How many EASY plats do you have?

SIDEWINDER_21X

Dirty plats...  

305 members have voted

1. 1. How many "dirty" platinum trophies do you have?

2. 2. Would you go for any more "dirty" platinum trophies?

• Yes absolutely, they're still platinums!
    • I'll still earn the occasional few
    • Probably not, unless I enter a trophy competition
    • Absolutely not!

I got a few dirty plats that I ONLY got to get an easy plat.

Hasbro Family Game Night

Up!

Terminator Salvation

Sly Cooper Games

Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection

I have Trine 2 plat but I dont consider that a dirty plat since its genuinly a good game.

Sometimes it feels good to be a dirty whore

• Like 1

Unfortunately too many gamers anymore do no take into consideration that some folks genuinely enjoy some of these games and had fun playing them. Enjoyment and fun have taken a back-seat to the trophies a game offers up. If a game offers an easy Platinum, regardless of the fact the person playing it had a fun time playing the game, the hours of enjoyment and fun hold no merit, just the trophies.

I would rather hear of someone having a good time with a game like Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus and legitimately earn their trophies/Platinum than I would reading about someone playing a game they can't stand just for the trophy(ies) and whatever warped sense of "respectability" they think this earns them.

Totally agree with you there Wade, some people just forget about the whole point of gaming and just assume it's all about trophies. And for me it just isn't, I mean look at my list of trophies lol. If I don't like a game, it will have a really low %.

• Like 1

:hmm: If we are basing this off of :platinum: 's that we regret earning then my answer is none, haha. I have had fun earning most of my trophies; I only say most because some of them were a really huge pain in the ass difficulty-wise or a massive mindless grind ;)

I have just recently started playing some of the "kiddie" games. I'm not gonna lie here; i'm doing it for the easy Platinum trophies. With that said, i'm finding them to be really fun/enjoyable. I don't mind playing harder games (been there, done that, and will do more) but, it's refreshing to just play and have fun while not losing any of my hair... my kids are actually more interested in them as well :D

Even though I have ventured into the "kiddie" game land, i'm not gonna just grab any easy game and run with it. I intended to pick up the 2 Cars games but, after reviewing some gameplay footage, i'm just not interested at all. I pulled them out of my GameQ and moved on.

So to sum up... None. :P

• Like 1

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a dirty plat. A plat is a plat. It's just some plats are easier than the other, and that doesn't make it dirty.

If you went through the whole thread and read the amazing amounts of bitching available, I think people decided that a "dirty" plat was one you regret earning.

I personally don't see why people are so drawn to trophies/achievements, I only ever get games I think I'll like, granted I have the platinum for SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Also known as Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection), but I got the game because it has one of my favourite old Sonic games on it, Sonic Spinball, and I got the platinum just by trying the other games out, so I wouldn't call that platinum "dirty", because I wasn't really trying to get it.

I only ever go for a platinum if I enjoy the game and it gives me a sense of accomplishment (which is why Modern Warfare 2 shall forever remain on 8% unless I play through the rest (pretty much all) of the single player campaign).

You'd have to be pretty lazy to hack for a platinum, I have never hacked for two reasons, it would take the fun out of the game and I don't know how...

• Like 2

While you might consider them "dirty," I do have two easy plats. However, it's because I enjoyed the TV series that I got them. Those would be the NCIS and a CSI game I have. I LOVE watching shows like that so seeing the stories in the games were nice. While it was disappointing that the game play wasn't more in depth in what you do, I had fun in the story aspect of it. So while they were easy and linear, they were fun.

Last Rebellion might be considered one as well since the whole platinum is just story mode (with the exception of the extra boss trophies) but I LOVED that game. It was the first one I played on my PS3 and my very first plat.

So yes and no I guess? Yes in the eyes of some but no to me because I played them because I knew I would enjoy them. :P

(Except Create...it looked cool for the move but it was a POS and I regret getting it. But I wasn't going to just leave it at such a small number so I finished it all. Horrible game if I ever saw one. Don't really regret it though cause now I can tell my customers the game sucks.)

And with that last thought...I guess no game for me is really "dirty." Since I work in video game retail I tend to look into games to give people reviews on them. If I get a lot of customers asking me about a certain game, whether I think I will like it or not, I'll normally rent it out so I can give feedback and help my customers more. But mostly I use my second account for that. I made one just for work so I wouldn't be hurting my own trophy score in the process (after doing it a few times to begin with :/).

• 1 month later...

The only game I would consider an "easy" plat I guess, would be Godfather 2. I don't really choose games on how easy the plat is, I play games I like and if I like it enough I plat it. I actually think I have a lot of hard platinums but that's just because I enjoyed all those games. The thing I hate is that people find cheats or glitches to earn plats that they don't deserve. Demon's Souls is a proud plat to have and it irks me when I see people talking about sharing weapons/items. Now that's a dirty plat.

Thank goodness its only Terminator Salvation and Trivial Pursuit. I don't really count Cabela's Outdoor Adventures, Green Lantern or Captain America because I bought those games and had a ton of fun playing them. Still own them till this day :). What I consider a dirty plat is a game you found absolutly terrible and you forced yourself to get the plat hence why I count Terminator and Trivial Pursuit :shakefist:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

None, I guess. I mean, none are games that would jump out at you as a kid's game or something. Personally, I never thought Sly 1 (which was my first plat) was really a kid's game. I dunno, I think more of games like Hannah Montana when I think of the term 'dirty plat'.

• 3 months later...

Not dirty as in hacked but when i see Terminator Salvation and Spare Parts on my list i think why did i ever play them. I also consider Trine 2 cheap rather than dirty, got it cause i liked the first game not cause of easy trophies, they where just the bonus. But my Bro got both Terminator Salvation and Spare Parts, so after him telling me they where easy i gave them a go.

I dont usually play games just for trophies anymore. Quality over Quantity is what i prefer.

• Like 2

I would say Dirty platinums are games you bought for the easy trophies and no other reason.

I got the Ratchet and Clank collection and they are pretty easy. I think the platinum's rarity is 40% or something. But I got the games because I'm a fan of the series and always enjoyed them on the Ps2.

Anyway I got 0.

I don't think "dirty" is the right word to use. Maybe "guilty" would be better.

But I admit that I have one, Where The Wild Things Are. I rented that game for no other reason then to get an easy platimun. Never again.

I don't care if someone has a bunch of "kids" games on their trophy lists. For all I know, it's their kids that are playing the games in the first place. Just cuz a game has an easy list doesn't mean the game should be banished.

One thing that does bother me is when players have the same game, but from different regions, on their list multiple times. Especially when it's a shitty game.

• Like 1