I had hope in the Vita but...

InverseSquared

I love mine, but that's primarily because of how Sony has approached PS+ games on it.  Being a PS+ member for many years has given me an extremely large library of games to play, none of which I had to buy.

Apart from a few cheap purchases here and there, I really haven't spent much money on my Vita at all.

Edited by spencerisarobot

I have had Both a Vita & 3DS since Launch & Price drop respectively & I find myself playing on the Vita more these days.

The 3DS has a bunch of Great Games but the Vita is where I get my Joys from now more than ever.

Edited by Akira

Well the Vita is the best handheld id ever owned and I will never regret it. Every day after work I watch some youtube vids and play my favorite games. Mostly I go Vita trophy hunting. I enjoy playing games like Disgaea, Conception II , and Danganronpa. With the new games coming out this month it will be the best month. I might be planning on buying a 3ds for pokemon omega ruby but im waiting for a 3ds limited edition.

I wish the Vita would get more games as it is the best handheld I have ever owned (and I have owned quite a few since the big brick gameboy). That being said I still find great games to play on the Vita and have never regretted my purchase.

I can see where people come from, though, as it could be so much better if Sony would throw some more support behind it.

I love my vita and I use it everyday.

When I had to choice between the 3DS and the Vita I chose the Vita. The Vita has way more game I would play than the 3DS. 

IMO the Vita has a better selection of quality games than the 3DS and is a better all around handheld than the 3DS.

I been wanting to get a Vita since it's came out nearly but I can't justify getting one, the outrageous price of the memory cards aside, I know it'll end up like my PSP (collecting dust) The point about it having no games is bullshit though. There's a plethora of games out there for it, hell I've got a library of probably well over 30 games for it from Plus alone.

• Like 1

I only have three games for my Vita: Persona 4 Golden, Touch my Katamari, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (I do have borderlands 2 but that shit wastes so much memory, so i didn't download it.) but with just those three games alone I am having all lot of fun, I don't regret buying the Vita at all, hell I am getting Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth1 and later I am going to try to get Danganronpa and SOA: Hollow Fragment but I am currently broke as fuck because of College.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

My only reason for buying a vita was for Persona 4 and along the way I've picked up a lot more amazing games for it such as Danganronpa (Can't wait for danganronpa 2), Conception 2, To love-ru, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP... I swear the list goes on and on but there are so many more coming out that I'm looking forward to. Like Sword art online, hyperdimension neptuina rebirth.

It really is a great console but it needs more support. Also *Cough* FF7 Crisis Core remake *cough*

I love mine, but that's primarily because of how Sony has approached PS+ games on it.  Being a PS+ member for many years has given me an extremely large library of games to play, none of which I had to buy.

Apart from a few cheap purchases here and there, I really haven't spent much money on my Vita at all.

i still dish out cash when the sales come around. aswell as buy the collections and other games

I love my Vita for the JRpg's and Project Diva games, otherwise wouldn't have bought it

so it was all worth it for me, lastly all games i want are in this handheld so there is no other for me.

Have a lot hope myself as i played more Vita games in near 2 years more than i did on PSP for 5 years.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Sadly, my hope ran out...

I was stuck in the middle of choosing two amazing handhelds. The Vita? Or the 3DS XL? I chose the Vita in the end to satisfy my trophy hunting needs on the go and to enjoy some games. I thought it had a hefty amount of games, so I went for it and bought one. The Walking Dead bundle to be exact. And oh boy, was I happy.

A few weeks went by and I was playing tons of Vita games. Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Zero Escape, Gravity Rush, etc and then it hit me... I need more games than these. So I went out and bought Conception II and ordered the limited edition of Demon Gaze off the NIS America site. Later down the road, I picked up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Watched the anime and it ruined it for me, lol)

I then never touched my Vita for 2 months and ended up regretting all my purchases for it. I sold my Vita along with most of my games.

With the money I got I bought a Yoshi 3DS XL with Animal Crossing, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I never had this much fun when I played on the Vita.

In the end, I'll always have my 3DS XL, but more importantly, I'll always have my awesome PSP 3000 and PSP Go so I can play gems like Persona 3: Portable. Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.

I now have all the handheld games I could ever want without ever wanting to go back and get a Vita again.

As the PSP commercials said "Step your game up" because the Vita really needs to do just that, or it's game over for it.

Now what I want to ask is. How does everyone like their Vita? Are they enjoying it? Does it still hold up in 2014, almost going to 2015? Do you still play it as often as when you first bought it? I'd really like to see your input on this handheld.

For "playing" tons of Vita games, you only finished 1. You have 45 Vita games in your profile and the only one you finished, you probably did on your PS3.

I think everyone who says there aren't enough Vita games needs some perspective here. You all want this new cutting-edge handheld tech but you also want 10 years of game development NOW. If the Vita started out with an (original) catalog as big as PSP's, it seems like people like you would still be unhappy.

If you've already made your mind up (which you must have if you already sold your Vita and then espoused publicly about how you did so), you seem to be trolling Vita supporters.

• Like 4