Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum 148 - Strider (PS4)

What to say about this game? It serves as great warning to people who harp on about wanting updates of old games - you might actually get one! 

A substandard run through seemingly-infinite similar looking corridors following a marker, killing boring NES style bosses, either cutting the low level enemies down like paper, or getting constantly stun-locked later in the game. The controls are a mess (lost count of how often i got stuck on the geometry in the middle of fights), game-crashes are abundant, slowdown is a big issue later in the game, and to top it off - it requires a huge amount of backtracking for collectibles with no fast-travel system.

A joke - 2/10.

Haha great review mate :P

I agree that a lot of it was quite silly/boring, but I never had any issues with constant stun-locking or getting stuck on geometry (or game issues or slowdown). Also, there is a fast-travel system of sorts (the blue tiger things), although I do agree it was quite frustrating; I had to go for at least 20 minutes through 4 whole sections just to get one last collectible :'(

I think I gave it a 7... but I can definitely see why you gave it lower; Guacamelee was infinitely better :P

• Like 1