Getting a PS4 soon! (Best games suggestions?)

RedSkyKing

I like racing and FPS games, I also love horror games. I have no idea what the PS4 has to offer and that's where you guys come in, what do you think I'd like? (I already know about watch dogs and I'm not a COD fan)

Also is the PS4 backwards compatible at all?

Thanks!

Horror games I'd recommend both Outlast and Daylight, they're both first person games which made me jump at least a few times. Also check out PT on the store for free, easily the scariest game I've played in ages, maybe ever. TLoU is obviously great if you haven't already played it, not scary, but definitely horror themed.

The only FPS I own right now is Killzone Shadow Fall. Single player is decent, nothing special. The MP is really fun though.

I would recommend you Wolfenstein: The New Order. Best FPS-game I've ever played. And it looks like you haven't played The Last of Us, so get the remastered version.

If you're considering the Watch Dogs, skip it. You lose nothing if you don't play it.

I would recommend you Wolfenstein: The New Order. Best FPS-game I've ever played. And it looks like you haven't played The Last of Us, so get the remastered version.

If you're considering the Watch Dogs, skip it. You lose nothing if you don't play it.

I disagree. Watch Dogs can be had for pretty cheap these days and I definitely feel it is worth $20 or so, and with eBay it shouldn't be hard to find a copy in good condition for that price, in America at least. 

As for the OP, CoD and Battlefield are always fun but I'd also recommend The Last of Us Remastered and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Since you're into racing games you should check out a game called Project CARS, it is releasing for PS4 fairly soon and it is going to be amazing. If you're interested in it, take a look at the thread below. 

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/18812-project-cars-general-discussion/

Parker

well there really isnt much games/choices yet at least good ones..... but

Wolfenstein The new Order and probably Killzone Shadow Fall for fps atm

The Last of Us RM is a must try , also the Tomb Raider game if you havent played on ps3 and probably the new inFamous game would be fun.

my Ps4 library probably wont grow much till next year.

• Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Guacamelee: STCE
  • Hotline Miami
  • Resogun
  • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Besides Resogun and KZ they're all ps3 games. Due to the lack of games currently available I wouldn't recommend buying a PS4 for a premium price with little to show for. If you really want a PS4 why not get a Destiny bundle?

I have been a Playstation 4 owner for 8 months. Post may seem long but it's just recommended games and a shot description of why each is good.

Am not suggesting that you buy every good game but I will suggest a few and you can decide if you'd like them.

You can check out this thread that I made for people's favorite games on the PS4 console. I listed the top 10 best games in my opinion there as well.

Battlefield 4 - You said you like FPS, this is one of the most impressive Multiplayer FPS that I have ever played, it's still going strong and will be for a long time. Only on the PS4/XBOX ONE version there are huge 64 player battles with tanks, battle boats, armored cars and a lot more. Have no regret of getting this game, not sure why more aren't recommending it, best multiplayer FPS on the console right now imo. Single player less impressive but still fun.

The Last of Us Remastered - It's cheaper than most PS4 games due to being a remastered version of a game a year old but it's definitely worth it if you don't have it for the PS3, it has a huge amount of Multiplayer maps, the multiplayer is really good and fun. The story is amazing and is very long, there is a secondary campaign called Left Behind too which is just as amazing. Easily the best PS4 that I own.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - This is a great game if you are an AC fan or not. Hours and hours of exploring, story and just so much more, there is so much too do, the open world is massive with huge islands and loads of water you must use your ship to pass. Game is easy to get into and very engaging, even the present day missions are interesting in this game. An amazing game that I would recommend to anyone. Game looks beautiful on the PS4 and plays greatly.

Killzone Shadowfall - A great FPS exclusive, the single player is long, interesting challenging and really fun. The multiplayer is great and will make the game last longer, it has 24 player battles and is still going strong, I keep going back to it, it's very fun. I recommend anyone with a PS4 to get this game.

Wolfenstien: The New Order - This is a very fun FPS above killing nazis, though it is only single player and the campaign is pretty short. The game has both sweet stealth with silenced pistols and knives and fast paced double wielding gun shooting. Every weapon in the game can be duel wielded. Game is full of very gory violent nazi killing.

inFAMOUS SECOND SON - Very easy and fun game, seattle is huge and fun to fly around, story is engaging though it is short and this is just a very fun and engaging game in general, with the interesting superpowered people story.

Resogun - This is the only PSN game that I am recommending as the others aren't really worth buying right now in my opinion but this one is amazing. 5 level arcade mode may sound short but this is so much and you will want to replay it a lot. It features both online and local co-op and it's a great exclusive, anyone with a PS4 should try out this game. Pick a ship then defend the last humans and try to get the best score possible in one of the most engaging arcade style games.

I really recommend downloading the F2Ps (DC Universe Online, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution and War Thunder), all of them are very enjoyable and Free.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

No one mentioned Transistor for a PS4 PSN game. A great strategy rpg game. Great story. Soundtrack is one of the best I've heard on a PSN game. Takes a little time to get used too, but great fun.

Of course Last of Us Remastered, MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Watch_Dogs takes like a couple of times getting through a bunch a missions but its fun.

Infamous: Second Son has the best graphics I've ever seen on console and is probably the best Infamous game yet IMO even if it is a little short. TLoU Remastered (if you didn't get it for PS3) is also quite good. and Outlast is a fun horror game although it does get repetetive.

I'm thinking there should really be a "What Game Should I Get?" thread. :hmm:

But on topic, I don't have a PS4 yet but there are some really great games that are on the PS4 at the moment. Here is a good list.

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Action-Adventure)
  • Child of Light (Platformer + RPG)
  • Contrast (Puzzler + Platformer)
  • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (Shoot 'Em Up)
  • FIFA 14 (Sports)
  • Flow
  • Flower
  • Guacamelee!: Super Turpo Championship Edition (Platformer)
  • InFamous: Second Son (Action-Adventure)
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (First-Person Shooter)
  • Mercenary Kings (Shoot 'Em Up)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Action-Adventure + Stealth)
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect (Mystery)
  • NBA 2K14 (Sports)
  • Need for Speed: Rivals (Racing)
  • Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! (Platformer)
  • Outlast (Survival Horror)
  • Rayman Legends (Platformer)
  • Resogun (Shoot 'Em Up)
  • Sniper Elite III (Shooter)
  • Strider (Platformer)
  • The Last of Us: Remastered (Action-Adventure + Survival Horror)
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Action-Adventure)
  • Transistor (Strategy RPG)
  • Trials Fusion (Racing)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (First-Person Shooter)
There is also games coming up like Metro 2033 Redux, Destiny, Madden NFL 15, etc.