask you to disable one guy among 40 others shooting at you (sure), and the ctOS Breaches are the most tedious side mission that I've EVER done. Hacking people is good fun until you amass $1,000,000 by looking for music and become rich enough to buy every single item in the game five times over (bet they didn't think about that). DIGITAL TRIPS THOUGH.

The online is actually probably the best and most finely crafted part of the game. I really enjoy the thrill of hacking people while they're literally running past me, wondering if they'll see me, and I enjoy looking for other hackers (I don't like that this interrupts story missions, though). Online Decryption is boring, Online Races are...fun until you earn the trophy, and Online Tailing is fun (especially when you hide in a bush). I also like that you don't really know who you'll be hacking...but it sucks that you can't hack your friends.

All in all it's a decent game but you really have to wonder what they spent an additional 6 months working on. It'd get a 7 out of 10 from me because of the decent but unconvincing characters, incredible number of (repetitive) side missions, and a unique online mode.

It's a poor game. Bland story, wooden characters, and boneheaded gameplay.

If it weren't for the hype, this game would have flown under the radar.

It's so rife with bad design it's appalling for a AAA game in 2014. Can't climb down ladders. Have to manually select the next waypoint each time. AI won't react to enemy deaths unless they reach full alert. NPCs call cops if I'm chasing a criminal unarmed. Songs restart each time you enter a car. The same news reports repeat and override all other sound. Random crimes override all other sound. All hacks are simply hopping from one camera to the next. You earn so much money but have nothing you actually need to spend it on. Aiden chases thieves and criminals but spends the whole game stealing millions of dollars from innocent people. And that part in the main story when UBER PWNED was on the screen ... did teenagers from 2004 write this game? Not yo mention every character is a 40 year old dressed like a 19 year old at a factory rave.

It has completely failed to live up to its hype. A mediocre sandbox shooter where I can hit square to active stuff from a distance. Except when it randomly tells me 'out of range'. When the camera is right there.

It's a poor game. Bland story, wooden characters, and boneheaded gameplay.

If it weren't for the hype, this game would have flown under the radar.

It's so rife with bad design it's appalling for a AAA game in 2014. Can't climb down ladders. Have to manually select the next waypoint each time. AI won't react to enemy deaths unless they reach full alert. NPCs call cops if I'm chasing a criminal unarmed. Songs restart each time you enter a car. The same news reports repeat and override all other sound. Random crimes override all other sound. All hacks are simply hopping from one camera to the next. You earn so much money but have nothing you actually need to spend it on. Aiden chases thieves and criminals but spends the whole game stealing millions of dollars from innocent people. And that part in the main story when UBER PWNED was on the screen ... did teenagers from 2004 write this game? Not yo mention every character is a 40 year old dressed like a 19 year old at a factory rave.

It has completely failed to live up to its hype. A mediocre sandbox shooter where I can hit square to active stuff from a distance. Except when it randomly tells me 'out of range'. When the camera is right there.

out of range is for when the camera is too far away from Aiden and people said pwned only like 2 years ago, and some people prob still use it, like defalt.

out of range is for when the camera is too far away from Aiden and people said pwned only like 2 years ago, and some people prob still use it, like defalt.

No, it's the game's way of forcing you down a certain path. There have been loads of instances where I can't hack a camera I can very clearly see and is actually closer than one I can hack. It's like the invisible wall in Lake Michigan (where your boat literally thuds against it), just archaic design features that we should have moved away from by now.

Kids say pwned. Aiden and the other characters are very clearly not kids, but they dress like kids and speak like kids. It's like watching my dad wear a beanie and a nose ring while talking about MySpace. I'm still waiting for the part where Aiden can start skateboarding around.

For me the game completely jumped the shark with the whole Deadmau5 thing. Aiden chasing a man in a light up mouse helmet while driving a light up mouse car. UBER PWN indeed.

Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine

Kids say pwned. Aiden and the other characters are very clearly not kids, but they dress like kids and speak like kids. It's like watching my dad wear a beanie and a nose ring while talking about MySpace. I'm still waiting for the part where Aiden can start skateboarding around.

I had to hang my head in shame when they mentioned that one of the hackers was in it "for the lulz". That truly did it for me. Not the lack of collision detection on the top of the vehicles, not the trains stopping INSTANTLY as soon as an object entered their path, not the fact that you hack millions of dollars only for everything in the game to cost next to nowhere near what you have, not the pointless moral system, and certainly not the absence of effects that occur when you empty your clip into a river. It was the lulz.

I like the game...but I could truly spend hours on end picking apart what's wrong with it and questioning what possible reason there was to delay it for half a year. They really need to fix almost everything for the (inevitable) sequel, and if it's anything like the jump from AC to AC II, then I'll be happy. PLEASE MAKE AIDEN MORE EMOTIVE. I COULDN'T STAND TO WATCH HIM SMILE THROUGH THAT SCENE AT THE GRAVEYARD.

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

I had to hang my head in shame when they mentioned that one of the hackers was in it "for the lulz". That truly did it for me. Not the lack of collision detection on the top of the vehicles, not the trains stopping INSTANTLY as soon as an object entered their path, not the fact that you hack millions of dollars only for everything in the game to cost next to nowhere near what you have, not the pointless moral system, and certainly not the absence of effects that occur when you empty your clip into a river. It was the lulz.

I like the game...but I could truly spend hours on end picking apart what's wrong with it and questioning what possible reason there was to delay it for half a year. They really need to fix almost everything for the (inevitable) sequel, and if it's anything like the jump from AC to AC II, then I'll be happy. PLEASE MAKE AIDEN MORE EMOTIVE. I COULDN'T STAND TO WATCH HIM SMILE THROUGH THAT SCENE AT THE GRAVEYARD.

There is a slim possibility that anyone from Ubisoft would read this, but I gotta say, those are good cons other than some others that I've read (ex. GameSpot).