Keep account or start a fresh

RockySanchez666

Hey guys. Today my PS3 got corrupted and i've lost everything including game saves, I know I should of backed up my saves, now i've gotta start my games from scratch but i'm wondering to keep my almost 6000 trophies or make a new account with 0 trophies, any advice would be appreciated  

Edited by RockySanchez666

KEEP   /   I have only been a Playstation gamer a few months and very happy I have one account and stuck to it, I came from Xbox having made a new account every 2-4 weeks and I got nothing to be proud of from the years of Xbox, you could always start fresh on new games or older games but stick to the account just think some of those trophies must have been a grind or really hard to get, getting them again may prove...... Erm a pain i guess, it will take ages to get those 5800+ back 

Hey guys. Today my PS3 got corrupted and i've lost everything including game saves, I know I should of backed up my saves, now i've gotta start my games from scratch but i'm wondering to keep my almost 6000 trophies or make a new account with 0 trophies, any advice would be appreciated  

Depends how much you care about trophies. If you really like having a lot, keep the account. If its not a problem and you figure you can get some of them back, start a new account. You'd have to keep this account for any purchases you made anyway right?

I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. Got the yellow light of death and never backed anything up. Then, I signed into my old account to work on my plats only to find I couldn't complete any of the games I started.

So, I don't know if they fixed the problem, but since I wanted completion, I had to start new.

Always keep. Always.

Your profile is your record of your gaming life. It carries triumphs, highs, lows (like your corrupted PS3) unfinished games, unfinishable games, hard won victories and dastardly defeats. Its also your motiation to keep plugging away at games to not let a long grind break you or a set back defeat you.

A pristine 100% profile based on cautious avoidance of unfinishable games or restarting in the face of adversity is worth nothing.

A hard won 50% profile full of dead-ends, unwinnable trophies, victories and defeats - one that actually represents you and your gaming history and life - thats worth something :)

Well said sir!

• Like 1

I've lost a few saves over the years because some were copy protected, some I was surprised when my ps3 suddenly kicked the bucket. Which is why I tend to work on one game at a time if possible. Keep the account.... you live and you learn.... take this lesson forward, and make back up saves if possible. 

• Like 1

with that much trophies i would def. keep the account as well.

DrBloodMoney brought it right to the point.

this year my "fat lady" gave up and i bought a new ps3 w/o saving anything.

but i continued and managed to do some backlog as well.

sometimes it's not that bad to start a game from 0 and see how far you can bring it this time.

Fuck the trophies, they won't mean shit to you or anybody else, when sony shuts it's servers down haha. 

In all seriousness, if you're just looking for a new name and a fresh start, go ahead and make a new account.

This one will always be here waiting for you, if you ever want to come back to it. ;)

Life is for the living.. not hanging on to old shit just because. This account will always be here to show your 'gaming history' anyway. 

If you hate your name and want a high completion rate, then by all means move on, if you like your current name and don't care about completion.. keep your current account because it's literally completely fucking pointless moving on. 

Trophies are fucking worthless anyways, I like collecting them, just because I lack real hobbies, but I know they aren't worth shit to anyone, especially to people who don't collect trophies...