I had hope in the Vita but...

InverseSquared

I own and have played Persona 4 on the Playstation 2. I didn't feel the need to buy it for the Vita. 

Also, I just couldn't get into any of the games that I had. I still put in 10 or even more hours into all of the games I owned and that adds up. I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice, Conception II. Virtue's Last Reward, Spelunky and Unit 13 but in the end, I was just never in the mood to go back to my Vita. I even had sealed copies of Deception IV and LEGO Lord of the Rings that I never bothered to play and ended up returning them. Other than Vita games, I played a lot of the PSP games I got digitally as well. I've put a good amount of time into my Vita and it didn't amuse me.

Well Persona 4 Golden is the definite version of the game, adding extra content to the original. Maybe PS2 veterans thought it wasn't worth it at full price but the game usually is on sale all the time on playstation store and is 20-25 retail which is definitely worth the investment. I dunno, whatever.

I think the problem why you got bored of the vita was the fact that you were playing too many games. From your OP you mention you were playing Uncharted and Gravity Rush but you needed more games. However looking at your profile you barely played either of those games or the games you purchased. Maybe instead of buying more and more games you should've just bit the bullet and played what you had.

• Like 1

I had hoped for more VITA ONLY GAMES but no, Vita imo i way not worth it, not enough games worth getting on it.All the PS+ games we get for Vita have been terrible and they keep giving us those awful Vita Lego ame. It would only be worth it if you like Japanese games, imo a Wii U is better to get seeing as it has way more games worth getting on it and has some great ones coming out, even the 3DS is way better. I would much rather play PSP then the Vita, even the PSP GO was a better idea than the Vita and well at E3 basically it was confirmed Vita is dead with only Vita TV announced for it.

How long before Sony pulls the plug on the Vita?

Edited by Wilbur Cobb

these topics are so annoyin... they're always written by either

1) ppl who don't own one

2) ppl who owned one, played it for 5mins then got rid of it because every game was rubbish?

3) ppl who prefer playin games systems

4) ppl who buy one only to complain about how expensive it all is...

the biggest complaint is always about a lack of games but it has a big library of games already... the only games it is lackin in is the big name dev games that we play on our consoles but if you buy a handheld expectin it to have all those big name titles then you'll be dissapointed... it is a handheld after all, it is meant to be a gamin snack to tide you over for a few hours... the ds has games but they're all the same and the only thing that seperates nintendo's handheld is pokemon, mario and monster hunter games- that's it...

is it not surprisin that the psvita has had little support with all the constant negative moanin about it, i've been playin on mine since i got it... i've been disapointed in only a handful of games so far but other than that i think it's awesome...

also the wii u has brilliant games out for it and has got brilliant games comin out for it?!... don't make me laugh

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 3

I absolutely love my vita. In fact I probably play it more than my PS4 and PS3 combined (I'm waiting for the big titles this fall, and then most of my time will be on the PS4). I have no regrets buying the VITA. I have not yet run out of games on it, and still have more games I have interest in buying for it. I do wish it would receive more AAA games. I know Sony is cutting back and letting third-parties take over, but I'd still like just 2 AAA Sony titles, which I think is reasonable. It would not surprise me if they have at least one or two big name titles in the works.

• Like 1

what ppl do is they buy it expectin to play full on system games like fallout, grand theft auto, arkham, rdr etc ect... after realise these games won't be comin out for it they check out the existin games and the ps store games then think meh!...

everyone is entitled to their own opinions but do they really have to keep postin new topics about it... there has gotta be hundreds of these already...

strange... we're somehow the same... in opposite way...

2 years ago I was torn also between 3DS XL and Vita.... Unlike you... I chose 3DS XL and I must say... it is really enjoyable experience... then when I have bought Vita... I almost never touched my 3DS since then... I dunno why... maybe the Vita games are more interesting for me than the 3DS games.... I still own both of them though and am looking forward to buy games in both systems.... 

• Like 4

I absolutely love my vita!! Although I would love to buy more games, I have to make do with the ones I have now and plat them (currently waiting for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, ToH R and Akiba's Trip). If anyone says there aren't games, well....

(though this is the US PSN site)

I can understand that some gamers want more exclusive titles for the Vita, though. It's a great little machine!!

I came here to tell everyone my story and share my experience with the Vita, be it negative or positive. You're not obligated to look at my forum post. If you don't like people and their opinions on the Playstation Vita, just ignore it. Simple as that.

I don't have the time for two handhelds. I'd keep the Vita if it interested me, but sadly, it doesn't. Glad to know you enjoy both 3DS and Vita though.

Huh nobody cares what you do with your Vita though,

for examlple what you think of 3DS is reverse to me (not interested in a single game of 3DS) it's all subjective.

You should have done your research better before buying a system, simple as that

so this topics are kinda useless (not trying to be meanie here)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

I don't mind mine, I just don't usually have the time to play it though because I have games on PS3 and PS4 I've been playing. I have about 5 or so pages of Vita games piled up that I need to play but never seem to get around to it. The store on Vita always seems dodgy to me though so I try not to use it too much.

Its the exact opposite for me. Outside of Streetpass, my 3DS doesn't get much play. Seriously, I struggle to bring myself to finish New Super Mario Bros. 2...and I love 2D platformers. The Vita is just 5 times more fun to play to me and a lot of it does have to do with Sony's direction geared more towards indie games, the PS + offerings (exclusives and cross-buys alike) and the trophy support. There are just far more games I'm looking forward to playing on my Vita than the ones still collecting dust for my 3DS. One day I will play them (I always end up doing so) but I dunno if it'll be anytime soon...

strange... we're somehow the same... in opposite way...

2 years ago I was torn also between 3DS XL and Vita.... Unlike you... I chose 3DS XL and I must say... it is really enjoyable experience... then when I have bought Vita... I almost never touched my 3DS since then... I dunno why... maybe the Vita games are more interesting for me than the 3DS games.... I still own both of them though and am looking forward to buy games in both systems.... 

Same story over here!

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

My niece who is 10 now was playing her 3dsxl and took a shine to my vita. She played Farming sim on it for hours and the said to her father..Daddy can I have a Vita please.

He say you have a 3ds handheld why do you need a vita?

She replied Yes Daddy but I am 10 now and 3ds is for kids.

Edited by Nasty_Rory
  • Like 1

I like my vita a lot and will continue to support it.  Its a shame but understandable that Sony is going very hard with support for the PS 4 compared to Vita.  Vita has struggled to sell in its 2+ years but the PS 4 moved 10 million in less than a year!

Even with Sony going so aggressive with PS 4, I hope the vita will continue to stay alive at least a few more years!