Microsoft announces Windows 10

kidhero99

Microsoft already existed before any of those consoles therefore we can expect wonderful OS, unlike the company that makes the iDiots.

You really didn't need to go there. 

What you said Is social theory (Stuff that is cohered to public and social terms) rather than simple theory. You know that a Playstation TV has no screen or isn't used to watch prolonged programs for time so therefore it's not a tv but rather a add-on. Anyway forget about all of this, Playstation TV sounds better than Vita TV. 

A TV means many things to many people, so I'm absolutely referring to social theory. And good on you for recognizing it. One of my bachelors degrees is in philosophy so I've spend a good amount of time covering what you're referring to, but I'm not gonna get that deep on it.

Here's my premises: Not everything that has TV in it's name is capable of sending and receiving "television" signals in reference to broadcast and cable channels. Many things that have TV in it's name imply that it, yes, is an accessory for the TV. It's not a fundamental problem with the name, but rather a problem with humanity needing everything to mean one thing and one thing only.

To get tangentially on-topic: "Windows" (by itself, now more than ever) and Windows 10 are terribly named as is the Vita TV. These naming schemes aren't going to change and they're not offensively enough named for me not to try them out. 

Edited by DaivRules

You really didn't need to go there. 

A TV means many things to many people, so I'm absolutely referring to social theory. And good on you for recognizing it. One of my bachelors degrees is in philosophy so I've spend a good amount of time covering what you're referring to, but I'm not gonna get that deep on it.

Here's my premises: Not everything that has TV in it's name is capable of sending and receiving "television" signals in reference to broadcast and cable channels. Many things that have TV in it's name imply that it, yes, is an accessory for the TV. It's not a fundamental problem with the name, but rather a problem with humanity needing everything to mean one thing and one thing only.

To get tangentially on-topic: "Windows" (by itself, now more than ever) and Windows 10 are terribly named as is the Vita TV. These naming schemes aren't going to change and they're not offensively enough named for me not to try them out. 

I understand I was just trying to say that the names or naming things aren't really a problem. I personally think Windows OS is better name than Windows but it's out of my control. 

Edited by Bear

Then why is the Iphone 6 pre-loaded with IOS8? LOL

Because iOS 8 is the eighth version of the iOS operating system and the iPhone 6 is not truly the 6th iPhone (taking into consideration each "S" phone).

On topic: Lol, why did Microsoft skip 9? Either way, it looks like they're trying to merge in fullscreen apps better and stuff like that with the next version of Windows. People seem to struggle with learning how to operate Windows 8 for whatever reason even though it's just Windows 7 with fullscreen apps, haha

• Like 1

Because iOS 8 is the eighth version of the iOS operating system and the iPhone 6 is not truly the 6th iPhone (taking into consideration each "S" phone).

On topic: Lol, why did Microsoft skip 9? Either way, it looks like they're trying to merge in fullscreen apps better and stuff like that with the next version of Windows. People seem to struggle with learning how to operate Windows 8 for whatever reason even though it's just Windows 7 with fullscreen apps, haha

Lol, oh Mango. I was joking with him. Yeah, they pretty much used window 7 as foundation then put features from windows 8 on top. The problem is, how will this affect windows phone 9 or 10 (lol)? 

I dunno WindX just rolls off the tongue

Lol, that sound's like a name of a  cleaning product I hear of recently in America. 

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

I think it's funny all the complaining about where's Windows 9 that has happened and will happen since it's not like there's a law that says it has to go in order.

There's not, but come on! Numbers work like they work for a reason! Then again we already have 95, 98 and 2000 so I guess this mess has been around for a while...

Windows 9, according to the head of MS india (I think) advised that Win9 is a free update for 8.1. It will be a download for all those users and should, if the rumours are true, create a platform for both those who like the metro UI and those who prefer the old 'windows' UI

From what I can understand, MS want to now push yearly releases, rather than the sporadic new versions they are used too. Obviously the whole 'how can we get people to pay for this' is going to be a bit harder to understand for the moment.

We'll see if this still holds true...

Parker

Probably not since Windows 95 should be on top and 98 on bottom. Except for Win98 Second Edition maybe. Ever tried to install a Plug'n'Play device on regular 98 without any updates? Good luck. :)

It's also missing Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, which ran really stable.

I think it's funny all the complaining about where's Windows 9 that has happened and will happen since it's not like there's a law that says it has to go in order.

Besides, Windows 8 was actually the 11th version so that kind of renders any complaining about where's Windows 9 rather pointless. And that's not even counting the Server versions in that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions#Client_versions

I guess they are only counting the NT family. 9x hasn't been developed any further after ME.

I think it's even funnier that the whole confusion started when they called version 6.1 Windows 7.

Wouldn't be surprised if the huge leap with Windows 10, that's gonna be so advanced that they skip a whole number, turns out to be Windows 6.4.

Edited by soniq

• 5 weeks later...