You're not a true gamer!

Capreb

Pffft.

Bitch please - my Gran was a true gamer - played Scrabble like a motherfucker...

Play games? Gamer.

She was one of those badass fuckers that could get Q and X into the same word!

My granny played draughts - (checkers), my granda played cards.

Thats gamer dna right there!

• Like 1

I don't categorise people into who's a gamer and who's not and frankly I don't care - however, I will admit that when it comes to trophies, I can lose respect to someone's gaming choices if they trophy whore a lot.  I always go back to the good ol' golden question: You wouldn't do that on PS2, would you?  But again, that's my opinion.  In the long run, all that matters is if the person themselves are nice, respectful and don't judge others. :)

• Like 2

I don't categorise people into who's a gamer and who's not and frankly I don't care - however, I will admit that when it comes to trophies, I can lose respect to someone's gaming choices if they trophy whore a lot.  I always go back to the good ol' golden question: You wouldn't do that on PS2, would you?  But again, that's my opinion.  In the long run, all that matters is if the person themselves are nice, respectful and don't judge others. :)

I understand that is your opinion but I personally think that is a pretty ignorant opinion to have. I've been called a trophy whore by a few members (which if you look at my list is absolutely laughable) because I have Megamind and Terminator Salvation on my list. What they obviously don't realize is that I played Megamind with my 4 (3 at the time) year old son and I played Terminator with my wife. Judging someone based off their trophy list when you don't know their circumstances isn't a wise thing to do. That is just my opinion though and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

Parker 

• Like 3

I understand that is your opinion but I personally think that is a pretty ignorant opinion to have. I've been called a trophy whore by a few members (which if you look at my list is absolutely laughable) because I have Megamind and Terminator Salvation on my list. What they obviously don't realize is that I played Megamind with my 4 (3 at the time) year old son and I played Terminator with my wife. Judging someone based off their trophy list when you don't know their circumstances isn't a wise thing to do. That is just my opinion though and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

Parker 

Just before I respond, I wanna say thanks for being mature in your response.  I admire that. :)

I know, what I said sounds pretty ignorant in text... it's so difficult to put into words what I mean.  Whenever I try to explain it to people they never understand but basically I've dealt with some people who were real assholes in regards to trophies towards me and others and it's left a real sour taste in my mouth.  It's just that when I see someone with like a 2 hour platinum in a VN or something like that I just think to myself "Damn, this isn't what gaming is about."  You know?  I won't delve into the details, anyway, since it probably won't help my case.  But as I said I don't judge a person through them at all - like I said, all that really matters in the end is if they're a kind and respectful person, and trophies are so trivial.  But whatever.

• Like 2

Just before I respond, I wanna say thanks for being mature in your response.  I admire that. :)

I know, what I said sounds pretty ignorant in text... it's so difficult to put into words what I mean.  Whenever I try to explain it to people they never understand but basically I've dealt with some people who were real assholes in regards to trophies towards me and others and it's left a real sour taste in my mouth.  It's just that when I see someone with like a 2 hour platinum in a VN or something like that I just think to myself "Damn, this isn't what gaming is about."  You know?  I won't delve into the details, anyway, since it probably won't help my case.  But as I said I don't judge a person through them at all - like I said, all that really matters in the end is if they're a kind and respectful person, and trophies are so trivial.  But whatever.

I appreciate it, and thank you sir for being mature as well. I've always liked PSNP because this website seems to have by far and away the most mature and friendliest user base, members like you continue to prove that to me. Kudos, sir. 

I can completely understand that. Unfortunately some people (I honestly believe it is a vocal minority) take things way too far when dealing with a differing opinion and I can definitely see how that would leave a sour taste in your mouth. I just wanted to give you some insight as to why some people might have "kiddie" or "girly" games on their list. Of course there is also some people who just genuinely enjoy getting trophies, no matter what game it is from. I can't say I subscribe to that train of thought but as long as they're enjoying themselves, who am I to say anything? 

Gaming is meant to be fun, some people have fun with the games themselves and others have fun simply popping trophies. There is no right way to game, unless you're not having fun while doing so. In my opinion, of course.  B)

Parker

• Like 2

I appreciate it, and thank you sir for being mature as well. I've always liked PSNP because this website seems to have by far and away the most mature and friendliest user base, members like you continue to prove that to me. Kudos, sir. 

I can completely understand that. Unfortunately some people (I honestly believe it is a vocal minority) take things way too far when dealing with a differing opinion and I can definitely see how that would leave a sour taste in your mouth. I just wanted to give you some insight as to why some people might have "kiddie" or "girly" games on their list. Of course there is also some people who just genuinely enjoy getting trophies, no matter what game it is from. I can't say I subscribe to that train of thought but as long as they're enjoying themselves, who am I to say anything? 

Gaming is meant to be fun, some people have fun with the games themselves and others have fun simply popping trophies. There is no right way to game, unless you're not having fun while doing so. In my opinion, of course.  B)

Parker

Well said!   :highfive:  Really all that matters is we enjoy what we do, whatever it is that we do.  And if they're truly enjoying it, then who am I to judge.   :lol:

Well it all depends on how serious one takes trophy hunting, like for example people could ask me why I have Hannah Montana on my list, sure you could say I done it purely for trophies (which isn't true) but the actual reason was as a joke, making predeterminations unfortunately is natural in human nature but it's good to take a step back a decide whether that conclusion is justified or not.

Edited by MrManBuz
  • Like 1

Trophy hunters or Trophy Whores,!!!!!......... In the End it's Games obsession or Race we r dealing with.

The purpose of any game is first to benefit all those who have opted-in. Even though the game may seem dysfunctional from the outside, the players all get something from playing in it. Be it pleasure, time pass or to just get lost for sometime from the real world.

Games allow us to boost our sense of identity through our interaction with others.

We play Games those interests us BuT I do admit the Sound of Trophy popping unexpectedly does Excite us don't u??

If you play games, if you enjoy them, even if it is just as a small past time. In my eyes, you are a gamer. I do not care if you play for the "pure reason of playing", comparing yourself to someone who buys games just to get a few trophies on it. You both play, you both game. The one who does it to get trophies still has a desire, or ideal he/she fulfills while playing, thus how are they any different than you? Just like the one who plays "to have fun". They play because they want to have fun, because they want to partake in the experience they love. No matter your reason for gaming, no matter how you play, you are still a gamer. Thank you very much for posting this thread, sir. It makes me happy to see others have a similar view. The elitism going on in the gaming community is horrible at times.

• 1 month later...

Me being older then most on these forums. I don't care what you play. play the game of any game for whats it worth. And have fun about it. 

If you play the games for trophies. all fine and dandy. At least you play through the game good or bad and not cheat at popping the trophies.

I try to do Hannah Montana for that very reason. One of my friends try to give me shyt about it, and i didn't care. Game was bad enough i just couldn't play it,

• Like 1

Me being older then most on these forums. I don't care what you play. play the game of any game for whats it worth. And have fun about it. 

If you play the games for trophies. all fine and dandy. At least you play through the game good or bad and not cheat at popping the trophies.

I try to do Hannah Montana for that very reason. One of my friends try to give me shyt about it, and i didn't care. Game was bad enough i just couldn't play it,

I loved this post. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting this, no sarcasm intended either. Good to know there are so many people who are accepting of others style in this forum.

• Like 1

I loved this post. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting this, no sarcasm intended either. Good to know there are so many people who are accepting of others style in this forum.

Thank you, and non taken. Video games is an art and i like to see everyone enjoy it in their own way. :)

• Like 1

Hallelujah-Reaction-GIFS.gif

Well said. I couldn't agree more. :yay:

Side Note:

Sometimes people get cr**py games as presents from family, friends or loved ones who just don't know any better and you play them just for their sake. (I just can not ever find it in me to trade in or return a gift. Even if I hate it. I'll at least make an effort to try it.)

Edited by Holocat_Zer0
  • Like 1