Would you do it again?

Jazzerman

Have you ever enjoyed a game so much that you would reset all your trophies for it (if you could) just to get them all over again? What would it be?

For me it would probably be the Fallout games or the Infamous games. Really enjoyed both of them.

(I know that this sounds counter-productive, but I've found that sometimes I have a hard time going back to a game that I've platted because I don't feel like there is anything to motivate me to play it. I find that sometimes this is the one big drawback to collecting trophies for me. This is another topic for another thread someday I think)

No. I don't play the games for the trophies. I only get them as a result of the playing.

Exactly. I don't play games for trophies, I play games for the enjoyment. When I get the platinum trophy for GT5 you can bet your ass I'll still be playing it because I love that game.

Parker

• Like 2

I've replayed probably 4 of my current platinum's. Uncharted 1 and 2, Heavy Rain and Tekken 6.

It was because I switched to a new PSN account (this one), so I had the opportunity to get them again. I wouldn't say I necessarily wanted to, since I'm not big on re-playing games from start to finish to begin with... but I did thoroughly enjoy all of the games the second time through (or in Uncharted 1 and 2's case... the third, fourth and fifth time through).

There are a few games that I would and will play again. Not so much for the trophies per se, but just becasue I enjoyed the hell out of them. Those would be:

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout 3

SKYRIM

Call of Juarez

Darksiders

LEGO games (all)

Uncharted Drakes Fortune

Uncharted 2

Battlefield Bad Co. 1

Battlefield Bad Co. 2

Medal of Honor

There have been games that I essentially platinum'd on PC, then decided to get the game again on PS3, and vice versa. Borderlands, Assassin's Creed 2, Burnout Paradise are a few that come to mind.

I know what you mean about having difficulty going back after getting a platinum. There's always that pile of games waiting to be platinum'd, and I feel like I'm wasting time by replaying a game I've already completed. Not that I'm against playing the hell out of an awesome game, but I'm sure there will be time to revisit later.

• Like 1

I can only move forward and newer look back, because the day I look back is the day I die.

lol well this is a good thing if you apply it on reality/life. But video games.....no, becasue there are alot of master pieces that you want to play it over and over and always come back to them when you feel the urge to it, in the end its for entertainment purpose being new or old games :)

Yea definitly there are alot of games I wanna play again. Well NGS2 I play it from time to time so its a MUST.

Other games like:

Assassins Creed I, II, B, R

Devil may cry 4

And more, trophies doesnt matter to me anymore, well atleast now. I'll get back to collect when I feel to :)

I guess it must just be me, but this whole Plat again nonesence just doesn't make ANY sense. I can see wanting to play a game again, but most of the time Platting a game has hardly anything to do with playing the game. Most of the trophies are going off on tangents, wierd circumstances or extreme bodycounts. Platting a game is more of an ego boost than it is a good time, but I guess in this Youtube era of "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME...LOOK AT WHAT I CAN DO DADDY," people just feel that they didn't get enough attention growing up.

Exactly. I don't play games for trophies, I play games for the enjoyment. When I get the platinum trophy for GT5 you can bet your ass I'll still be playing it because I love that game.

Parker

If you need some boosting done to you B-Spec drivers, share them and I'll help boost them via remote racing. I've been working with all the friends on my friends list, but you don't have any B-spec drivers available.

You make it sound like they are mutually exclusive.

I can kinda see where it may seem like I'm saying that, but all I'm really saying is I will never play a game simply for trophies. If I don't enjoy a game I won't continue to play it. If that means I have a bunch of games with low trophy percentages on my profile then so be it.

I'm not saying collecting trophies can't be fun, but simply I won't NOT have fun in order to get a trophy.

Parker

I can kinda see where it may seem like I'm saying that, but all I'm really saying is I will never play a game simply for trophies. If I don't enjoy a game I won't continue to play it. If that means I have a bunch of games with low trophy percentages on my profile then so be it.

I think that is going to apply to nearly everyone. I severely doubt there are many people out there that will continuously play games they dislike just to earn trophies.