Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Nexomon 1. I love that series even if it is simplified compared with Pokémon, for example. The humour in it (and the breaking the fourth wall) makes me giggle every time and I love the art style. Not every ‘mon is amazing but there are a lot of cool designs. I’m going to move on to Nexomon: Extinction next but I think this is going to take me significantly longer to Platinum because of the more complexities added compared to the first game. Also there are more ‘mons to find lol.

• Like 3

#660 - Descenders (EU)

1L55fcb9.png

Platinum rarity: 1.29%

100% rarity: 0.37%

Was recommended this game a long time ago but never got around to trying it as I heard there were issues. A procedurally generated downhill racing rogue-like game. Pretty unique. I won't lie, the first few hours I played this I almost regretted it, I had multiple game crashes and a few times where my rider just went through the ground and ended runs (though it did get me the 'go 100kmh' trophy as my rider hit 600kmh flying through space and time). But, at some point it just clicked. Became more stable. Less crashes. No crashes for hours. I started getting into it. Majorly into it. It felt so exhilarating getting better, fighting through the frustration of a failed run.

I still didn't think I'd get the platinum. The perfect run was eluding me, I had nearly done it on my second time getting to the end, every attempt after that felt worse. The frustration of doing a perfect run for 20-30 minutes only to fail on the last thirty seconds was heart-breaking. Yet I was determined. The day I got it I yelled out, fist-pumping the air, and at that moment everything just went so smoothly. Nothing was beyond me, not even the 100%. In the end, I managed to sneak in a fastest achiever spot too.

To those who decide to go for it, I will say that I heavily disagree with the trophy guide here saying this is only a 5/10 difficulty. I would put it at about 8/10 for the platinum and 9/10 for the 100%. A really good game worth playing, so long as you can persevere through a few technical hiccups here and there.

• Like 4

Resistance: Burning Skies on the PS Vita.

Nearly didn't attempt this because the online (required for 1 trophy) was totally dead, I would sit for hour after hour waiting to get in an active lobby...

Anyway, my patience with the game paid off, what I will say is that the game is fairly decent, quite short, decent graphics but diabolical script/voice acting which if I am being honest is probably the worst I have ever seen in a video game.

The gun play was top notch, very easy to aim and very responsive overall.

My scores...

Fun 7/10

Difficulty 2.5/10 (a couple of bosses took a couple of attempts)

Time to complete: Maybe 8 hours at a very slow take your time pace, could be done in half that I am sure.

I do recommend this game, but that 1 online trophy can be a nightmare... and the fact you have to buy a pass in order to basically go online and get 1 trophy is like selling the platinum trophy to gamers.

Taking all of the above into account I would rate Resistance: Burning Skies in 2022 a solid 6/10 let down only by the dead multi player and terrible script.

• Like 2