Most Recent Platinum

Muff

One step closer on the road to 100... #96

1L619460.png

:platinum: 100% Complete :platinum:

Earn all the LittleBigPlanet Karting trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

LittleBigPlanet Karting

This game has the dubious distinction of having one of the most unstable and unusable multiplayer modes in recent memory. If you want to play with your friends, you can pretty much forget about it. Assuming you can even get into a playgroup together (the other night it took 20 minutes for me and ONUOsFan to do so), you are almost guaranteed to be disconnected again after a race. Sometimes you'll be sent back to your pods separately for no reason. Sometimes the servers themselves will just stop working, disconnecting you completely from the multiplayer. 

I understand that Media Molecule didn't make this game, but they should be ashamed of what United Front did to their name. And speaking of United Front, you'd think that the creator of ModNation Racers could turn this game into something halfway decent. Sadly, this crap falls short of the high standard set by both series.

Curious design decisions plague this game. Why do the story planets contain two versions (online and offline) of each story level? Why does the game return you to the main menu after you complete a community level, forcing you to go through the menus to get back to the community? Why did I talk myself into playing this game? (The answer to that last one is easy. I needed a filler plat until BioShock Infinite came out)

As kart racers go, the mechanics aren't the worst, but the AI can be as frustrating as Mario Kart. The game seems programmed to kill you as soon as you fire your weapon. I can't even count the number of times I was in second place, fired a shot at the guy ahead of me, and immediately a missile was on my tail. The same bullshit "blue shell" missile is present in this game as well. Sometimes you'll go off track but the game won't register it, so you might as well restart. 

In short, you should probably steer clear of this game. And yes, the pun was sadly intended.

They should have just done Modnation racers 2, but I guess they thought LBP would sell more,it's disappointing.

I mean, did modnation not sell enough? It's a decent kart racer with GOOD online.

Congrats anyway, I'm still away from getting it myself.

One step closer on the road to 100... #96

1L619460.png

:platinum: 100% Complete :platinum:

Earn all the LittleBigPlanet Karting trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

LittleBigPlanet Karting

This game has the dubious distinction of having one of the most unstable and unusable multiplayer modes in recent memory. If you want to play with your friends, you can pretty much forget about it. Assuming you can even get into a playgroup together (the other night it took 20 minutes for me and ONUOsFan to do so), you are almost guaranteed to be disconnected again after a race. Sometimes you'll be sent back to your pods separately for no reason. Sometimes the servers themselves will just stop working, disconnecting you completely from the multiplayer. 

I understand that Media Molecule didn't make this game, but they should be ashamed of what United Front did to their name. And speaking of United Front, you'd think that the creator of ModNation Racers could turn this game into something halfway decent. Sadly, this crap falls short of the high standard set by both series.

Curious design decisions plague this game. Why do the story planets contain two versions (online and offline) of each story level? Why does the game return you to the main menu after you complete a community level, forcing you to go through the menus to get back to the community? Why did I talk myself into playing this game? (The answer to that last one is easy. I needed a filler plat until BioShock Infinite came out)

As kart racers go, the mechanics aren't the worst, but the AI can be as frustrating as Mario Kart. The game seems programmed to kill you as soon as you fire your weapon. I can't even count the number of times I was in second place, fired a shot at the guy ahead of me, and immediately a missile was on my tail. The same bullshit "blue shell" missile is present in this game as well. Sometimes you'll go off track but the game won't register it, so you might as well restart. 

In short, you should probably steer clear of this game. And yes, the pun was sadly intended.

I tried the Beta, but I didn't like it. I thought, if they'd used the energy bar system from Modnation (earn energy via stunts and attacks, spend it on boost or shield) it probably would've been far better. But, as it is.... no. Just no.

Anyhoo... just nailed my 68th Platinum with Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. It took me 11 months from earning my first trophy. Those bloody Tech Orbs were tedious as hell. The rest of it was mostly easy. Now I just need to do the DLC to finish it off.

• Like 3

#5 Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk

1Lbe34e2.png

Great story this is the the first Atelier game i have played i really liked the story and the synthesis system also i bought the game because the characters appearance is that of an anime anyway awesome game Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk is

That is one sweet-looking platinum.