Most Recent Platinum

Muff

I am now officially a SSX expert. In other words, I got the platinum for SSX, a few days ago.

Enjoyment: 7/10. The gameplay was great fun, but there were some grindy and boring trophies, and I was very happy after they were over.

Difficulty: 7/10. There certainly are some challenging trophies. There was one in particular which did seem a bit impossible at first, but once you know what you're doing, it's very doable. Challenging, but not insane.

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 2

I can't understand why Rockstar has abandoned that game. 

Congrats on the plat. And maybe that's because of the whole "bully" theme, which is something highly controversial on many countries. Even the original game had a great amount of controversy surrounding it, which is why its name was changed to "Canis Canem Edit" on PAL territory instead of Bully.

Congrats on the plat. And maybe that's because of the whole "bully" theme, which is something highly controversial on many countries. Even the original game had a great amount of controversy surrounding it, which is why its name was changed to "Canis Canem Edit" on PAL territory instead of Bully.

Thank you. That's shame. Those overly sensitive butthurt people really make me pissed off. Can't they just understand it is just a god damn game? From my perspective, this game isn't any worse than GTA when it comes to morals

Thank you. That's shame. Those overly sensitive butthurt people really make me pissed off. Can't they just understand it is just a god damn game? From my perspective, this game isn't any worse than GTA when it comes to morals

Yeah, but I guess psychological violence is seen as something worst than physical violence on many countries. Themes like racism, homophobia, bullying, etc are taboo things that are mostly avoided on mainstream media. Meanwhile blood, explosions, death, etc is something seen as "normal" and allowed on popular movies, games, TV, etc...

Not equally fair in my opinion.

Still on 2009 some composer said he was making the OST for Bully 2, but nothing has been said about it since then.

Edited by Gevirein

Yeah, but I guess psychological violence is seen as something worst than physical violence on many countries. Themes like racism, homophobia, bullying, etc are taboo things that are mostly avoided on mainstream media. Meanwhile blood, explosions, death, etc is something seen as "normal" and allowed on popular movies, games, TV, etc...

Still on 2009 some composer said he was making the OST for Bully 2, but nothing has been said about it since then.

I saw a picture a while ago, it was something like old times vs now picture. Before part,  there were 20 years old soldiers on WW II with the writing on it " 20 years old going to shore when there is a machine gun firing at them, high possibility of death" and now part, 20 years olds now need a space because words can kill.

Your post remind me of that picture. Sorry by the way l googled but failed to find.

Ah, how humanity failed.

• Like 1

I saw a picture a while ago, it was something like old times vs now picture. Before part,  there were 20 years old soldiers on WW II with the writing on it " 20 years old going to shore when there is a machine gun firing at them, high possibility of death" and now part, 20 years olds now need a space because words can kill.

Your post remind me of that picture. Sorry by the way l googled but failed to find.

Ah, how humanity failed.

This is interesting.

When I played through GTA: San Andreas and GTA V, I don't think I ever came across a mission or a situation where the characters would discuss racism, homophobia and bullying beyond just a couple of sentences. San Andreas is a video game representation of early 1990s Los Angeles that was rampant with racism, crime, dominant gangs and issues involving police. Whereas GTA V focused on the present day, what with all of society's flaws, misrepresentations and exploits of every day life. Michael is an unhappy, retired bank robber and Trevor is a psychopath high on methamphetamine. But neither character really discussed homophobia. I expected Franklin to mention racism in several instances, but as far as I know I haven't heard them. 

Mainstream gaming has mostly avoided homophobia and bullying because those are mostly seen as a red flag. Two games I've just recently platinumed are story driven, but have both avoided these taboo subjects. I expect the other Telltale games I'll be playing to avoid these topics as well.

• Like 1

This is interesting.

When I played through GTA: San Andreas and GTA V, I don't think I ever came across a mission or a situation where the characters would discuss racism, homophobia and bullying beyond just a couple of sentences. San Andreas is a video game representation of early 1990s Los Angeles that was rampant with racism, crime, dominant gangs and issues involving police. Whereas GTA V focused on the present day, what with all of society's flaws, misrepresentations and exploits of every day life. Michael is an unhappy, retired bank robber and Trevor is a psychopath high on methamphetamine. But neither character really discussed homophobia. I expected Franklin to mention racism in several instances, but as far as I know I haven't heard them. 

Mainstream gaming has mostly avoided homophobia and bullying because those are mostly seen as a red flag. Two games I've just recently platinumed are story driven, but have both avoided these taboo subjects. I expect the other Telltale games I'll be playing to avoid these topics as well.

Yeah, one of the most recent examples that I can recall of explicit homosexuality in a game is The Last of Us, with that lesbian kiss scene (that I won't spoil just in case). And in the main game it was implied that another male secondary character was gay too. 

Still like you said is not discussed that much on the game as far as having 1 or 2 scenes at most dealing with such themes. 

L99ac32.png

Plat # 67 Ether One

First real plat on ps4 ignoring Sound Shapes :D

Easy game to finish. I used a guide for collectibles when i was at the end of the game and had found all ribbons in 3 of 4 areas. Hadn't even realised where the entrance of the 4th was xD going after 100% weren't possible without a guide.

Good adventure :)

Worst thing are technical issues though... couldn't start this game with 2 savegames on my console... it froze sometimes when loading a save, so i pushed through the whole day without quitting  xD  always froze when going from Pinwheel Harbor to Village :( made me start all over 2 times....

So that's why i needed several starts to get even to the half progress of this game :S

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 4

This is interesting.

There is no homophobia in Bully as well. If you pointed these out because l typed l about morals and gta, while playing gta you can go crazy and randomly shoot everything and everybody. Bully on the other hand, all you can do is using your nerd toys to throw some fire cracker rockets ( deadliest ) or taunt them.

I guess the whole world is becoming too much American like " hey! Shooting people is normal y'now it is my god damn right! In fact l dont like your opinion l am going to shoot you! "

Gotta make Uncle Sam proud l guess :D

To clear myself, l like doing things that l can't / don't while gaming thats why l think it was a shame.