Microsoft announces Windows 10

kidhero99

I think it's funny all the complaining about where's Windows 9 that has happened and will happen since it's not like there's a law that says it has to go in order.

Besides, Windows 8 was actually the 11th version so that kind of renders any complaining about where's Windows 9 rather pointless. And that's not even counting the Server versions in that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions#Client_versions

Edited by BooneJusticius

i heard  win 9 will be just free update for win 8 users

maybe win 10 will be trully next windows

anyway im not interested in new system. im on win 7 and its ok

if not dx10/11 i would still be on win xp

i guess ill get new windows when ill change my pc with GPU with dx 11+ (which i dont plan in next few years anyway since i almost dont play on pc )

it's a matter of time and they'll announce Windows 1 in late 2016. 

You're about 30 years too late for that one since it came out in 1985.

Edit: Not worth making another post in here for this. Yes, I get that it's supposed to be a joke. But a person tends to ruin their own joke when they make up a name for something and it actually already exists.

Edited by BooneJusticius
  • Like 1

1 through 3.11, somewhat normal. Then NT, 95, CE, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, RT, 8, 8.1. And now 10. Sorry I left out Pocket PC, Mobile, Server and Phone. 

If anyone is still actually surprised by Microsoft's' naming scheme for Windows, they haven't payed any attention over the last 20 years.

You're about 30 years too late for that one since it came out in 1985.

Technically maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was Windows ONE. (Spelled out, not the number.)

• Like 1

Windows 9 is actually Windows 8.5, it's just "update" for W8.

Because it's too mainstream to actually continue normally.

Technically maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was Windows ONE. (Spelled out, not the number.)

They are waiting for XBox TWO to announce new operating system which will utilize that system, because fug the rules.

Edited by SatoshiOokami
  • Like 1

I looked at the preview and it seems like a combination or windows 7 and 8-8.1 which is good. The shut down is now up not down which is not that bad. Here's a picture:

VRG_1080.0.jpg

I really have high hopes for this so I'll wait for improvements. Also the OS is unpolished, so this is an unfinished product at the moment. 

I don't really get the confusion sometimes with you people, Vita TV is a dumb name considering it has no tv features but no one is criticizing that.

• Like 1

I don't really get the confusion sometimes with you people, Vita TV is a dumb name considering it has no tv features but no one is criticizing that.

The Vita TV (now the Playstation TV outside Japan) does have a TV feature. It can hook up the TV and use a TV for it's display. Vita TV was absolutely a dumb name because it couldn't play many (most?) Vita titles. Playstation TV is a slightly better name because it doesn't imply that all Vita games can be played on it. 

• Like 1

The Vita TV (now the Playstation TV outside Japan) does have a TV feature. It can hook up the TV and use a TV for it's display. Vita TV was absolutely a dumb name because it couldn't play many (most?) Vita titles. Playstation TV is a slightly better name because it doesn't imply that all Vita games can be played on it. 

What you said Is social theory (Stuff that is cohered to public and social terms) rather than simple theory. You know that a Playstation TV has no screen or isn't used to watch prolonged programs for time so therefore it's not a tv but rather a add-on. Anyway forget about all of this, Playstation TV sounds better than Vita TV. 

Edited by Bear

Everyone knows Windows Vista was the absolute pinnacle of Microsoft's operating system.

what?oO

Vista is worst M$ system ever

it gave absolutely nothing except slow work and errors

there is regularity in Windows since long time that every second system is good

and win7 is great

• Like 1

what?oO

Vista is worst M$ system ever

it gave absolutely nothing except slow work and errors

there is regularity in Windows since long time that every second system is good

and win7 is great

I know, that was sarcasm, which is why I was using the sarcasm font. Vista was what chased me away from Windows ne'er to return.

i heard  win 9 will be just free update for win 8 users

maybe win 10 will be trully next windows

Hm? I'm confused now...I thought today's annoucement was supposed to be about Windows 9. I did read beforehand that it was supposed to be a free update for Windows 8 users too. So, is Windows 10 one in the same as that free update??? If not, then there was no mention of windows 9 as promised...